Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

https://www.cloudshards.com/ DOWN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

https://www.cloudshards.com/ DOWN

https://www.cloudshards.com/ Down
All my VPS Down too long time more than 50 hrs

Comments

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited February 2017

Too bad you did not read your email when they told everybody that they are closing down...hope you have backups like every smart persons have

• 31st January, 2017 ??

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@CarSents said:
    31st January, 2017 ??

"While we will make reasonable efforts to keep our systems online past this "

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

They are gone, never ever coming back, refer to this for further information: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2039178/

They emailed everyone 3 times, and made social media posts about it and put the info in their client area.

There is no way you should have missed this unless you were deliberately avoiding it.

If you used an email address for a hosting product that you do not monitor then that is on you.

Your data is gone, it will never come back.

/thread.

Thanked by 2Hxxx raindog308
  • I dont understand in english
    mean all my data lost and there are not online again ?

• @CarSents said:
    I dont understand in english

Yes

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@CarSents said:

Yes

• @CarSents said:
    all my data lost and there are not online again ?

That's correct

• @CarSents said:

Yes

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @CarSents said:

Thats why you don't use a fake email address for your hosting.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2017

CarSents said: I dont understand in english mean all my data lost and there are not online again ?

if you cannot understand english, why did you igned up with a provider that communicates with his clients in English? Couldn't you see that you couldn't understand any notices/updates/alerts from him?
    Unmanaged VPS service means that you have to maintain the server yourself. Keep in track provider's notices, sign in to your client's account frequently, keeping backups etc.

-sigh-

P.S. They said that users should move their data until the end of January. They gave plenty of time to them, shutting the services down on 16 of February. Kudos to them, even in this unfortunate situation.

• lol

• Thank you all
    17 VPS - 29 website Lost

• CarSents said: 17 VPS - 29 website Lost

You had 17 vps and 29 sites and you did not keep any backup? You shouldn't ever again involve with any kind of hosting... Do something else in your life...

• Heh. I keep a dedicated server to save content and push it to the VPS'. If the provider sinks it's a trivial replacement. Clients also keep their own copies of data.

Consider doing something similar.

• Can i contact cloudshards.com to run for me a day for coppy data ?

• @CarSents said:
    Can i contact cloudshards.com to run for me a day for coppy data ?

Contact who? The company do not exist anymore. The servers is gone. There is no backup. Why did you not keep your own backup if the sites was important for you?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

CarSents said: Can i contact cloudshards.com to run for me a day for coppy data ?

Probably, you will need to pay for the reinstatement of a number of contracts and staff time to get everything back up just for you so expect to pay around $10,000 for the first 24 hours.

Someone please translate this in to the OP's language.

seriously though.. no

• @CarSents said:
    Can i contact cloudshards.com to run for me a day for coppy data ?

No.

• tmwctmwc Member
    edited February 2017

You should have taken backups. If you're seriously expecting them to give you your data after their shutdown date, you're pretty crazy.

• 17 VPS for 29 websites... did you configure the web server yourself?

You should consider shared or managed hosting.

• Wicked said: You should consider shared or managed hosting.

And backups to a offsite server or to your home computer.

• Wicked said: You should consider shared or managed hosting.

Even then, he had to keep his own backups in case of the hosting company goes downhill. If he does not have a clue about hosting, how the hell did he manage 27 web sites? In Italy, this is called "vivere pericolosamente"!

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

29 websites and not a single backup...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

• @raindog308 said:

same