Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest 10 year domain registration
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest 10 year domain registration

What is the current cheapest TLD and provider to register a domain name for ten years?

Thanked by 1truweb

Comments

• akbakb Member
    edited January 2017

https://www.namecheap.com/promos/amazing88s.aspx

Register for $0.88 then renew for as many years you want for $0.88/yr only. $0.88 renewal applies to few TLDs like .win, .bid etc

• porkbun.com is cheaper than namecheap if you purchase 10 years. It's 6.80$ for 10 years I believe.

Thanked by 3bashlyk arda mrTom
  • @akb said:
    https://www.namecheap.com/promos/amazing88s.aspx

Register for $0.88 then renew for as many years you want for $0.88/yr only. $0.88 renewal applies to few TLDs like .win, .bid etc

Their manager confirmed to me you can renew for upto 5 years. So 1yr registration + 5 yr of renewal. FWIW. If you managed to buy more years at that price, please report.

• akbakb Member

Yura said: Their manager confirmed to me you can renew for upto 5 years. So 1yr registration + 5 yr of renewal. FWIW. If you managed to buy more years at that price, please report.

Not sure whats the position today but a month back I did register a .win domain and renewed it for 9 more years at $0.88/yr.

• @akb so either they tighten that up or their support speak nonsense. I would not be surprised.

• akbakb Member

tr1cky said: porkbun.com is cheaper than namecheap if you purchase 10 years. It's 6.80$ for 10 years I believe.

Just checked. You are right. Porkbun is cheaper at $6.80 in comparison to $8.80 on Namecheap. But I wouldn't mind that $2 difference & will still prefer Namecheap for their 24x7 live support.

Yura said: so either they tighten that up or their support speak nonsense. I would not be surprised.

They may be having a bloated interface and steep prices but at least their support side never disappointed me. I recently transferred a few domains out of Namecheap. On every transfer I would just contact their live support and my domain gets released right away. They should also automate faster transfer-outs like Godaddy & Namesilo.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

akb said: .win domain and renewed it for 9 more years at $0.88/yr.

That is if .win is still around in 10 years from now.

• @rm_ said:
    That is if .win is still around in 10 years from now.

Given that it's Charlie Sheen's preferred tld... I give it 3 years max.

• What would be the cheap price for .xyz renewal or Transfer

• rm_ said: That is if .win is still around in 10 years from now.

With the price they had to invest to get these new tld don't you think that most will try to keep them running to get their investment back?

• akbakb Member
    edited January 2017

rm_ said: That is if .win is still around in 10 years from now.

If you know what you are doing with them, these super cheap domains can serve some purposes. Even if .win goes kaput after 2 years, the domain would have paid its price.

Though I do feel that the registry won't be going anywhere for few years. With as many as 60 TLD applications pending with ICANN, FFM is investing considerably into it. Either they will have to dissolve completely with all the approved TLDs in their portfolio and giving up on pending ones or just continue on. I am not sure if they can arbitrarily discontinue some specific TLD/s (with people having paid for their domains) and still continue on applying for newer ones at the ICANN. Wouldn't it amount to a scam then?

• milomilo Member
    edited January 2017

@tr1cky said:
    porkbun.com is cheaper than namecheap if you purchase 10 years. It's 6.80$ for 10 years I believe.

I tried, can only get $0.30 off per year if register for 10 years. $88.40 become $85.70 How do you get your $6.80/year? thanks

• akbakb Member

milo said: I tried, can only get $0.30 off per year if register for 10 years. $88.40 become $85.70 How do you get your $6.80/year? thanks

Which TLD?

Thanked by 1clive2000
  • JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited January 2017

Alpnames is cheaper than porkbun on the cheap-ass domains from uniregistry.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited January 2017

@milo said:

@tr1cky said:
    porkbun.com is cheaper than namecheap if you purchase 10 years. It's 6.80$ for 10 years I believe.

I tried, can only get $0.30 off per year if register for 10 years. $88.40 become $85.70 How do you get your $6.80/year? thanks

Try one of these TLDs:

Thanked by 1milo
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited January 2017

@JasperNL said:

They are not for 10 year registration.

See here:

Thanked by 2JasperNL mfs
  • Wow, that's interesting! And free whois protection for 10 years? that certainly doesn't beat alpnames indeed :P

• Thank you for your responses. I decided to get a .win domain from AlpNames.

I had not realised that you could get ten years with the promotional price on some names but not others (as opposed to just the first year).

• The promotial price is a lie. There had always been a "promotional price" for the cheap uniregistry domains ever since they were launched.

• milomilo Member
    edited January 2017

@akb said:

milo said: I tried, can only get $0.30 off per year if register for 10 years. $88.40 become $85.70 How do you get your $6.80/year? thanks

Which TLD?

Sorry, it's .COM
    I misunderstood I thought any domain, not only new TLD

• @tr1cky said:

@JasperNL said:

They are not for 10 year registration.

See here:

Any registrars that are still offering these (or any other) TLDs for 10 years at under $10?

• Would be interested in a long term domain aswell. Whois protection would be great

• what about .com domain names ? which registrar provides cheapest 10 year domain registration or renewal.

• @cloudchatten said:
    what about .com domain names ? which registrar provides cheapest 10 year domain registration or renewal.

https://www.domcomp.com/tld/com

• .trade is $1.69 at Porkbun right now, so 10 years will be $16.90.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

akb said: On every transfer I would just contact their live support and my domain gets released right away.

Um, that's appalling customer service, not good service.

Good service is that transfers are instance without needing to waste time on the phone.

NameCheap customer service has been pretty lame in my experience.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

raindog308 said: Um, that's appalling customer service, not good service.

I'm not a big customer for namecheap but in my experience domains are released instantaneously without live support and whatnot, you just need to click a link on a confirmation mail (there's no need to turn off any whois privacy service). I've transferred ~4 domains from namecheap to namesilo in the last ~6 months with this procedure

• Well, it's a special limited promotion, but if we are talking in the range of ~20 USD, then the .de - offer from netcup would qualify:

10x 1,68 EUR + 1x 2 EUR (Setup) = 18,80 EUR for 10 years.
    Of course given that they never raise the price as you can not extend for 10 years upfront.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@southy said:
    Well, it's a special limited promotion, but if we are talking in the range of ~20 USD, then the .de - offer from netcup would qualify:

10x 1,68 EUR + 1x 2 EUR (Setup) = 18,80 EUR for 10 years.
    Of course given that they never raise the price as you can not extend for 10 years upfront.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • anyone know of current deals on 10 year registrations?