Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net kidechire EOL
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net kidechire EOL

Just received:

Hello,
Your Dedibox kidéchire reaches end of life.

>

Starting on 29/03/2017, a Dedibox SC 2016 will automatically be provisioned on your account to replace your old server.

>

We will cancel and decommission your current server on 01/05/2017 which will allow you to smoothly migrate your server.

>

The SC 2016 offers incredible performances for only €8.99 /month:
CPU Intel C2350 2 C / 2T
4 GB DDR3
1TB SATA
1Gbit/s internet bandwidth

>
>

Of course, we will waive the setup fee for the Dedibox SC 2016 provisionning.

>

If you want to keep enjoying high performance servers under €3 per month, we encourage you to contact our assistance to migrate your server on Scaleway, our cloud computing platform.

>

If you want to upgrade to another offer, please contact our assistance.

L'équipe d'assistance d'Online
>

Need help? Call us now

>

24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Comments

• YuraYura Member

I blame Intel.

• Automatically charging you more if you don't cancel?

• Dedibox SC SATA 2016 Waiting delivery

nice, I don't want it

• tr1cky said: Automatically charging you more if you don't cancel?

Well, not sure.

• mov3mov3 Member

I got the email too.

• theqkash said: Intel C2350

I.e. the ones that were found out to die and refuse to boot after a year or two?

• Delivered, I hope that I won't pay anything for it. Need to contact them to resolve this issue.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I didn't get such email, at least not yet...
    Damn, I just reinstalled it yesterday, ffs, just my luck.

• mov3mov3 Member

Will online.net charge me €8.99 next month?

• blackblack Member

mov3 said: Will online.net charge me €8.99 next month?

I believe so. They said if you want a cheaper option go with scaleway.

• mov3 said: Will online.net charge me €8.99 next month?

They will, but this is funny.

• mov3mov3 Member
    edited March 2017

@theqkash said:

mov3 said: Will online.net charge me €8.99 next month?

They will, but this is funny.

I opened the ticket to ask online.net.
  • Serendipity, I just cancelled my last kidechire box this month, it had clearly developed hardware issues recently after years of reliability, crashing frequently with no kernel dumps to show for it. I kind of felt bad to let it go, but not now.

I had another kidechire fail last year, failing disk that time, and was offered the XC2015 (8 cores not 2, more memory) for €10.99. So if anyone is tempted by this 'upgrade' it might be worth asking the question, as this isn't even a discounted offer on the replacement SC system, other than the setup.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Hereby is their reply:

Online - Benedikt
    Hello,

The Dedibox SC platform on which your server is based has reached its end of life and we have to replace these servers during the next months as there are no more spare parts for it.

We will offer you to migrate to a new Dedibox SC 2016 which offers increased performances for a price of 8.99 Euro per month.
    If you don't want to use this server you can easily terminate it from your account.

Regards,

Benedikt R.

• When does the €8.99 billing kick in? 01/05/2017?

E.g. Is April free in order to allow you to migrate over?

• mov3mov3 Member
    edited March 2017

The online.net answered me they charge me €8.99 next month even i cancel new server now.
    Fuxk

mov3 said: The online.net answered me they charge me €8.99 next month even i cancel new server now.

Fuxk

That is illegal and they know it, let the chargebacks flow.

Thanked by 3vimalware Pwner tux
  • Saw that coming and replaced all my kidechires with an E3 from the last online's sale.

• sinsin Member

The fuck? I just got that email too and along with the email saying the server was already provisioned. So I get charged for it even if I cancel now?

• edufeduf Member
    edited March 2017

Dedibox kidéchire (sd-1234) Terminated 2014-08-25 2017-05-01 €1.99
    Dedibox SC SATA 2016 (sd-171) Terminated 2017-05-01 2017-05-01 €8.99

• sin said: The fuck? I just got that email too and along with the email saying the server was already provisioned. So I get charged for it even if I cancel now?

Well, easy like that.

sin said: So I get charged for it even if I cancel now?

It looks like it, but if they do charge, you can charge back.

• mov3mov3 Member
    edited March 2017

@sin said:
    The fuck? I just got that email too and along with the email saying the server was already provisioned. So I get charged for it even if I cancel now?

They answered me they will charge €8.99 next month.
  • blackblack Member

This is the response I got

Yes, your server will be alive until the end of April.
    You won't be billed before May 1st for the new server.
    So if you terminate it you won't be billed for it. 

So you have a free Dedibox SC until April 20th (because that's when they'll bill you for next month).

Thanked by 2sin vimalware
  • black said: So you have a free Dedibox SC until April 20th (because that's when they'll bill you for next month).

Well, I've got totally different answer. They probably still doesn't know what to do with this issue.

• mov3mov3 Member

@black said:

> 
    > Yes, your server will be alive until the end of April.
    > You won't be billed before May 1st for the new server.
    > So if you terminate it you won't be billed for it. 
    > 
    > 

So you have a free Dedibox SC until April 20th (because that's when they'll bill you for next month).

Why the answered me they will charge me next month?

black said: So you have a free Dedibox SC until April 20th (because that's when they'll bill you for next month).

mov3 said: The online.net answered me they charge me €8.99 next month even i cancel new server now.

Good, so they did not make up their mind yet :P

Nah, maybe their lawyer called and told them there is absolutely 0 chance to get away with the charges other than the customer not noticing for a very long time or not caring which is unlikely for people with such products.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @black said:

> 
    > Yes, your server will be alive until the end of April.
    > You won't be billed before May 1st for the new server.
    > So if you terminate it you won't be billed for it. 
    > 
    > 

Such a relief. LOL

• blackblack Member

mov3 said: Why the answered me they will charge me next month?

They will charge you next month April 21st for service in May if you wish to keep the new server. If you cancel before the April 20th, then you won't be charged. This is what I understand. If you recall when you actually paid for your server, it was prorated billing. So if you ordered on the 15th of the month, you'd pay half for that month then the next bill you pay for the full month. Since online.net didn't generate an invoice, it makes sense that for this month (today to April) it's been paid for. However, if you do not wish to pay for May, you need to cancel before April 20th.

• sinsin Member
    edited March 2017

black said: So you have a free Dedibox SC until April 20th (because that's when they'll bill you for next month).

Well that's at least good because they provisioned it to my account without me asking for it. I'm not entirely sure I will keep it as I already purchased a new dedi from another provider just the other day.

and speaking of canceling...how come their cancel option always gives out an "error" message and you're forced to open a ticket about it? I had to do that on my last 2 servers from them months apart.