Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reseller - WHM/CPanel 125GB HD (NO SSD!)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reseller - WHM/CPanel 125GB HD (NO SSD!)

wemanageitwemanageit Member
edited April 2017 in Requests

With a current provider having a meltdown, which I don't have the time to deal with, I need to replace them.

RESELLER Account

US Server - East Cost preferred.. NO Hurricane states, no Earthquake states

FULL WHM - this includes TRANSFER SUPPORT/CREATION. I am done with dealing with hosts to upload a file in a GUI to do transfers. Full backups as well.

CPanel

RAID 10

FULL NIGHTLY BACKUP!

Apache! Period. NO nginix or ligthspeed.

MySQL, and preferably with SSL support and Replication support.

Shell Access. No ifs/ands/buts... I install software via shell.

ionCubeloader
ZenLoader

Since this has to have WHM/CPanel unfortunately I am stuck with something based on RH/CentOS/Cloudlinux...

$7/month, Can be higher monthly if discounts apply for 6monhs or yearly PIA.

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Very specific requirements for a shared host. Have you considered running your own WHM/Cpanel on a VPS and you can have it exactly the way you want it?

• trewq said:
    Very specific requirements for a shared host. Have you considered running your own WHM/Cpanel on a VPS and you can have it exactly the way you want it?

That is on the list for long term solutions... unfortunately I have an immediate need to move this elsewhere, like 3 days ago.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

wemanageit said: Apache! Period. NO nginix or ligthspeed

Curious about this one. Mind if I ask why?

• WSSWSS Member

Would this happen to be adult-related services, by chance?

• @wemanageit said:
    With a current provider having a meltdown, which I don't have the time to deal with, I need to replace them.

RESELLER Account

** FULL WHM - this includes TRANSFER SUPPORT/CREATION. I am done with dealing with hosts to upload a file in a GUI to do transfers. Full backups as well.**

CPanel

RAID 10

FULL NIGHTLY BACKUP!

Apache! Period. NO nginix or ligthspeed.

MySQL, and preferably with SSL support and Replication support.

Shell Access. No ifs/ands/buts... I install software via shell.

ionCubeloader
    ZenLoader

Since this has to have WHM/CPanel unfortunately I am stuck with something based on RH/CentOS/Cloudlinux...

$7/month, Can be higher monthly if discounts apply for 6monhs or yearly PIA.

You're explaining a need for a vps / dedi box. If you want we can help you?

50GB HDD

4GB Ram

4GB Swap

1TB Bandwidth

1 IP

I am open to customisable offers, thats £4.60 + £15/mo for a cPanel license.

See what you like, if you need a WHMCS license + £10 also..

• ihadpihadp Member

You need a VPS, you aren't going to get everything you are asking without it..period.

• MridulMridul Member
    edited April 2017

Well, I think you need to increase your budget.

The Only plan which fits your needs and the budget seems to be BuyShared, which would be really hard to match by any other host.

https://buyshared.net/cpanel-reseller-hosting/

But , do note that, they charge for each cpanel restore and Im not sure if they avail Shell Access.

Some other options :

Im using all these hosts and their reliability , support is simpply superb for the price.

PS : Skynet is a bit unsatisfactory over the response times and resolution.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2017

@IHaveADarkPassenger said:
    You need a VPS, you aren't going to get everything you are asking without it..period.

Managed VPS will cost more as OP has budget of $7 (wow budget, unfortunately too small).

• Awmusic12635 said:

wemanageit said: >Apache! Period. NO nginix or ligthspeed

Curious about this one. Mind if I ask why?

nginix is not a drop in replacement for Apache.. and critically doesn't use .htaccess... I use that for various functions

litespeed says its a drop in replacement, and I've only used it since that was what was on the current host, and I didn't know till after the fact and ran into issues with .htaccess functions and there were some issues with mods that didn't exist for it and the Apache ones didn't work... It was worked around at the time... this has been a bit ago... maybe they fixed it, don't know, don't really care.. Apache is the gold standard.

itpl001 said:
    If you really want to buy cheap web hosting plan then i'll suggest few cheap web >hosting provider list like eHost,InMotion hosting and DomainRacer.They also >provide shell access.These all hostings are reliable,safe and secure.

None of these list that can be found their DC.. and one looks to be in a PRIME earthquake state, CA.. No go... Thats about like the last time I went through this with several places trying to convince me it was safe to host in FL when some hurricane will wipe those DC's and the fiber that connects it off the map! No.

They also don't look too reliable, safe or secure.

IHaveADarkPassenger said:
    You need a VPS, you aren't going to get everything you are asking without >it..period.

