Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    Top Provider Poll Results Q4 2016
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    Top Provider Poll Results Q4 2016

    trewqtrewq Administrator, Provider

    Hey everyone!

    Here are the results for the most recent poll:

    Top 10 providers:

    1. OVH (49 votes)
    2. BuyVM (45 votes)
    3. Virmach (40 votes)
    4. Inception Hosting (36 votes)
    5. Ramnode (34 votes)
    6. HostUS (28 votes)
    7. Online (22 votes)
    8. VortexNode (20 votes)
    9. i-83 (15 votes)
    10. Subnet Labs (12 votes)

    Full counts can be viewed at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ez5uye-wTQstn4VG0T6OVuOiq4Yt4FlOFlDxbh1ojVk/edit?usp=sharing

    Prize winners will be announced imminently.

    «13

    Comments

    • ehabehab Member

      wow, nice to know who will be in the buy list this year :)
      thanks trewq

      • do not prepay > 1 year and check for reviews/support
      • only use monthly from a provider operating < 1 year 🍆
    • @ehab

      ...and if I won something too :)

      wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

      curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

    • Good job OVH contributed to the prize pot as well.. oh, wait :)

      Well organised as always @trewq !

      VortexNode.com
      Affordable & Reliable Hosting - Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Servers

    • imokimok Member

      OVH already gave the prizes

    • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

      Nice one, thanks to everyone that voted (he says while shaking his head at OVH being number 1 here, of all places...).

      Who won the best newcommer then? I seem to remember there being an extra vote option for that?

    • congrats to all provider!

      where Best new provider poll results?

    • WSSWSS Member

      Congrats to all the weenors and winners alike!

      It does seem a little lopsided to allow hosts who aren't a party to our community to the afterparty.. like inviting Kanye West to any social event.

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • Domin43Domin43 Member
      edited March 2017

      Good good. Time to try a few new providers. I've been pleasantly surprised by buyvm, their slice range is fantastic.

      Thanked by 1Francisco
    • fanfan Member

      Congrats to the winners, please someone beat OVH next time. xD

    • Congrats everyone!

      It'd be nice to see someone beat OVH next time, though personally I think the vote should be limited to members of the community (and maybe a separate vote for those who aren't?).

    • @rocket said:
      Congrats everyone!

      It'd be nice to see someone beat OVH next time, though personally I think the vote should be limited to members of the community (and maybe a separate vote for those who aren't?).

      Agree with this, to be honest I feel dissapointed having OVH on the first place.

    • trewqtrewq Administrator, Provider
      edited March 2017

      @AnthonySmith said:
      Who won the best newcommer then? I seem to remember there being an extra vote option for that?

      I'm going to admit I was more interested in getting these results out than worrying about the new provider vote. I'll tally them up tonight and update the post. The prize winners will be announced at the same time.

      Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
    • Better than pool is checking where for example .NET domains are hosted. It's only 15 millions :) Anyway, better that checking over 130 millions .COM's. And I can tell you who is the winner. Real winner.

    • AmitzAmitz Member
      edited March 2017

      @mrmoor said:
      Better than pool is checking where for example .NET domains are hosted. It's only 15 millions :) Anyway, better that checking over 130 millions .COM's. And I can tell you who is the winner. Real winner.

      Party Pooper. Go home.

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
      Donald John Trump, Flat-Earther and White Supremacist, 2018

    • @Amitz Don't worry. Play that much as you like. For sure results will be very poor, I don't see in sheet players such GoDaddy, BlueHosting and many others which have a big piece in hosting cake. Whether it was deliberate?

    • NekkiNekki Member

      mrmoor said: Don't worry. Play that much as you like. For sure results will be very poor, I don't see in sheet players such GoDaddy, BlueHosting and many others which have a big piece in hosting cake. Whether it was deliberate?

      Of course it was deliberate you daft cunt, do you not know where you are?

      Thanked by 2Amitz Hxxx
    • FalzoFalzo Member

      @mrmoor said:
      @Amitz Don't worry. Play that much as you like. For sure results will be very poor, I don't see in sheet players such GoDaddy, BlueHosting and many others which have a big piece in hosting cake. Whether it was deliberate?

      It's not about who's biggest or has the best marketing you moron.

      Thanked by 1Amitz

      most recommended Provider: First-Root KVM Power-Edition /w SSD
      UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

    • WSSWSS Member

      I still get the shivers and my nipples get hard when some newb gets schooled by @Nekki.

      Thanked by 3Nekki vimalware Darwin

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • AmitzAmitz Member

      @mrmoor said:
      @Amitz Don't worry. Play that much as you like. For sure results will be very poor, I don't see in sheet players such GoDaddy, BlueHosting and many others which have a big piece in hosting cake. Whether it was deliberate?

      You don't get it. Why did you register here?

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
      Donald John Trump, Flat-Earther and White Supremacist, 2018

    • NekkiNekki Member

      Amitz said: Why did you register here?

