Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arubacloud invoice (price increase) ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Arubacloud invoice (price increase) ?

Hi,

I was lucky to get a arubacloud VPS in France and Germany for 1 EUR/month (+ VAT) before they raised the prices to 5 EUR/month.

Yesterday I received a new invoice and it seems the prices are raised to 5 EUR/month ?

Anyone experienced the same ?

Thanks

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2017

hmmm it still displays as 1€ on the Page.

Any censored pics?

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited May 2017

@Neoon said:
    hmmm it still displays as 1€ on the Page.

Any censored pics?

BTW: I have two servers. Not sure where the difference in both (5 EUR and 15 EUR) comes from

• Mine still shows up as 1 euro a month in their France datacenter.

• @matthewkilpatrick said:
    Mine still shows up as 1 euro a month in their France datacenter.

Thanks. I have no clue where my amounts come from ...
    Billing information is very unclear in my control panel

• got invoice...
    at mine, it just inform amount of top up... no hiking price or anything else....

Thanked by 1gkz
  • saibalsaibal Member
    edited May 2017

wlambrechts said: Yesterday I received a new invoice and it seems the prices are raised to 5 EUR/month ?

Neoon said: hmmm it still displays as 1€ on the Page.

matthewkilpatrick said: Mine still shows up as 1 euro a month in their France datacenter.

According to ArubaCloud:
    The price of 1€ per month is only valid for activations made for data center DC1, DC2 or DC3. New activations made for data center DC4, DC5 or DC6 will be priced at €4,99/month.

edited May 2017

@saibal said:

wlambrechts said: Yesterday I received a new invoice and it seems the prices are raised to 5 EUR/month ?

Neoon said: hmmm it still displays as 1€ on the Page.

matthewkilpatrick said: Mine still shows up as 1 euro a month in their France datacenter.

According to ArubaCloud:
    The price of 1€ per month is only valid for activations made for data center DC1, DC2 or DC3. New activations made for data center DC4, DC5 or DC6 will be priced at €4,99/month.

I know this. I purchased BEFORE the price increase and so did the others that replied, I guess ...

• BTW: there is a complete mismatch between what I spent (using PayPal) and the services I received... Is there any way in obtaining a history log of my topped up credit ?

I spent around 9 EUR for two months of two 1 EUR VPS's ...

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited May 2017

I got one some in DC DE1, and coincidently, I just topped up my credits yesterday. Fortunately, for my existing VPSs, the pricing is still as before (1 Eur). Fair enough.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@wlambrechts said:
    BTW: there is a complete mismatch between what I spent (using PayPal) and the services I received... Is there any way in obtaining a history log of my topped up credit ?

you probably got the whole thing wrong. on arubacloud.com it's kind of a credit system.
    so you top-up your credit and get an invoice only for that. the VMs are decreasing your amount credit monthly afterwards and you won't get invoices per VM.

I also just checked my credit balance is 9 € as expected and my UK VM has an estimated cost of 1€ for the next month.

my guess is you did not even order with https://www.arubacloud.com/ but maybe with aruba.it itself which will result in different pricing.
    I have never seen invoices like yours on the cheap arubacloud thing...

edited May 2017

I put around 25 EUR on my credit and now it is 16 EUR. So this would mean I spent around 9 EUR for 2 VPS's of 1 EUR in 2 months ...

I have been receiving monthly invoices which stated 1 EUR for a VPS ... so in the past these invoices seemed correct ...

• @Falzo said:

@wlambrechts said:
    BTW: there is a complete mismatch between what I spent (using PayPal) and the services I received... Is there any way in obtaining a history log of my topped up credit ?

you probably got the whole thing wrong. on arubacloud.com it's kind of a credit system.
    so you top-up your credit and get an invoice only for that. the VMs are decreasing your amount credit monthly afterwards and you won't get invoices per VM.

I also just checked my credit balance is 9 € as expected and my UK VM has an estimated cost of 1€ for the next month.

my guess is you did not even order with https://www.arubacloud.com/ but maybe with aruba.it itself which will result in different pricing.
    I have never seen invoices like yours on the cheap arubacloud thing...

Is there any place I could see the history of the "virtual" credit ? So I can start looking at where my 9 Euro's went to ?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Wait, 11EUR for Unlimited 1000Mbit aka Gbit VPS?

• XeiXei Member

I wonder what the real world bandwidth is for their gbit VPS.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I think the network port will be shared and will have some restrictions

• FalzoFalzo Member

@wlambrechts said:
    I put around 25 EUR on my credit and now it is 16 EUR. So this would mean I spent around 9 EUR for 2 VPS's of 1 EUR in 2 months ...

I have been receiving monthly invoices which stated 1 EUR for a VPS ... so in the past these invoices seemed correct ...

hmm, that's odd. but I've never seen monthly invoices I only get one after putting credit into account and it only states "top-up" but not any services :/
    this is to be found in their customer panel under https://customerarea.aruba.it/start/Login

I can't find any billing history for the VMs itself throughout their panels. only the estimated monthly price is stated in the control panel for managing the VM depending on the DC...

did you eventually destroy and recreate the VMs? I think that would reset the pricing.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

In stead of opening a thread on LET, maybe you should FIRST open a ticket to them and ask them about? Then, come to LET if there is a need and ask for it...

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • @Falzo said:

@wlambrechts said:

hmm, that's odd. but I've never seen monthly invoices I only get one after putting credit into account and it only states "top-up" but not any services :/
    this is to be found in their customer panel under https://customerarea.aruba.it/start/Login

I can't find any billing history for the VMs itself throughout their panels. only the estimated monthly price is stated in the control panel for managing the VM depending on the DC...

did you eventually destroy and recreate the VMs? I think that would reset the pricing.

If you use gmail it will end in promotions folder

• FalzoFalzo Member

robohost said: If you use gmail it will end in promotions folder

I don't use gmail and normally get their mails about promos and such. yet have not received any invoice rather then after topping up credit. I have an account since 2015, so this makes me curious if they indeed changed anything on that for newer signups because meanwhile they switched part of their control panel mess to what they use for cloud.it too.

it was only a guess about OP possibly ordered a VPS via https://www.cloud.it/vps/vps-hosting.aspx and not via https://www.arubacloud.com/ because prices obviously differ.

besides that my old service in UK is still running strong at 1€ per month...

• spyworkspywork Member
    edited May 2017

http://imgur.com/a/6Z9Rj
    My vps is always 1 €, i'm from italy, vat is only on credit charge.

• @Neoon said:
    Wait, 11EUR for Unlimited 1000Mbit aka Gbit VPS?

you get around 600mbit/s in average but can burst to 800-900 often.

• I'm still one euro