Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

What Server/Offers did you buy this Easter ?

What Server/Offers did you buy this Easter ?

MridulMridul Member
edited April 20 in General

I got 2 x 1 Gb servers $5 each, Paid yearly. These are from @VirMach.

And another one from @gestiondbi.

its another 1 gb ovz, $1.15 /mo.

what did u buy ?

Thank you guys !!

Comments

• 1tb storagebox from @cociu :)

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • HarambeHarambe Member

Virmach, ImpactVPS

"Grab a Slice!™" - 1GB KVM + Dedicated CPU Usage for $3.50?? - US & EU (Luxembourg)
    (yes those are affiliate links, because Daddy needs to keep paying @Francisco)

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • WSSWSS Member

I got a 64MB KVM doing some nasty ollie-idling, bro!

I have technological ADHD. Let's flash images!

Thanked by 2Mridul willie
  • MridulMridul Member

@Kevinjoa said: 1tb storagebox from @cociu :)

Its delivered ?

• MridulMridul Member

@WSS said: I got a 64MB KVM doing some nasty ollie-idling, bro!

nice, what OS wud u use ?

• @Mridul said:

Its delivered ?

He is delivering all missing orders now until tomorrow, but yes mine is delivered. :)

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • WSSWSS Member

@Mridul said:

@WSS said: I got a 64MB KVM doing some nasty ollie-idling, bro!

nice, what OS wud u use ?

I threw OpenBSD on it, of course. NetBSD is too much of a pain to get to reliably boot with the virtio/not-virtio hybrid setup I got.

Thanked by 2Mridul BeardyUnixGuy
  • MridulMridul Member

@Kevinjoa said:

@Mridul said:

Its delivered ?

He is delivering all missing orders now until tomorrow, but yes mine is delivered. :)

Gr8. Do post some benchmarks. :)

• lionlion Member

A KVM Box from @AlexBarakov

• MridulMridul Member

@lion said: A KVM Box from @AlexBarakov

Which one....specs and price ?

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited April 20

Cociu's trashing madness with some massive cunts,useless but just having fun.

• sysFysysFy Member

Also a 1tb storagebox from @cociu. Looking forward to try it out since it hasn't been delivered yet.

• I took the plunge and bought a 48gb dedicated server from DediSpec. very pleased with it

• nothing this time :(

• williewillie Member
    edited April 20

1tb storage from cociu, not yet delivered but I told him I'm not in a hurry. Probably won't use much of it til mid next month or so.

Tried to buy a virmach kvm (forget which one) but luckily escaped from placing the order when adding my cc# didn't work. It was a great offer but I need more vps like a hole in the head.

Resisting DavidGestionDBI's offer of 1gb openvz for 15Cad/year. Again, a great offer but I have too many vps, and I avoid small ones now unless they're pure ssd, and preferably kvm.

ZXHost 1TB Ceph KVM is now mercifully out of stock. It was still available as of just a few days ago. I have one and it's great and I was planning to get another one next month if they were still there, but I guess I missed/escaped that one too.

Missed the free porkbun .buzz domain. The ideas I tried were unavailable but maybe I'd have thought of something.

Resisted a few other good offers that happened to be available but I don't think they were easter specials. There's always stuff like that available--it never stops.

Noticed online.net redesigned its web site and changed a few offers slightly. I take that as a sign of a 2017 lineup in the works, and maybe another promo ready to drop soon. Uh oh.

Outside of my usual bottomless appetite for storage, I can't think of anything I actually want from LET right now. I just read about a guy who did some monstrous math calculation using 225,000 cores from GCE pre-emptible instances (something like AWS spot). Unlike AWS's auction, GCE preemptibles are 80% off regular GCE prices, though like AWS spot they can kick you at any moment. The guy said he lost a few percent of his instances every hour to that, which was fine because he just spun up new ones when it happened.