      Big man here to teach LET's idiots about real hosting?

    • WSSWSS Member
      edited March 2017

      This is my one (and only) experience with GD hosting:

      That's why.

      Thanked by 1saf31

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • AmitzAmitz Member

      @Nekki said:
      Big man here to teach LET's idiots about real hosting?

      We are the best idiots around. Nobody can teach us.

      Thanked by 3Falzo yomero vimalware

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
      Donald John Trump, Flat-Earther and White Supremacist, 2018

    • WSSWSS Member

      @Amitz said:
      We are the best idiots around. Nobody can teach us.

      Speak for yourself! I've been told I'm still trainable!

      Thanked by 1Amitz

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • AmitzAmitz Member

      @WSS: I would say that you do just fine in the meantime. Welcome to the circle!

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
      Donald John Trump, Flat-Earther and White Supremacist, 2018

    • WSSWSS Member

      @Amitz said:
      @WSS: I would say that you do just fine in the meantime. Welcome to the circle!

      Yay! I shall take my shilling moderating duties seriously at all times. Thanks for the invitation to foray!

      Thanked by 1Amitz

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • @Amitz Just tell me please. Is it forbidden on LET have a different opinion or/and point of view that mod/admins/members ? Are you racist ? Also I don't see any rules of this pool, but as first I see that some big players are included and some not. For sure also You didn't know all marketing tricks which hosting providers use and in which scale. So, with this kind of tactic, results must be poor. But anyway you can play as you like. I know exactly numbers, so I don't care about such pools.

      Why I am register here ? Just I making a deal with one of LET providers.

    • AmitzAmitz Member
      edited March 2017

      Thou shalt not question the holy LET top provider poll. It's an institution. It's legendary. It's the fucking LET top provider poll. We love it. We love it like that. We don't want to change it. It's great.

      And play the racist card just once again and I will kick your ass, no matter what color or nationality it has. I am no racist. I just don't like people in general. Especially party poopers like you.

      Thanked by 3alown switsys doghouch

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
      Donald John Trump, Flat-Earther and White Supremacist, 2018

    • WSSWSS Member

      Since when is asking "Are you fucking stupid?" racial? I guess I'm racist too- because I think you're rather annoying.

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • AmitzAmitz Member

      Have to quit this thread now. Wifey just sent me this via iMessage from bedroom to my room:

      ...and she is right. ;-)

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
      Donald John Trump, Flat-Earther and White Supremacist, 2018

    • @WSS said:
      This is my one (and only) experience with GD hosting:

      I don't like GoDaddy, especially their poor hosting with over 10.000 sites at single server. but it's not the reason to not include them in pool, if you are fair. Especially that they have more than 40% of domain market. Just I like clear things and simple rules.

    • trewqtrewq Administrator, Provider

      @mrmoor said:

      @WSS said:
      This is my one (and only) experience with GD hosting:

      I don't like GoDaddy, especially their poor hosting with over 10.000 sites at single server. but it's not the reason to not include them in pool, if you are fair. Especially that they have more than 40% of domain market. Just I like clear things and simple rules.

      I don't think you understand how this works. At all.

      Thanked by 2WSS Amitz
    • WSSWSS Member

      Opinion Polls are Racist!

      Reads like an Onion writeup, doesn't it?

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • NekkiNekki Member

      mrmoor said: Are you racist ?

      Leave my @Amitz alone.

      mrmoor said: But anyway you can play as you like. I know exactly numbers, so I don't care about such pools.

      THEN FUCK OFF, YOU CHIPPY LITTLE CUNT.

      Thanked by 2Amitz Hxxx
    • @trewq of course, if no arguments, the best what you can say it's just "I don't think you understand how this works. At all" Great, that you understand :) Just I am not sure that in good way :D

      Also, if I don't like what somebody write, I am not reading it. Just ignore them. That simple. Only small and scared people screaming rude words in public place and attack others only for a reason that they have different opinion or tell some true.

      @Amitz last thing, if you don't like people at all, what are you doing here? It must be like hell. Are you masochist or you are here for punishment? You can go for empty island with your duck.

    • WSSWSS Member

      @Amitz Duckmother.

      Thanked by 4Amitz Falzo doghouch Hxxx

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • jarjar Provider
      edited March 2017

      @mrmoor said:

      @WSS said:
      This is my one (and only) experience with GD hosting:

      I don't like GoDaddy, especially their poor hosting with over 10.000 sites at single server. but it's not the reason to not include them in pool, if you are fair. Especially that they have more than 40% of domain market. Just I like clear things and simple rules.

      Did you submit a vote for one of the providers you claim were excluded? Because if you didn't, you're the only reason they were excluded. Pretty clear and simple.

      Thanked by 1doghouch
    • @jarland Did you bought in shop something what not exists ?

