Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month

iamthepizzaiamthepizza Member
edited April 2017 in General

Hi all,

Saw this offer today and apparently, it hasn't been posted here yet, so here it is, if you weren't aware of it already. They are doing a pretty good deal on a dedicated server in the (presumably) online.net datacentre in Paris.

Bandwidth: Unltd @ 1Gbps
IP: 1
HDD: 2x 1000GB HW RAID
RAM: 4GB
CPU: Intel Core i3-530 2.93 GHz + IPMI

Order link is here

Comments

• wish this was in north america

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2017

Apparently they can request this:

Your payment was made with a Credit Card.

Take a picture of yourself holding a valid photo ID. (ex. Driving License, Passport)
    In addition to the photo ID, please also provide a picture of yourself holding the same Credit Card used to pay the invoice.

Dunno if for all new users with a credit card, or from suspicious countries only.

Better just pay your order with Paypal (which IIRC they also support) to avoid such hassle.

Thanked by 2asf williclarkam
  • rm_ said: Better just pay your order with Paypal

Thanks for the heads-up.

Indeed, with PayPal, they just ask you to click on a link sent to your verified PayPal address.

• rm_ said: Apparently they can request this:

Your payment was made with a Credit Card.
    Take a picture of yourself holding a valid photo ID. (ex. Driving License, Passport)
    In addition to the photo ID, please also provide a picture of yourself holding the same Credit Card used to pay the invoice.

This way used by OVH.. Even if purchase $1 domain.

Oneprovider not asking for ID and other paperwork as well know.

• @M_Ordinateur Indeed, with PayPal, they just ask you to click on a link sent to your verified PayPal address.

Confirmed. Paypal payment is faster. Not the delivery. But for the delivery its not a problem (im not in a hurry).

Dear *****

We would like to thank you for your recent collaboration in our fraud prevention program. We are happy to confirm that the process is successfully completed and that your payment method has now been verified.
    This means that your order(s) have now entered the delivery queue, and will be delivered within 3 business days from reception of this message. Additionally, you now have complete access to the panel and all future invoices paid with this payment method will be automatically approved.

Welcome to OneProvider!
    OneProvider – Worldwide Hosting Service

edited April 2017

jenkki said: Oneprovider not asking for ID and other paperwork as well know.

They just did, for a friend of mine ordering this special.

@iamthepizza for your initial question, on this plan the "guaranteed bandwidth" is 250 Mbps https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/old/server-dedibox-dc-dell
    In Online.net terms it means nobody will bother you if you average less than that.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@rm_ said:
    Better just pay your order with Paypal (which IIRC they also support) to avoid such hassle.

Cheers. Yeah, just had to confirm via email.

$10.69 USD/mo. Will give it a shot for a month and see how it is, hopefully good replacement for my kidechires that were cancelled.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Ok, I'll bite. Might even be able to replace a couple of dedis with this if it's decent.

• Why do I come to this site everyday? I just bought one of these deals. I didn't really need it but I guess it can replace my EOL Online.net SC. Verification was just the PayPal email confirmation as above.

Thanked by 2netomx deadbeef
  • cpu can handle one plex stream? @nekki any idea?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@tridinebandim said:
    cpu can handle one plex stream? @nekki any idea?

Based on Plex own recommendations, you should be good for a single 1080p transcoded stream with that CPU.

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • @kingjj said:
    Why do I come to this site everyday? I just bought one of these deals. I didn't really need it but I guess it can replace my EOL Online.net SC. Verification was just the PayPal email confirmation as above.

pretty much this, hopefully it's good that way it can replace the special ks2 i have for 7.99euro

Thanked by 1kingjj
  • Just ordered one. Damn it!

• they want a picture while you holding the credit card, any idea how will i hold my virtual credit card?

• Thanks @iamthepizza good for a seedbox...

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

@tridinebandim said:
    cpu can handle one plex stream? @nekki any idea?

