Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month

iamthepizzaiamthepizza Member
edited April 5 in General

Hi all,

Saw this offer today and apparently, it hasn't been posted here yet, so here it is, if you weren't aware of it already. They are doing a pretty good deal on a dedicated server in the (presumably) online.net datacentre in Paris.

Bandwidth: Unltd @ 1Gbps IP: 1 HDD: 2x 1000GB HW RAID RAM: 4GB CPU: Intel Core i3-530 2.93 GHz + IPMI Country: Paris - FR

Order link is here

Comments

• reetwoodreetwood Member

wish this was in north america

• rm_rm_ Member
    edited April 4

Apparently they can request this:

Your payment was made with a Credit Card.
    Take a picture of yourself holding a valid photo ID. (ex. Driving License, Passport)
    In addition to the photo ID, please also provide a picture of yourself holding the same Credit Card used to pay the invoice.

Dunno if for all new users with a credit card, or from suspicious countries only.

Better just pay your order with Paypal (which IIRC they also support) to avoid such hassle.

Thanked by 2asf williclarkam
  • rm_ said: Better just pay your order with Paypal

Thanks for the heads-up.

Indeed, with PayPal, they just ask you to click on a link sent to your verified PayPal address.

• jenkkijenkki Member

rm_ said: Apparently they can request this:

Your payment was made with a Credit Card.
    Take a picture of yourself holding a valid photo ID. (ex. Driving License, Passport)
    In addition to the photo ID, please also provide a picture of yourself holding the same Credit Card used to pay the invoice.

This way used by OVH.. Even if purchase $1 domain.

Oneprovider not asking for ID and other paperwork as well know.

• @M_Ordinateur Indeed, with PayPal, they just ask you to click on a link sent to your verified PayPal address.

Confirmed. Paypal payment is faster. Not the delivery. But for the delivery its not a problem (im not in a hurry).

Dear *****

We would like to thank you for your recent collaboration in our fraud prevention program. We are happy to confirm that the process is successfully completed and that your payment method has now been verified. This means that your order(s) have now entered the delivery queue, and will be delivered within 3 business days from reception of this message. Additionally, you now have complete access to the panel and all future invoices paid with this payment method will be automatically approved.

Welcome to OneProvider! OneProvider – Worldwide Hosting Service

If at first you don't succeed, call it v1.0! OpenLitespeed, Litespeed and Nginx

• rm_rm_ Member
    edited April 4

jenkki said: Oneprovider not asking for ID and other paperwork as well know.

They just did, for a friend of mine ordering this special.

@iamthepizza for your initial question, on this plan the "guaranteed bandwidth" is 250 Mbps https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/old/server-dedibox-dc-dell
    In Online.net terms it means nobody will bother you if you average less than that.

• HarambeHarambe Member

@rm_ said: Better just pay your order with Paypal (which IIRC they also support) to avoid such hassle.

Cheers. Yeah, just had to confirm via email.

$10.69 USD/mo. Will give it a shot for a month and see how it is, hopefully good replacement for my kidechires that were cancelled.

Cheap, Dedicated CPU, Unmetered KVM for $3.50/mo - US (Vegas, NYC) & EU (Luxembourg)
    (yes that's an affiliate link)

• NekkiNekki Member

Ok, I'll bite. Might even be able to replace a couple of dedis with this if it's decent.

'Nekki can not stand behind the penis' - Shc on Hostloc

• kingjjkingjj Member

Why do I come to this site everyday? I just bought one of these deals. I didn't really need it but I guess it can replace my EOL Online.net SC. Verification was just the PayPal email confirmation as above.

Thanked by 2netomx deadbeef
  • cpu can handle one plex stream? @nekki any idea?

Hi!

• NekkiNekki Member

@tridinebandim said: cpu can handle one plex stream? @nekki any idea?

Based on Plex own recommendations, you should be good for a single 1080p transcoded stream with that CPU.

'Nekki can not stand behind the penis' - Shc on Hostloc

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • theyetitheyeti Member

@kingjj said: Why do I come to this site everyday? I just bought one of these deals. I didn't really need it but I guess it can replace my EOL Online.net SC. Verification was just the PayPal email confirmation as above.

pretty much this, hopefully it's good that way it can replace the special ks2 i have for 7.99euro

Thanked by 1kingjj
  • thagoatthagoat Member

Just ordered one. Damn it!

Covfefe: Ask your senators and congressmen to impeach today!