In the near term future, that will be my plan, but IMMEDIATE NOW NOW this needs to be replaced.

I've lost enough time over a project that was started when this issue arose. Till then the host was great... Issues happen..

MSPNick said:

I am open to customisable offers, thats £4.60 + £15/mo for a cPanel license.

See what you like, if you need a WHMCS license + £10 also..

Thanks for the info, but "Shared hosting and Reseller accoutns
    United Kingdom, Milton Keynes."

Thanks, but this must be located in the US. Thanks.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2017

If you need NOW NOW NOW then you can choose just about any reputable host, even in earthquake area, since you state you are planning to move to a VPS anyway and you would be only hosting short term with the earthquake host. I imagine you want to switch to self hosted asap

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • Sorry, offtopic but what is hurricane/earthquake states?

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

First off any east coast state can be considered a hurricane state. Earthquakes can happen anywhere. Like one that hit DC area in 2012. Your budget is also not realistic. Too many wants not enough $$.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2017

The OP is already with us, he's just been frustrated with how long it took to get things imported back.

Fact of the matter is the node had a catastrophic failure. There's no other way to describe 2 SSD's on the same side of a RAID10 failing at the same time, along side an OS drive. We assume the PSU went mental and fried something. We legitimately don't know, are pissed off, and simply threw the entire server into the scrap pile at Fiberhub.

Since then a new box was provisioned with all new everything. A bit faster CPU, a fresh install, and a roll back to CentOS 6. Litespeed has gone out of their way to address some of the big crashes they've had with a watch script ( https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php/litespeed_wiki:cpanel:litespeed_watch_killedbycpanel ) and a "big/bug" fix for graceful restarts ( http://litespeedtech.com/products/litespeed-web-server/release-log ). Since both of these things have been in place our own litespeed crashes aren't happening anymore and we couldn't be happier.

The restore took 4x longer than we estimated. What we estimated at around 10 million files to restore was in reality more like 35 ~ 40 million. Since the backups weren't sitting archives but rather a huge rsync folder, the source array (a raid 6) could only copy so many files at once due to IOP limitations.

We've done our best to push any "need this online now" people to the front of the line since there was plenty of people that were perfectly fine waiting a bit or getting reprovisioned, but I can understand if the OP is far too livid to continue with it.

Failures happen, we're still spooked about what went on but all we can do now is hope r1soft plays nicer now that it's back on CentOS 6.

As of yesterday everyone was restored and I've been addressing whatever little bugs cropped up (domains not synced to the cluster, PHP versions incorrect, etc).

Good luck to the OP.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • I suggest you to take a look at serverhub reseller hosting package. They offer 125Gb disk for just $6.95/month. I love their support(mostly managed they helped me troubleshoot individual accounts under my reseller) for the price I'm paying.

Thanked by 1wemanageit
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@wemanageit said:

FULL WHM - this includes TRANSFER SUPPORT/CREATION. I am done with dealing with hosts to upload a file in a GUI to do transfers. Full backups as well.

CPanel

RAID 10

You can try our reseller plan - https://dewlance.com/resellerhosting however we do not provide shell access but we use SSD(No HDD since frequent risk of RAID failure), Hardware RAID 10, Apache/MySQL, Stable and fast speed. Master reseller is also available.

• @Mridul how is the service with HudsonValleyHost in their reseller, do they SSH access and how fast is the server?

• WSSWSS Member

@thekreek said:
    @Mridul how is the service with HudsonValleyHost in their reseller, do they SSH access and how fast is the server?

If you mean bandwidth, you should be fine. If you mean CPU, that depends on what they throttle your vCores at.

• edited April 2017

It seams your looking for a reliable host who keeps your sites running without interruption. You can get that by spending 10 dollars per month at most hosting companies. The other needs can be address after you find a stable home for your clients. Hope this helps.

• LeeLee Veteran

^^ Oh FFS, he is back...

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • I'm happy that I have moved from buyshared week ago, now I have my own server, own setup on hetzner

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Thanks to those who replied... I am reviewing those hosts, and my plan(s) for this...

sanvit said:
    Sorry, offtopic but what is hurricane/earthquake states?

FloriDUH... for Hurricanes... Parts of TX and LA.... These are the prime areas... and will loose power and more importantly fibers will be cut, and potentially issues with powering gen set and getting diesel deliveries, gen set breakdown... CA is primed to fall off the map any day now.. so thats a prime Earthquake state and again its an event with fiber cuts, power loss, and power continuation issues in a major event... These states are likely to suffer these problems more than say GA or upstate NY etc..