Based on Plex own recommendations, you should be good for a single 1080p transcoded stream with that CPU.

If you're not doing video transcodes, then I'd say 2-4 streams with direct stream/audio transcodes without too much of an issue (as long as they're staggered). Direct play would be more, basically just capped by ram + network at that point.

I had a Kimsufi i3 for Plex way back and that worked great for 2+ years, would just choke when my less tech-savvy friends didn't tweak their settings to do direct play always and would inevitably do transcodes from 3Mbps 720p to 1Mbps 720p or 480p kind of thing.

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited April 2017

Wow that is quite a deal with two 1TB drives. Ordered one as well, I wonder why online doesn't sell this directly if it is from them.

Edit: Strange, I got the fraud prevention thing too with paypal, even though I have an account that previously had servers with them. Must be a new blanket policy for everyone.

• RizRiz Member

Any idea what the delivery time is usually like for OP? I saw mention of three days, but haven't heard of any experiences thus far.

• @kingjj said:
    I didn't really need it but

lets just add this phrase to the header here

Setsura said: Edit: Strange, I got the fraud prevention thing too with paypal, even though I have an account that previously had servers with them. Must be a new blanket policy for everyone.

Do they want you to take a picture while holding your Paypal?

Thanked by 2tridinebandim tux
  • kingjjkingjj Member
    edited April 2017

Their verification policy seems simple enough:

How does the verification system work?
    A: The verification system was implemented in order to avoid fraudulent actions or illegal transactions. New customers paying with a credit card or an unverified PayPal account will be required to provide identification. Verified PayPal account will not be required to do this verification. Please note that verification will be required again if you decide to change your payment method.

• @rm_ said:

Setsura said: Edit: Strange, I got the fraud prevention thing too with paypal, even though I have an account that previously had servers with them. Must be a new blanket policy for everyone.

Do they want you to take a picture while holding your Paypal?

Seemingly not. I've never been asked to take a picture while holding an ID/CC or whatever. If I ever was I'd just ask for my money back and tell them to fuck off. I don't think any service provider needs a picture of me with my ID/CC, that is just weird. I'm fine with scanning the CC/ID though for some places.

• sinsin Member

@tridinebandim said:
    they want a picture while you holding the credit card, any idea how will i hold my virtual credit card?

Get a piece of paper and write "My Credit Card" on it and take pic, perfect!

Just hit up their support and let them know the issue and I'm sure they'll have another way of verifying you (or pay with Paypal if possible).

Thanked by 2tridinebandim NanoG6
  • @Riz said:
    Any idea what the delivery time is usually like for OP? I saw mention of three days, but haven't heard of any experiences thus far.

"3 days" doesn't count verification day, and they don't have a problem using their 4 business days.

• Ordered one as well. All they asked was I veryify my email. Might be because my paypal was verified though.

sin said: Get a piece of paper and write "My Credit Card" on it and take pic, perfect!

This is not an X-Files episode though :)

Thanked by 1sin
  • rm_ said: sin said: Get a piece of paper and write "My Credit Card" on it and take pic, perfect!

This is not an X-Files episode though :)

That is correct it is the Twilight Zone!!

• Do they provide IPv6?

• vishvish Member

Fair usage policy removal ($ 105.84)

and from the FAQ:

Even in unmetered locations, using an amount of bandwidth that is deemed “unfair” may >result in your speed to be capped. Please contact support prior to purchasing a server to >obtain a realistic estimate of what may be deemed unfair, as this amount varies between >locations.

buyer beware

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@vish said:

Fair usage policy removal ($ 105.84)

and from the FAQ:

Even in unmetered locations, using an amount of bandwidth that is deemed “unfair” may >result in your speed to be capped. Please contact support prior to purchasing a server to >obtain a realistic estimate of what may be deemed unfair, as this amount varies between >locations.

buyer beware

Isn't that obvious for a $10 dedicated server that you can't really consume bandwidth for $400 ?

Thanked by 1netomx