• they want a picture while you holding the credit card, any idea how will i hold my virtual credit card?

Hi!

• Thanks @iamthepizza good for a seedbox...

• HarambeHarambe Member

@Nekki said:

@tridinebandim said: cpu can handle one plex stream? @nekki any idea?

Based on Plex own recommendations, you should be good for a single 1080p transcoded stream with that CPU.

If you're not doing video transcodes, then I'd say 2-4 streams with direct stream/audio transcodes without too much of an issue (as long as they're staggered). Direct play would be more, basically just capped by ram + network at that point.

I had a Kimsufi i3 for Plex way back and that worked great for 2+ years, would just choke when my less tech-savvy friends didn't tweak their settings to do direct play always and would inevitably do transcodes from 3Mbps 720p to 1Mbps 720p or 480p kind of thing.

Cheap, Dedicated CPU, Unmetered KVM for $3.50/mo - US (Vegas, NYC) & EU (Luxembourg)

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited April 4

Wow that is quite a deal with two 1TB drives. Ordered one as well, I wonder why online doesn't sell this directly if it is from them.

Edit: Strange, I got the fraud prevention thing too with paypal, even though I have an account that previously had servers with them. Must be a new blanket policy for everyone.

Will shill for Pop-Tarts(must be strawberry flavour).

• RizRiz Member

Any idea what the delivery time is usually like for OP? I saw mention of three days, but haven't heard of any experiences thus far.

• @kingjj said: I didn't really need it but

lets just add this phrase to the header here

Contractually bound by a verbal non-disclosure agreement

• rm_rm_ Member

Setsura said: Edit: Strange, I got the fraud prevention thing too with paypal, even though I have an account that previously had servers with them. Must be a new blanket policy for everyone.

Do they want you to take a picture while holding your Paypal?

Thanked by 2tridinebandim tux
  • kingjjkingjj Member
    edited April 4

Their verification policy seems simple enough:

How does the verification system work? A: The verification system was implemented in order to avoid fraudulent actions or illegal transactions. New customers paying with a credit card or an unverified PayPal account will be required to provide identification. Verified PayPal account will not be required to do this verification. Please note that verification will be required again if you decide to change your payment method.

• SetsuraSetsura Member

@rm_ said:

Setsura said: Edit: Strange, I got the fraud prevention thing too with paypal, even though I have an account that previously had servers with them. Must be a new blanket policy for everyone.

Do they want you to take a picture while holding your Paypal?

Seemingly not. I've never been asked to take a picture while holding an ID/CC or whatever. If I ever was I'd just ask for my money back and tell them to fuck off. I don't think any service provider needs a picture of me with my ID/CC, that is just weird. I'm fine with scanning the CC/ID though for some places.

• sinsin Member

@tridinebandim said: they want a picture while you holding the credit card, any idea how will i hold my virtual credit card?

Get a piece of paper and write "My Credit Card" on it and take pic, perfect!

Just hit up their support and let them know the issue and I'm sure they'll have another way of verifying you (or pay with Paypal if possible).

Get your cheap domains at Namesilo! Use promocode: NEWDOMAIN1 for $1 off your purchase.

Thanked by 2tridinebandim NanoG6
  • maldoviamaldovia Member

@Riz said: Any idea what the delivery time is usually like for OP? I saw mention of three days, but haven't heard of any experiences thus far.

"3 days" doesn't count verification day, and they don't have a problem using their 4 business days.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Member

Ordered one as well. All they asked was I veryify my email. Might be because my paypal was verified though.

Dont'TalkAboutLETClub There is this thing called hoopla.

• rm_rm_ Member

sin said: Get a piece of paper and write "My Credit Card" on it and take pic, perfect!

This is not an X-Files episode though :)

Thanked by 1sin
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Member

rm_ said: sin said: Get a piece of paper and write "My Credit Card" on it and take pic, perfect!

This is not an X-Files episode though :)

That is correct it is the Twilight Zone!!

• layfonlayfon Member

Do they provide IPv6?

• vishvish Member

Fair usage policy removal ($ 105.84)

and from the FAQ:

Even in unmetered locations, using an amount of bandwidth that is deemed “unfair” may >result in your speed to be capped. Please contact support prior to purchasing a server to >obtain a realistic estimate of what may be deemed unfair, as this amount varies between >locations.

buyer beware

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

@vish said:

Fair usage policy removal ($ 105.84)

and from the FAQ:

Even in unmetered locations, using an amount of bandwidth that is deemed “unfair” may >result in your speed to be capped. Please contact support prior to purchasing a server to >obtain a realistic estimate of what may be deemed unfair, as this amount varies between >locations.

buyer beware

Isn't that obvious for a $10 dedicated server that you can't really consume bandwidth for $400 ?

Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

Thanked by 1netomx
  • vishvish Member
    edited April 5

@Clouvider said: Isn't that obvious for a $10 dedicated server that you can't really consume bandwidth for $400 ?

Yup

• AuroraZAuroraZ Member

Not only that @Clouvider if someone was to do that I might be a little pissed. Use your god damned head for something other then a hat rack. A dedi 1Gbps line for $10 seriously? Be mindful of others and I am sure you will have no problems.

• theyetitheyeti Member

would you guys consider ~20TB per month fair usage?

• didtavdidtav Member

if only it has 8GB RAM I will take it all..

I'm not sure 4Gb will be good enough for my need

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Gamma17Gamma17 Member
    edited April 5

Just how much i hate all this obscure "fair share" usage "policies"... The offer is so good that i actually considered buying one too, but... i just cannot make myself buy something with "if we consider your usage unfair we will simply terminate your service" written all over the place without even slightest hint on what they may consider unfair. That just feels wrong no matter how many bandwidth ( or anything else) i am actually planning to use...

Thanked by 2Yura ucxo
  • HarambeHarambe Member

@theyeti said: would you guys consider ~20TB per month fair usage?

Yeah, shouldn't be an issue. The original Online.net product description someone linked showed 250Mbps guaranteed, so you should be fine. I've pushed over 20TB on the Kidechire and with a couple Kimsufi boxes.

• nyxnyx Member

Since this is just a resold online.net dedibox DC DELL I would imagine that the fair usage policy is similar to that of online.net and OneProvider won't bother you unless they get bothered by online.net

Just don't exceed that 250Mbps guaranteed bandwidth too often and you should be fine.

• HarambeHarambe Member

@nyx said:

Just don't exceed that 250Mbps guaranteed bandwidth too often and you should be fine.

Yep, should be the same specs/features as initial offer: https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/old/server-dedibox-dc-dell

• johnnymattjohnnymatt Member
    edited April 5

@Clouvider said: Isn't that obvious for a $10 dedicated server that you can't really consume bandwidth for $400 ?

Are you jealous of this offer? :) Anyway its obvious that for a $10 dedicated server you can't really consume bandwidth for $400. Even chickens knows that. But a projection of 15TB (or more) seems more than legitimate

If at first you don't succeed, call it v1.0! OpenLitespeed, Litespeed and Nginx

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • didtavdidtav Member

@Harambe said:

@nyx said:

Yep, should be the same specs/features as initial offer: https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/old/server-dedibox-dc-dell

what is the original price from online.net?

• HarambeHarambe Member

@didtav said:

what is the original price from online.net?

Just did some googling, from this site it shows 39.99€ when it launched 6 years ago - https://www.freenews.fr/freenews-edition-nationale-299/divers-1/renouvellement-des-offres-online-net-9753

• thagoatthagoat Member

@Setsura said: Must be a new blanket policy for everyone.

Nope. I had a server last year, and had no fraud BS today when I ordered using PayPal.

Covfefe: Ask your senators and congressmen to impeach today!

• Did anyone already got one activated? Can you please share a normal benchmark test?

• @nqservices said: Did anyone already got one activated? Can you please share a normal benchmark test?

+1

• akhfaakhfa Member

Why don't you all post disk age? There are many power on hours posts in kimsufi thread

• HarambeHarambe Member

@akhfa said: Why don't you all post disk age? There are many power on hours posts in kimsufi thread

Because no one has their machines yet. Jeez.

Thanked by 2johnnymatt rm_
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Member
    edited April 5

Why don't we all get them before people start asking for shit. It takes about 3 days for them to be delivered for the love of all that is holy.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • SetsuraSetsura Member

Wow no 2 minute delivery? What a scam. Time to open a paypal dispute.

Thanked by 3johnnymatt netomx tux
  • crjscrjs Member
    edited April 5

@Setsura said: Wow no 2 minute delivery? What a scam. Time to open a paypal dispute.

Asians be like...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Member

Setsura said: Wow no 2 minute delivery? What a scam. Time to open a paypal dispute.

I know man such scam going on, I can hardly believe it.

FFS have some damned patience people. It is a good deal and sometimes you have to wait a bit for them. Not meant at Setsura lol.