Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Cheapest 10 year domain registration

Cheapest 10 year domain registration

What is the current cheapest TLD and provider to register a domain name for ten years?

«1

Comments

  • akbakb Member
    edited January 2017

    https://www.namecheap.com/promos/amazing88s.aspx

    Register for $0.88 then renew for as many years you want for $0.88/yr only. $0.88 renewal applies to few TLDs like .win, .bid etc

  • porkbun.com is cheaper than namecheap if you purchase 10 years. It's 6.80$ for 10 years I believe.

    tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

    Thanked by 3bashlyk arda mrTom
  • @akb said: https://www.namecheap.com/promos/amazing88s.aspx

    Register for $0.88 then renew for as many years you want for $0.88/yr only. $0.88 renewal applies to few TLDs like .win, .bid etc

    Their manager confirmed to me you can renew for upto 5 years. So 1yr registration + 5 yr of renewal. FWIW. If you managed to buy more years at that price, please report.

  • akbakb Member

    Yura said: Their manager confirmed to me you can renew for upto 5 years. So 1yr registration + 5 yr of renewal. FWIW. If you managed to buy more years at that price, please report.

    Not sure whats the position today but a month back I did register a .win domain and renewed it for 9 more years at $0.88/yr.

  • @akb so either they tighten that up or their support speak nonsense. I would not be surprised.

  • akbakb Member

    tr1cky said: porkbun.com is cheaper than namecheap if you purchase 10 years. It's 6.80$ for 10 years I believe.

    Just checked. You are right. Porkbun is cheaper at $6.80 in comparison to $8.80 on Namecheap. But I wouldn't mind that $2 difference & will still prefer Namecheap for their 24x7 live support.

    Yura said: so either they tighten that up or their support speak nonsense. I would not be surprised.

    They may be having a bloated interface and steep prices but at least their support side never disappointed me. I recently transferred a few domains out of Namecheap. On every transfer I would just contact their live support and my domain gets released right away. They should also automate faster transfer-outs like Godaddy & Namesilo.

  • rm_rm_ Member

    akb said: .win domain and renewed it for 9 more years at $0.88/yr.

    That is if .win is still around in 10 years from now.

  • @rm_ said: That is if .win is still around in 10 years from now.

    Given that it's Charlie Sheen's preferred tld... I give it 3 years max.

  • What would be the cheap price for .xyz renewal or Transfer

    Make your choice on your own But i can help you to make them right.

  • rm_ said: That is if .win is still around in 10 years from now.

    With the price they had to invest to get these new tld don't you think that most will try to keep them running to get their investment back?

  • akbakb Member
    edited January 2017

    rm_ said: That is if .win is still around in 10 years from now.

    If you know what you are doing with them, these super cheap domains can serve some purposes. Even if .win goes kaput after 2 years, the domain would have paid its price.

    Though I do feel that the registry won't be going anywhere for few years. With as many as 60 TLD applications pending with ICANN, FFM is investing considerably into it. Either they will have to dissolve completely with all the approved TLDs in their portfolio and giving up on pending ones or just continue on. I am not sure if they can arbitrarily discontinue some specific TLD/s (with people having paid for their domains) and still continue on applying for newer ones at the ICANN. Wouldn't it amount to a scam then?

  • milomilo Member
    edited January 2017

    @tr1cky said: porkbun.com is cheaper than namecheap if you purchase 10 years. It's 6.80$ for 10 years I believe.

    I tried, can only get $0.30 off per year if register for 10 years. $88.40 become $85.70 How do you get your $6.80/year? thanks

  • akbakb Member

    milo said: I tried, can only get $0.30 off per year if register for 10 years. $88.40 become $85.70 How do you get your $6.80/year? thanks

    Which TLD?

  • JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited January 2017

    Alpnames is cheaper than porkbun on the cheap-ass domains from uniregistry.

  • tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited January 2017

    @milo said:

    @tr1cky said: porkbun.com is cheaper than namecheap if you purchase 10 years. It's 6.80$ for 10 years I believe.

    I tried, can only get $0.30 off per year if register for 10 years. $88.40 become $85.70 How do you get your $6.80/year? thanks

    Try one of these TLDs:

    tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

    Thanked by 1milo
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited January 2017

    @JasperNL said: Alpnames is cheaper than porkbun on the cheap-ass domains from uniregistry.

    They are not for 10 year registration.

    See here:

    tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

    Thanked by 2JasperNL mfs
  • Wow, that's interesting! And free whois protection for 10 years? that certainly doesn't beat alpnames indeed :P

  • Thank you for your responses. I decided to get a .win domain from AlpNames.

    I had not realised that you could get ten years with the promotional price on some names but not others (as opposed to just the first year).

  • The promotial price is a lie. There had always been a "promotional price" for the cheap uniregistry domains ever since they were launched.

  • milomilo Member
    edited January 2017

    @akb said:

    milo said: I tried, can only get $0.30 off per year if register for 10 years. $88.40 become $85.70 How do you get your $6.80/year? thanks

    Which TLD?

    Sorry, it's .COM I misunderstood I thought any domain, not only new TLD

  • @tr1cky said:

    @JasperNL said: Alpnames is cheaper than porkbun on the cheap-ass domains from uniregistry.

    They are not for 10 year registration.

    See here:

    Any registrars that are still offering these (or any other) TLDs for 10 years at under $10?

  • Would be interested in a long term domain aswell. Whois protection would be great

  • what about .com domain names ? which registrar provides cheapest 10 year domain registration or renewal.

  • @cloudchatten said: what about .com domain names ? which registrar provides cheapest 10 year domain registration or renewal.

    https://www.domcomp.com/tld/com

    Black Friday 2017 winner: Veesp.com

  • .trade is $1.69 at Porkbun right now, so 10 years will be $16.90.

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • akb said: On every transfer I would just contact their live support and my domain gets released right away.

    Um, that's appalling customer service, not good service.

    Good service is that transfers are instance without needing to waste time on the phone.

    NameCheap customer service has been pretty lame in my experience.

    My Advice: VPS Advice

    For LET support, please click here.

    Thanked by 1rm_
  • raindog308 said: Um, that's appalling customer service, not good service.

    I'm not a big customer for namecheap but in my experience domains are released instantaneously without live support and whatnot, you just need to click a link on a confirmation mail (there's no need to turn off any whois privacy service). I've transferred ~4 domains from namecheap to namesilo in the last ~6 months with this procedure

  • Well, it's a special limited promotion, but if we are talking in the range of ~20 USD, then the .de - offer from netcup would qualify:

    10x 1,68 EUR + 1x 2 EUR (Setup) = 18,80 EUR for 10 years. Of course given that they never raise the price as you can not extend for 10 years upfront.

  • @southy said: Well, it's a special limited promotion, but if we are talking in the range of ~20 USD, then the .de - offer from netcup would qualify:

    10x 1,68 EUR + 1x 2 EUR (Setup) = 18,80 EUR for 10 years. Of course given that they never raise the price as you can not extend for 10 years upfront.

    image

    My Advice: VPS Advice

    For LET support, please click here.

    Thanked by 1luissousa
  • anyone know of current deals on 10 year registrations?

  • @ghettoHost said: anyone know of current deals on 10 year registrations?

    $7$420.

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • @ghettoHost said: anyone know of current deals on 10 year registrations?

    .xyz is the cheapest fot now. Wait for new year am sure namecheap will have something.

  • @rm_ said: That is if .win is still around in 10 years from now.

    Which raises the question, what is the official policy when a registry goes out of business? Registry, not registrar.

