Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RIPE fees /22, Hetzner BGP annoucement?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RIPE fees /22, Hetzner BGP annoucement?

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Howdy,

In all seriousness what are the current fees for RIPE? Seen their fees schedule but Im confused. Say that we want to signup and request a /22 that seems to be possible. How much would it be for the first and coming years?

Separate question, do Hetzner announce our own subnets in their dedicated servers? Or only for the colocation clients?

Cheers

Comments

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited February 2017

Setup+Yearly as noted on the RIPE site plus VAT if applicable. About 2k setup and 1400 yearly.

Hetzner does not announce outside of colo (extra fees for BGP) and large scale customers with flexi pack and internal network setup (extra NIC per server). I'm fairly sure you still keep one IP then from them per server and your network is merely "internal".

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@William said:
    Setup+Yearly as noted on the RIPE site plus VAT if applicable. About 2k setup and 1400 yearly.

Hetzner does not announce outside of colo (extra fees for BGP) and large scale customers with flexi pack and internal network setup (extra NIC per server). I'm fairly sure you still keep one IP then from them per server and your network is merely "internal".

Got it. Thank you for your explanation/help William!! :)

Cheers

Another question. Its not really possible to get a second /22 without registering another company, or purchasing the IPs is it? @William

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

You can open as many LIRs as you want, even as an individual person.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Correct, however you need to pay the yearly fee + the setup fee every time.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited February 2017

MikePT said: Another question. Its not really possible to get a second /22 without registering another company, or purchasing the IPs is it? @William

You need to pay another full LIR account (setup and yearly) but "manage" the resources in the same then, the merger policies are currently being changed by various parties (outcome not sure yet) so don't count on ever being able to not pay yearly recur. at full RIPE cost for each /22.

Vote is in some time, always so much work to send passport for each single LIR to RIPE, brrr

Thanked by 1MikePT

@patrick7 said:
    You can open as many LIRs as you want, even as an individual person.
    @AlexBarakov said:
    Correct, however you need to pay the yearly fee + the setup fee every time.
    @William said:

MikePT said: Another question. Its not really possible to get a second /22 without registering another company, or purchasing the IPs is it? @William

You need to pay another full LIR account (setup and yearly) but "manage" the resources in the same then, the merger policies are currently being changed by various parties (outcome not sure yet) so don't count on ever being able to not pay yearly recur. at full RIPE cost for each /22.

Vote is in some time, always so much work to send passport for each single LIR to RIPE, brrr

Thanks folks. I thought it was barely impossible to get additional /22s as I thought that I had to open multiple companies.

Cheers!

/close

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

Unfortunately it's all about the money...

• patrick7 said: Unfortunately it's all about the money...

The point is the same as many did argue before (and which is why i voted as i voted), it makes no difference - a UK LTD costs with VAT ID still not more than 200EUR, less than the VAT paid and one without VAT ID runs you 50EUR or less with no paperwork... there is the new registry for PSC but what does it help to know owner/control organs behind it?

Declining this applications solely on this reasons sets very dangerous things as standard, aside of zero/near zero ability to actually verify company existence in various countries in and outside the RIPE region.