Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Provider Poll Results Q4 2016
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Top Provider Poll Results Q4 2016

trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Hey everyone!

Here are the results for the most recent poll:

Top 10 providers:

1. OVH (49 votes)
  2. BuyVM (45 votes)
  3. Virmach (40 votes)
  4. Inception Hosting (36 votes)
  5. Ramnode (34 votes)
  6. HostUS (28 votes)
  7. Online (22 votes)
  8. VortexNode (20 votes)
  9. i-83 (15 votes)
  10. Subnet Labs (12 votes)

Full counts can be viewed at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ez5uye-wTQstn4VG0T6OVuOiq4Yt4FlOFlDxbh1ojVk/edit?usp=sharing

Prize winners will be announced imminently.

Comments

• ehabehab Member

wow, nice to know who will be in the buy list this year :)
    thanks trewq

• @ehab

...and if I won something too :)

• Good job OVH contributed to the prize pot as well.. oh, wait :)

Well organised as always @trewq !

• imokimok Member

OVH already gave the prizes

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Nice one, thanks to everyone that voted (he says while shaking his head at OVH being number 1 here, of all places...).

Who won the best newcommer then? I seem to remember there being an extra vote option for that?

• congrats to all provider!

where Best new provider poll results?

• WSSWSS Member

Congrats to all the weenors and winners alike!

It does seem a little lopsided to allow hosts who aren't a party to our community to the afterparty.. like inviting Kanye West to any social event.

• Domin43Domin43 Member
    edited March 2017

Good good. Time to try a few new providers. I've been pleasantly surprised by buyvm, their slice range is fantastic.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • fanfan Veteran

Congrats to the winners, please someone beat OVH next time. xD

• Congrats everyone!

It'd be nice to see someone beat OVH next time, though personally I think the vote should be limited to members of the community (and maybe a separate vote for those who aren't?).

• @rocket said:
    Congrats everyone!

It'd be nice to see someone beat OVH next time, though personally I think the vote should be limited to members of the community (and maybe a separate vote for those who aren't?).

Agree with this, to be honest I feel dissapointed having OVH on the first place.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited March 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    Who won the best newcommer then? I seem to remember there being an extra vote option for that?

I'm going to admit I was more interested in getting these results out than worrying about the new provider vote. I'll tally them up tonight and update the post. The prize winners will be announced at the same time.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Better than pool is checking where for example .NET domains are hosted. It's only 15 millions :) Anyway, better that checking over 130 millions .COM's. And I can tell you who is the winner. Real winner.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2017

@mrmoor said:
    Better than pool is checking where for example .NET domains are hosted. It's only 15 millions :) Anyway, better that checking over 130 millions .COM's. And I can tell you who is the winner. Real winner.

Party Pooper. Go home.

• @Amitz Don't worry. Play that much as you like. For sure results will be very poor, I don't see in sheet players such GoDaddy, BlueHosting and many others which have a big piece in hosting cake. Whether it was deliberate?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

mrmoor said: Don't worry. Play that much as you like. For sure results will be very poor, I don't see in sheet players such GoDaddy, BlueHosting and many others which have a big piece in hosting cake. Whether it was deliberate?

Of course it was deliberate you daft cunt, do you not know where you are?

Thanked by 2Amitz Hxxx
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@mrmoor said:
    @Amitz Don't worry. Play that much as you like. For sure results will be very poor, I don't see in sheet players such GoDaddy, BlueHosting and many others which have a big piece in hosting cake. Whether it was deliberate?

It's not about who's biggest or has the best marketing you moron.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • WSSWSS Member

I still get the shivers and my nipples get hard when some newb gets schooled by @Nekki.

Thanked by 3Nekki vimalware Darwin
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@mrmoor said:
    @Amitz Don't worry. Play that much as you like. For sure results will be very poor, I don't see in sheet players such GoDaddy, BlueHosting and many others which have a big piece in hosting cake. Whether it was deliberate?

You don't get it. Why did you register here?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Amitz said: Why did you register here?

Big man here to teach LET's idiots about real hosting?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited March 2017

This is my one (and only) experience with GD hosting:

That's why.

Thanked by 1saf31
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@Nekki said:
    Big man here to teach LET's idiots about real hosting?

We are the best idiots around. Nobody can teach us.

Thanked by 3Falzo yomero vimalware
  • WSSWSS Member

@Amitz said:
    We are the best idiots around. Nobody can teach us.

Speak for yourself! I've been told I'm still trainable!

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@WSS: I would say that you do just fine in the meantime. Welcome to the circle!

• WSSWSS Member

@Amitz said:
    @WSS: I would say that you do just fine in the meantime. Welcome to the circle!

Yay! I shall take my shilling moderating duties seriously at all times. Thanks for the invitation to foray!

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Amitz Just tell me please. Is it forbidden on LET have a different opinion or/and point of view that mod/admins/members ? Are you racist ? Also I don't see any rules of this pool, but as first I see that some big players are included and some not. For sure also You didn't know all marketing tricks which hosting providers use and in which scale. So, with this kind of tactic, results must be poor. But anyway you can play as you like. I know exactly numbers, so I don't care about such pools.

Why I am register here ? Just I making a deal with one of LET providers.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2017

Thou shalt not question the holy LET top provider poll. It's an institution. It's legendary. It's the fucking LET top provider poll. We love it. We love it like that. We don't want to change it. It's great.

And play the racist card just once again and I will kick your ass, no matter what color or nationality it has. I am no racist. I just don't like people in general. Especially party poopers like you.

Thanked by 3alown switsys doghouch
  • WSSWSS Member

Since when is asking "Are you fucking stupid?" racial? I guess I'm racist too- because I think you're rather annoying.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Have to quit this thread now. Wifey just sent me this via iMessage from bedroom to my room:

...and she is right. ;-)

• @WSS said:
    This is my one (and only) experience with GD hosting:

I don't like GoDaddy, especially their poor hosting with over 10.000 sites at single server. but it's not the reason to not include them in pool, if you are fair. Especially that they have more than 40% of domain market. Just I like clear things and simple rules.

This discussion has been closed.