Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
RIPE fees /22, Hetzner BGP annoucement?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

RIPE fees /22, Hetzner BGP annoucement?

MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

Howdy,

In all seriousness what are the current fees for RIPE? Seen their fees schedule but Im confused. Say that we want to signup and request a /22 that seems to be possible. How much would it be for the first and coming years?


Separate question, do Hetzner announce our own subnets in their dedicated servers? Or only for the colocation clients?

Cheers

Comments

  • WilliamWilliam Member, Provider
    edited February 2017

    Setup+Yearly as noted on the RIPE site plus VAT if applicable. About 2k setup and 1400 yearly.

    Hetzner does not announce outside of colo (extra fees for BGP) and large scale customers with flexi pack and internal network setup (extra NIC per server). I'm fairly sure you still keep one IP then from them per server and your network is merely "internal".

    Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

    @William said:
    Setup+Yearly as noted on the RIPE site plus VAT if applicable. About 2k setup and 1400 yearly.

    Hetzner does not announce outside of colo (extra fees for BGP) and large scale customers with flexi pack and internal network setup (extra NIC per server). I'm fairly sure you still keep one IP then from them per server and your network is merely "internal".

    Got it. Thank you for your explanation/help William!! :)

    Cheers

  • MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

    Another question. Its not really possible to get a second /22 without registering another company, or purchasing the IPs is it? @William

  • patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

    You can open as many LIRs as you want, even as an individual person.

    RIPE NCC member | IPv4 & IPv6 & ASN: https://www.ipv4.ch/ | 5x /24 available |

  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Member, Provider

    Correct, however you need to pay the yearly fee + the setup fee every time.

    Thanked by 1MikePT

    AlphaVPS - Cheap VPS out of London, UK | Sofia, BG | Nuremberg, DE | NYC, US and LA, US. Cheap Dedicated servers with fast delivery!

  • WilliamWilliam Member, Provider
    edited February 2017

    MikePT said: Another question. Its not really possible to get a second /22 without registering another company, or purchasing the IPs is it? @William

    You need to pay another full LIR account (setup and yearly) but "manage" the resources in the same then, the merger policies are currently being changed by various parties (outcome not sure yet) so don't count on ever being able to not pay yearly recur. at full RIPE cost for each /22.

    Vote is in some time, always so much work to send passport for each single LIR to RIPE, brrr

    Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

    @patrick7 said:
    You can open as many LIRs as you want, even as an individual person.
    @AlexBarakov said:
    Correct, however you need to pay the yearly fee + the setup fee every time.
    @William said:

    MikePT said: Another question. Its not really possible to get a second /22 without registering another company, or purchasing the IPs is it? @William

    You need to pay another full LIR account (setup and yearly) but "manage" the resources in the same then, the merger policies are currently being changed by various parties (outcome not sure yet) so don't count on ever being able to not pay yearly recur. at full RIPE cost for each /22.

    Vote is in some time, always so much work to send passport for each single LIR to RIPE, brrr

    Thanks folks. I thought it was barely impossible to get additional /22s as I thought that I had to open multiple companies.

    Cheers!

    /close

  • patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

    Unfortunately it's all about the money...

    RIPE NCC member | IPv4 & IPv6 & ASN: https://www.ipv4.ch/ | 5x /24 available |

  • WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

    patrick7 said: Unfortunately it's all about the money...

    The point is the same as many did argue before (and which is why i voted as i voted), it makes no difference - a UK LTD costs with VAT ID still not more than 200EUR, less than the VAT paid and one without VAT ID runs you 50EUR or less with no paperwork... there is the new registry for PSC but what does it help to know owner/control organs behind it?

    Declining this applications solely on this reasons sets very dangerous things as standard, aside of zero/near zero ability to actually verify company existence in various countries in and outside the RIPE region.

Sign In or Register to comment.