Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell me yours views!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tell me yours views!!

Hello Everyone,

This may be a little off our usual topics in web hosting but we really just wanted to bring up the fact that there are lots of hosts who willingly consider other hosts as friendly competitors and will look to them for help in various situations. Does anyone have such experiences?

Comments

• ihadpihadp Member

Why did you create this thread?

• WilliamWilliam Member

ihadp said: Why did you create this thread?

Yea, i see no point either.

• If yes, they will reply
    • If not it would be bad publicity so they will not reply

So your answer set is nearly 100% biased into one direction...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

liveinhost said: This may be a little off our usual topics in web hosting but we really just wanted to bring up the fact that there are lots of hosts who willingly consider other hosts as friendly competitors and will look to them for help in various situations. Does anyone have such experiences?

I think @Francisco has rescued innumerable small hosts...quite remarkable, really.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

liveinhost said: This may be a little off our usual topics in web hosting but we really just wanted to bring up the fact that there are lots of hosts who willingly consider other hosts as friendly competitors and will look to them for help in various situations. Does anyone have such experiences?

I think @Francisco has rescued innumerable small hosts...quite remarkable, really.

Big and small.

I do my best to help when possible but i've been a bit more of a protectionist as of late after being burned by a few of those same people more than once.

Still, I do my best to help when I can.

Francisco

• what do you exactly mean ? what kind of help ?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I help where I can, I am probably too transparent sometimes, I have received help too, recently from @Francisco

I think a lot of hosts communicate anyway on friendly terms with the odd 'blip' :)