It cost him $2200/hour which is .01/hour/core, which sounds comparable to a budget dedi on monthly billing. So I might consider using that for some of my own stuff. I've done things on my 4 core dedi that took 1-2 weeks but if I can spend $10 to spin up 100 GCE cores and get the same thing done in 1 night, that could be worth it.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said: Outside of my usual bottomless appetite for storage, I can't think of anything I actually want from LET right now. I just read about a guy who did some monstrous math calculation using 225,000 cores from GCE pre-emptible instances (something like AWS spot). Unlike AWS's auction, GCE preemptibles are 80% off regular GCE prices, though like AWS spot they can kick you at any moment. The guy said he lost a few percent of his instances every hour to that, which was fine because he just spun up new ones when it happened.

It cost him $2200/hour which is .01/hour/core, which sounds comparable to a budget dedi on monthly billing. So I might consider using that for some of my own stuff. I've done things on my 4 core dedi that took 1-2 weeks but if I can spend $10 to spin up 100 GCE cores and get the same thing done in 1 night, that could be worth it.

Yeah, but can he ansible 'cowsay' like you? I didn't think so.

• BG32BG32 Member

Fuck me decent write up @willie

• AuroraZAuroraZ Member

I got nothing but the shaft for Easter as usual. Same old, same old crap same day. I only wanted two servers and thy ain't not happening. Oh well guess I have to take my green money and spend it someplace someone wants it.

Life is Good ...... You should get one. | My Aff Links Hey look Dedicated servers from $25 -You know you need one Dacentec

• sinsin Member

Bought a Trabia VPS and that's about it. I wanted to buy more but I might be buying a new dedi soon.

• FredQcFredQc Member

Too much idling servers.

• jameshsijameshsi Member
    edited April 21

@Harambe said: Virmach, ImpactVPS

Do they got Lu KVM VPS and the sale still on ? Let me know, I might need 1.

• sonicsonic Member

10 VPS from @virmach , 1 VPS from @cociu . Total idle VPS now: 40 :D

• MridulMridul Member

@willie said: 1tb storage from cociu, not yet delivered but I told him I'm not in a hurry. Probably won't use much of it til mid next month or so.

Tried to buy a virmach kvm (forget which one) but luckily escaped from placing the order when adding my cc# didn't work. It was a great offer but I need more vps like a hole in the head.

Resisting DavidGestionDBI's offer of 1gb openvz for 15Cad/year. Again, a great offer but I have too many vps, and I avoid small ones now unless they're pure ssd, and preferably kvm.

ZXHost 1TB Ceph KVM is now mercifully out of stock. It was still available as of just a few days ago. I have one and it's great and I was planning to get another one next month if they were still there, but I guess I missed/escaped that one too.

Missed the free porkbun .buzz domain. The ideas I tried were unavailable but maybe I'd have thought of something.

Resisted a few other good offers that happened to be available but I don't think they were easter specials. There's always stuff like that available--it never stops.

Noticed online.net redesigned its web site and changed a few offers slightly. I take that as a sign of a 2017 lineup in the works, and maybe another promo ready to drop soon. Uh oh.

Outside of my usual bottomless appetite for storage, I can't think of anything I actually want from LET right now. I just read about a guy who did some monstrous math calculation using 225,000 cores from GCE pre-emptible instances (something like AWS spot). Unlike AWS's auction, GCE preemptibles are 80% off regular GCE prices, though like AWS spot they can kick you at any moment. The guy said he lost a few percent of his instances every hour to that, which was fine because he just spun up new ones when it happened.

Nice. Excellent writeup buddy.