    • NekkiNekki Member

      Calling it - troll level: over 5000

    • @jarland Also, if I am said that some providers were excluded it not meaning that I would like to vote for them. But maybe others would like. That simple.

    • jarjar Provider

      @mrmoor said:
      @jarland Did you bought in shop something what not exists ?

      How does stocking shelves in a store relate? The acceptable providers for the poll were not defined. If a host is not represented, no one voted for them. Have you actually read the poll thread?

    • mrmoormrmoor Member
      edited March 2017

      @jarland Please don't waste time on talk with me. Just take care about pool. It's look like something is missing. That's all. That simple.

    • jarjar Provider

      @mrmoor said:
      @jarland Please don't waste time on talk with me. Just take care about pool. It's look like something is missing. That's all. That simple.

      They're missing because this was about what providers LET members think are best, and absolutely no one here likes GoDaddy. At least not enough to have added them to their list, which was not a predefined selection but free form.

      To be clear: You could have voted Sony as your favorite provider if you wanted. You'd just have been alone at the bottom of the list.

      Thanked by 2Amitz mrmoor
    • WSSWSS Member

      @jarland said:
      To be clear: You could have voted Sony as your favorite provider if you wanted. You'd just have been alone at the bottom of the list.

      This was explained a few times, as I see it. He's trolling @AnthonySmith is another thread.

      Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • AmitzAmitz Member
      edited March 2017

      He's trolling in several threads. You will love his opinion that 2GB RAM are barely enough to host an "about me" site. Ehm. Wifey calls again.

      Thanked by 1Hxxx

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
      Donald John Trump, Flat-Earther and White Supremacist, 2018

    • @jarland You see, how easy been explain it in polite way ? Thank You.

    • and here I thought this thread was going to be the same boring "congrats" messages.. Love it!

      Thanked by 1Falzo
    • @Amitz As I see, you not understand what I wrote. I had in mind dedicated server with 2GB of RAM. That is huge difference than VPS with 2GB or RAM. I am not sure, maybe it's to complicated for you. It's because if somebody decide to buy dedicated server, it mean that they need something more than VPS. Such dedicated SSD or RAM which is more important than CPU speed.

      But I see, that you are just looking for a reason to start fighting, because you feel like a looser in this conversation. Just only idiots fighting, not me. Just bad luck again.

    • jvnadrjvnadr Member
      edited March 2017

      @mrmoor A genuine question: What did you find attractive in this community and felt the need to register and participate? As I see in your comments, you think that the admins and mods are just a bunch of idiots, the posters do not have real clue about hosting, the many dozens of advertised hosters are -in the best- below mediocre and anyone that uses them is rather loser because there are some much bigger names they could trust and vote for.
      So, because it seem that you like the polite way: why don't you bag your belongings and leave this evil dump place asap? This could rescue you from a foolish community and us from have to deal with a moron.

      Thanked by 2vimalware Falzo

      • If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
      • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

    • jvnadr said: @mrmoor A genuine question: What did you find attractive in this community and felt the need to register and participate? As I see in your comments, you think that the admins and mods are just a bunch of idiots, the posters do not have real clue about hosting, the many dozens of advertised hosters are -in the best- below mediocre and anyone that uses them is rather loser because there are some much bigger names they could trust and vote for.

      So, because it seem that you like the polite way: why don't you bag your belongings and leave this evil dump place asap? This could rescue you from a foolish community and us from have to deal with a moron.

      +1 for the most improved English of the people I read.

      Extremist conservative user, I wish to preserve human and civil rights, free speech, freedom of the press and worship, rule of law, democracy, peace and prosperity, social mobility, etc. Now you can draw your guns.

    • @jvnadr As I see, you know better that me, what I think. Great.

      To be clear. I am not fan of big companies, such Amazon, Godaddy and many others. I am using them if there is no other option (ex.Sao Paulo) or if they offer great deal such OVH,Hetzner. For many years I was checked a lot of hosting providers in many locations and hardware configurations, so I am know what I am talking about. We're creating seriously projects, not WP blogs. So if SoftLayer offer dedicated server with 2GB of RAM with corporate target, it's just big fun, especially with their prices. And I am said about. It will be another looser, it's pretty visible at Alexa/SimilarWeb stats, how they loosing customers.

      Also, if you or me would like to do deal, we'll. If not then no. Simple. We're not obligate one to other. You'll find other customers and I'll find other supplier. In these days, it's a bunch of hosting providers and still market grow. So, if you don't like my point of view, no problem. If I not like your, also no problem. Just please remember, there always exists big companies with main focus about services, not about my opinion. And it working great. Until small providers do not understand this simlpe fact, all time will be loosing with big corporations.

      For sure I am not make any deal with somebody who talking about others "moron" and many other rude words. They can try to sell own services to same target as they are. That's all. But, at the end, they will be crying, not me. Because I am the customer with bunch of choices.

    This discussion has been closed.