Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Server/Offers did you buy this Easter ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What Server/Offers did you buy this Easter ?

MridulMridul Member
edited April 2017 in General

I got 2 x 1 Gb servers $5 each, Paid yearly. These are from @VirMach.

And another one from @gestiondbi.

its another 1 gb ovz, $1.15 /mo.

what did u buy ?

Thank you guys !!

Comments

• 1tb storagebox from @cociu :)

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Virmach, ImpactVPS

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • WSSWSS Member

I got a 64MB KVM doing some nasty ollie-idling, bro!

Thanked by 2Mridul willie
  • @Kevinjoa said:
    1tb storagebox from @cociu :)

Its delivered ?

• @WSS said:

nice, what OS wud u use ?

• @Mridul said:

@Kevinjoa said:

Its delivered ?

He is delivering all missing orders now until tomorrow, but yes mine is delivered. :)

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • WSSWSS Member

@Mridul said:

@WSS said:

nice, what OS wud u use ?

I threw OpenBSD on it, of course. NetBSD is too much of a pain to get to reliably boot with the virtio/not-virtio hybrid setup I got.

Thanked by 2Mridul BeardyUnixGuy
  • @Kevinjoa said:

@Mridul said:

@Kevinjoa said:

Its delivered ?

He is delivering all missing orders now until tomorrow, but yes mine is delivered. :)

Gr8. Do post some benchmarks. :)

• lionlion Member

A KVM Box from @AlexBarakov

• @lion said:
    A KVM Box from @AlexBarakov

Which one....specs and price ?

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited April 2017

Cociu's trashing madness with some massive cunts,useless but just having fun.

• sysFysysFy Member

Also a 1tb storagebox from @cociu. Looking forward to try it out since it hasn't been delivered yet.

• I took the plunge and bought a 48gb dedicated server from DediSpec. very pleased with it

• nothing this time :(

• williewillie Member
    edited April 2017

1tb storage from cociu, not yet delivered but I told him I'm not in a hurry. Probably won't use much of it til mid next month or so.

Tried to buy a virmach kvm (forget which one) but luckily escaped from placing the order when adding my cc# didn't work. It was a great offer but I need more vps like a hole in the head.

Resisting DavidGestionDBI's offer of 1gb openvz for 15Cad/year. Again, a great offer but I have too many vps, and I avoid small ones now unless they're pure ssd, and preferably kvm.

ZXHost 1TB Ceph KVM is now mercifully out of stock. It was still available as of just a few days ago. I have one and it's great and I was planning to get another one next month if they were still there, but I guess I missed/escaped that one too.

Missed the free porkbun .buzz domain. The ideas I tried were unavailable but maybe I'd have thought of something.

Resisted a few other good offers that happened to be available but I don't think they were easter specials. There's always stuff like that available--it never stops.

Noticed online.net redesigned its web site and changed a few offers slightly. I take that as a sign of a 2017 lineup in the works, and maybe another promo ready to drop soon. Uh oh.

Outside of my usual bottomless appetite for storage, I can't think of anything I actually want from LET right now. I just read about a guy who did some monstrous math calculation using 225,000 cores from GCE pre-emptible instances (something like AWS spot). Unlike AWS's auction, GCE preemptibles are 80% off regular GCE prices, though like AWS spot they can kick you at any moment. The guy said he lost a few percent of his instances every hour to that, which was fine because he just spun up new ones when it happened.

It cost him $2200/hour which is .01/hour/core, which sounds comparable to a budget dedi on monthly billing. So I might consider using that for some of my own stuff. I've done things on my 4 core dedi that took 1-2 weeks but if I can spend $10 to spin up 100 GCE cores and get the same thing done in 1 night, that could be worth it.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:
    Outside of my usual bottomless appetite for storage, I can't think of anything I actually want from LET right now. I just read about a guy who did some monstrous math calculation using 225,000 cores from GCE pre-emptible instances (something like AWS spot). Unlike AWS's auction, GCE preemptibles are 80% off regular GCE prices, though like AWS spot they can kick you at any moment. The guy said he lost a few percent of his instances every hour to that, which was fine because he just spun up new ones when it happened.

It cost him $2200/hour which is .01/hour/core, which sounds comparable to a budget dedi on monthly billing. So I might consider using that for some of my own stuff. I've done things on my 4 core dedi that took 1-2 weeks but if I can spend $10 to spin up 100 GCE cores and get the same thing done in 1 night, that could be worth it.

Yeah, but can he ansible 'cowsay' like you? I didn't think so.

• BG32BG32 Member

Fuck me decent write up @willie

• I got nothing but the shaft for Easter as usual. Same old, same old crap same day. I only wanted two servers and thy ain't not happening. Oh well guess I have to take my green money and spend it someplace someone wants it.

• sinsin Member

Bought a Trabia VPS and that's about it. I wanted to buy more but I might be buying a new dedi soon.

• Too much idling servers.

• jameshsijameshsi Member
    edited April 2017

@Harambe said:
    Virmach, ImpactVPS

Do they got Lu KVM VPS and the sale still on ? Let me know, I might need 1.

• sonicsonic Veteran

10 VPS from @virmach , 1 VPS from @cociu . Total idle VPS now: 40 :D

• @willie said:
    1tb storage from cociu, not yet delivered but I told him I'm not in a hurry. Probably won't use much of it til mid next month or so.

Tried to buy a virmach kvm (forget which one) but luckily escaped from placing the order when adding my cc# didn't work. It was a great offer but I need more vps like a hole in the head.

Resisting DavidGestionDBI's offer of 1gb openvz for 15Cad/year. Again, a great offer but I have too many vps, and I avoid small ones now unless they're pure ssd, and preferably kvm.

ZXHost 1TB Ceph KVM is now mercifully out of stock. It was still available as of just a few days ago. I have one and it's great and I was planning to get another one next month if they were still there, but I guess I missed/escaped that one too.

Missed the free porkbun .buzz domain. The ideas I tried were unavailable but maybe I'd have thought of something.

Resisted a few other good offers that happened to be available but I don't think they were easter specials. There's always stuff like that available--it never stops.

Noticed online.net redesigned its web site and changed a few offers slightly. I take that as a sign of a 2017 lineup in the works, and maybe another promo ready to drop soon. Uh oh.

Nice. Excellent writeup buddy.

• 2 oneprovider specials (both work great so far), 1 4TB storage vps from cociu (waiting)

• mrbbmrbb Member

1 from Virmach, 1 from ImpactVPS and 1 from cociu:)

• For me, I added more idle boxes:

• 1 dedicated + 1G KVM from VirMach

• 1 new VDR from ImpactVPS

• Credit added to BunnyCDN

• 1 new shared from Inception

This time I had to resist many times with storage offers from cociu. They are really good offer, however I have too many idle storage boxes (zxhost, speedykvm, time4vps, 2 idle kimsufi, 1 hetzner auction server) so finally, I did not click on the checkout confirmation page :-)

Surfing LET everyday is a very bad habit I think :-(

Thanked by 1sonic
  • If your idle zxhost storage is transferable I might be willing to buy it from you next month. Too broke to do it right now.

• Tnahosting!

• Missed everything