Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostMyBytes: CRITICAL - TOOK MANAGED SERVER OFFLINE FOR NO REASON
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostMyBytes: CRITICAL - TOOK MANAGED SERVER OFFLINE FOR NO REASON

They have taken a managed hybrid production server offline, marked as Terminated for no reason, while it's been paid for ok. I am getting no logical response other than it's been escalated or that billing department is available Monday through Friday. I still cannot believe my eyes this is happening. No one responds, the phone number on their web site is not correct.

This is totally insane. Does anyone have a contact for this company or know who is behind it?

Comments

• strickly said: Terminated for no reason,

I'm looking forward to finding out what this "no reason" actually is.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Do you have any invoices paid that are marked unpaid? If not, I suspect not billing automation issue. Likey abuse at that stage. Would be quite some abuse to justify no communication on the matter (CP, etc).

• There is none, it just looks like an error, human or system one, however, no one will provide any logical answer or actual solution. There were 2, one that it was escalated followed by that billing is available between this and that. This is unbelievable I tell you. Have been through many providers, never experienced something like this, much less with a managed dedicated server and where support would provide no assistance. It is a company with no support at all.

This has actually happened after repeated times when they would not apply Paypal payments and even gone into suspending the server once, if it wasn't for me alerting them about it, they would've probably terminated it. Now after even having billing all current the server goes from Active to Terminated all of a sudden. The server is still offline and no one will do anything about it.

Support responses:
    https://i.gyazo.com/1ddbd67627801d895be6652cd620e543.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/ab81e367c68e80d9f153bd44260b89a4.png

And still nothing after many hours.

I do NOT believe this.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2017

@jarland said:
    Do you have any invoices paid that are marked unpaid? If not, I suspect not billing automation issue. Likey abuse at that stage. Would be quite some abuse to justify no communication on the matter (CP, etc).

The CAPS LOCK title is a bit excessive. Not sure if it was a mistake, albeit seems like the termination was out of nowhere.

Err, good luck to the OP I guess.

EDIT: @Ishaq pointed it out

Thanked by 1netomx
  • YuraYura Member

Hereby, I donate my 1000th message to the Gods of Drama to make them smile and grant us some good times!

• Everything's paid for and marked as such and there's been pretty much no activity other than one website, so no. Nothing that explains this, much less that there is no response from the company.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Didn't they announce closing some products in the past few weeks? Maybe it's related to that?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Ishaq said:
    Didn't they announce closing some products in the past few weeks? Maybe it's related to that?

Managed stuff was supposed to stay, maybe they fat fingered something?

Francisco

• stricklystrickly Member
    edited May 2017

Indeed as Francisco says, hybrid stays:

"These services will shut down on May 30th, 2017. If you have prepaid for one of the services that are being discontinued beyond May 30th, 2017 please open a ticket with billing to explore a possible prorated refund. HostMyBytes is going to be focusing on on our managed VPS product, hybrid server product, and dedicated servers."

And it's not even May 30th anyway.

• And now the response is: https://i.gyazo.com/bfacf729ebb76f59a3057cb30b138212.png.

What kind of joke is this company?

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@strickly said:
    And now the response is: https://i.gyazo.com/bfacf729ebb76f59a3057cb30b138212.png.

What kind of joke is this company?

Probably outsourced support that has no access to anything other than orders and support tickets?

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
    edited May 2017

I mean they take a PRODUCTION MANAGED DEDICATED server offline, provide no answer or fix but ask me if I want to order a new one? What?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

I think LET really needs a sticky post with a list of providers that have outsourced their support to incompetent retards.

• For God's sake, it's a managed dedicated server and they labeled it as Terminated however will provide no answer for a full weekend? It's unacceptable.

• PandyPandy Member

@strickly said:
    For God's sake, it's a managed dedicated server and they labeled it as Terminated however will provide no answer for a full weekend? It's unacceptable.

I mean atleast now you know if you are gonna renew it

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
    edited May 2017

They won't do anything about it, there's clearly just a random guy to answer tickets when he pleases. Just him with no access to anything nor anyone. Plus he confirms the support phone line does not work -> https://i.gyazo.com/0c3208036ef2efa84788f902adc8a374.png.

"Need anything else?" OMG, just too much...

• One word: run.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Do you take regular backups?

edited May 2017

The server has been dormant for some time, only recently had a friend setting up a website that's been worked on a lot, did not start making off-site backups yet, it was on the to-do list. But this just happens as this site becomes online, the server has been Active for several months.

• teamaccteamacc Member

@strickly said:
    The server has been dormant for some time, only recently had a friend setting up a website that's been worked on a lot, did not start making off-site backups yet, it was on the to-do list. But this just happens as this site becomes online, the server has been Active for several months.

Could be badly secured site then, got hacked, sent ddos out.

Then again, fully managed means they should at least provide that as the answer, and possibly also reinstall some stuff. Currently they're on my do-not-buy list just by support responses alone...

edited May 2017

Response now is -> https://i.gyazo.com/8fafb1fcb01ee7cc7e15ffba881d0674.png

I want everyone on this board to hold your hands together and say a prayer for me and the server.

• YuraYura Member

Why are you so worried? "They're are here to help", Tim told you that a million times already, man.

Thanked by 4quick Fidde Lunar lazyt
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited May 2017

Welcome to LET Support Client Area. Please choose one of the following:

-Do you want to get trolled?

-Where are your backups?

-Fart mother?

• sinsin Member

@strickly need anything else? Just let us know. We're here to help.

• Yeah, our DC just went up in flames, need anything else?

• FredQcFredQc Member

@Hxxx said:
    Welcome to LET Support Client Area. Please choose one of the following:

-Do you want to get trolled?

-Where are your backups?

-Fart mother?

You forgot the sister

Thanked by 2Hxxx netomx
  • KrisKris Member

Yeah, so from this gem of a screenshot:

Looks like they accidentally deleted your hybrid / managed server, probably don't have backups, and are hoping they can sweep things under the rug by provisioning a new server for you.

Run, and run fast. If you have backups, do not restore it with these divs. If by some shred of a chance in hell they have backups and you don't, take backups, then run.

Oh, and it's please advise. From the poor english, why.... I'm even starting to feel like 'Tim' isn't this guy's real name! :)

• HxxxHxxx Member

They are indians

edited May 2017

And this is the last response: https://i.gyazo.com/ab93baa6804c7c3b0610bc3331843fe2.png.

It all sounds like they have terminated a dedicated server by mistake without even noticing it and they just want to recreate it giving me credit. I cannot believe this, it's absolutely insane. It's like dealing with a 6 year old kids thing, they cannot put together a sentence explaining what is happening and make sense out of all of this.

• datakodatako Member

@strickly said:
    And this is the last response: https://i.gyazo.com/ab93baa6804c7c3b0610bc3331843fe2.png.

It all sounds like they have terminated a dedicated server by mistake without even noticing it and they just want to recreate it giving me credit. I cannot believe this, absolutely insane. It's like dealing with a 6 year old kids thing, they cannot put together a sentence explaining what is happening.

They probably fucked up big time and don't want to admit it. I'd save the headaches, get your money back and just move away at this point.

They're shutting down some of their services, yet those services appear purchasable on their site

Thanked by 1geekalot