• 2 oneprovider specials (both work great so far), 1 4TB storage vps from cociu (waiting)

• mrbbmrbb Member

1 from Virmach, 1 from ImpactVPS and 1 from cociu:)

• For me, I added more idle boxes:

• 1 dedicated + 1G KVM from VirMach

• 1 new VDR from ImpactVPS

• Credit added to BunnyCDN

• 1 new shared from Inception

This time I had to resist many times with storage offers from cociu. They are really good offer, however I have too many idle storage boxes (zxhost, speedykvm, time4vps, 2 idle kimsufi, 1 hetzner auction server) so finally, I did not click on the checkout confirmation page :-)

Surfing LET everyday is a very bad habit I think :-(

Thanked by 1sonic
  • williewillie Member

If your idle zxhost storage is transferable I might be willing to buy it from you next month. Too broke to do it right now.

• Tnahosting!

• Missed everything

• sonicsonic Member

nhocconan said: Surfing LET everyday is a very bad habit I think :-(

This's true!

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • @sonic said:

nhocconan said: Surfing LET everyday is a very bad habit I think :-(

This's true!

:(

• HarambeHarambe Member

@jameshsi said:

@Harambe said: Virmach, ImpactVPS

Do they got Lu KVM VPS and the sale still on ? Let me know, I might need 1.

You talking about the link in my signature? Yeah. Just click through and change the dropdown from "Las Vegas - E3 KVM" to "Luxembourg - E3 KVM" and everything is in stock. Looks like Vegas & New York are out, but Lux still has room.

"Grab a Slice!™" - 1GB KVM + Dedicated CPU Usage for $3.50?? - US & EU (Luxembourg)
    (yes those are affiliate links, because Daddy needs to keep paying @Francisco)

• MridulMridul Member

@starchart said: Tnahosting!

What did u get from them ?

• MridulMridul Member

@jetchirag said: Missed everything

Nope.. Thats called "Salvation" !

• 7euro/y vz by @cociu. I've been waiting for this.
    Safe place to park my 'friends' who need openVPN.

• Nothing. I've bought some server parts and ready to build my Dedi for data centre. I'm going to get rid of all my VPSes apart from 1 (OVH high bandwidth VM). Why do I have a ton of VMs in the US (damn you Virmach & GestionDBI) I live in UK and I now need gaming servers and everything in one place. Nice little proxmox install and everything i can manage. As for backups I've setup a Atom Server with 640GB in my cupboard. All my data (except Plex) will be copied to OneDrive 1TB plan and probably Amazon Cloud Drive and static backups such as Photos will be backed up to Glacier and ever changing backups such as my mail server will be on S3.

Finally going to have full backups and no more idling VMs. Just 1 colocated Dedi (Proxmox + VMs) and 1 VPS.

Just imagine the ease involved. Upgrade the server when you want for a one off fee. Total monthly cost looks to be £30/mo all in. That's to be split by around 3-8 people who will all be using Plex and the gaming servers/services.

Ask yourselves did you need that 1TB VM from cociu, hell yeah it looked a good deal but how much are you going to use of that 1TB? Or that GestionDBI VM. Do you need it. Or are you wasting more money you could be using for a Subway or a bottle of Vodka to recover after from being on that long weekend ready for work?

Yeah, I have memes. Not much else.

• All the offers were pretty shit so I spun up a Digital Ocean 512MB.

• bersybersy Member

@cociu €7/yr VM is the only one I managed to buy this Easter.

• Bought nothing. Wanted to get that @virmach one, but missed that, forgot to prepay credits...

• @Mridul said:

@jetchirag said: Missed everything

Nope.. Thats called "Salvation" !

Actually nopes, I was in need of some VPSes for a setup! That setup's vps need keeps growing :'D

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited April 21

GenjiSwitchPls said: how much are you going to use of that 1TB?

1TB. Personally I don't buy unless I have a use case in mind already.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Member

@r0xz said: 64MB KVM in NY

SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are only getting 55mb :P

Life is Good ...... You should get one. | My Aff Links Hey look Dedicated servers from $25 -You know you need one Dacentec

• @AuroraZ said:

Dayum, loss of 9mb

• sysFysysFy Member

@jetchirag said:

@AuroraZ said:

Dayum, loss of 9mb

That's a 14% loss!