  • maplowmaplow Member
    edited December 2017

    10years bid domain name from namecheap about $13

  • @maplow said: 10years bid domain name from namecheap about $13

    I must be missing something- when I try to register .bid from NameCheap- total for 10 years is $99.80

  • proximaproxima Member
    edited December 2017

    @ghettoHost said:

    @maplow said: 10years bid domain name from namecheap about $13

    I must be missing something- when I try to register .bid from NameCheap- total for 10 years is $99.80

    Do it 5 years at a time...

    Thanked by 1ghettoHost
  • There are plenty of crappy tlds that are $1.69 on Porkbun.

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • @WSS said: There are plenty of crappy tlds that are $1.69 on Porkbun.

    I want a .wss domain.

    Dont'TalkAboutLetClub @WSS stole my IP Address.

    upto32.com Retro at it's best

  • @AuroraZ said:

    @WSS said: There are plenty of crappy tlds that are $1.69 on Porkbun.

    I want a .wss domain.

    You can't handle a wss tld.

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @WSS said:

    @AuroraZ said:

    @WSS said: There are plenty of crappy tlds that are $1.69 on Porkbun.

    I want a .wss domain.

    You can't handle a wss tld.

    So sayeth the king of slapnuts.

    Dont'TalkAboutLetClub @WSS stole my IP Address.

    upto32.com Retro at it's best

  • @AuroraZ said:

    @WSS said:

    @AuroraZ said:

    @WSS said: There are plenty of crappy tlds that are $1.69 on Porkbun.

    I want a .wss domain.

    You can't handle a wss tld.

    So sayeth the king of slapnuts.

    Rather, so sayeth his nocmonkeyslut.

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • Ian58166Ian58166 Member
    edited April 6

    Does anyone know what today's position is for this? I am looking to do the exact same as the original poster, get a cheap domain for 10 years.

    Its also looking like porkbun is now charging a lot for subsequent years. A 10 year .online is showing as $246.31!

  • Stacksocial is running a 10-yr .tech promo for 39.99.

    https://stacksocial.com/sales/radix-tech-domain-10-year-subscription

    If you wish to purchase it and don't mind an afflink, please use this -> https://stacksocial.com/?rid=5296148

    Are you looking for some textual fun?

  • Ian58166Ian58166 Member

    @ramesh_vish said: Stacksocial is running a 10-yr .tech promo for 39.99.

    That's still a lot more than I was thinking. I was looking more for $1 - $2 per year, so $10-$20 total.

  • Namecheap still has the 5 year for $5.58 (roughly) promotion on a number of special domains like pw bid win (etc.). Also they have the $0.88 sale for some domains but I think that's only for 1 year (you'll have to check renewal to see if that is at the same price or not). See this and this. There's always Namesilo for their standard pricing which isn't too bad at all for many of these same domains. Alternatively, get 5 years from Namecheap and transfer out to Namesilo.

  • Ian58166Ian58166 Member

    Thanks nullnothere. I though the .online was part of the special cheap domains, and that seems to have gone up a lot.

    Could anyone who has a namecheap .online check to see if it can be extended at the cheap price?

  • ramesh_vishramesh_vish Member
    edited April 6

    nullnothere said: Namecheap still has the 5 year for $5.58 (roughly) promotion on a number of special domains like pw bid win (etc.).

    I haven't tried it, but I have heard that if you renew right away for 5 year, you get the same $5.58 price for year 6-10.

    Edit: Searching LET for $5.58 lead me to this -> https://gen.xyz/1111b .99$ per year (renews at same rate)

    Are you looking for some textual fun?

  • DazzleDazzle Member

    Try cosmotown.com

  • Ian58166Ian58166 Member

    @Dazzle said: Try cosmotown.com

    These are better prices, but do you think perhaps I have missed the boat on very low prices except for strange names like win or stream etc

  • donlidonli Member

    @Ian58166 said:

    These are better prices, but do you think perhaps I have missed the boat on very low prices except for strange names like win or stream etc

    I like .win. It's 3 letters like .com, net and org.

Sign In or Register to comment.