Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET Storage - 48 Hour Offer!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET Storage - 48 Hour Offer!

AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
edited January 2017 in Offers

Good Morning LET's,

After being asked so many times when the next ZX offer will be, I decided to do a short and sweet Storage offer, setup may take up to 24 hours as is still a manual task currently within Proxmox for provisioning.

These will be hosted on:
- HA CEPH Storage Back-end
- Multiple KVM Nodes in HA setup
- Redundant network links (recently added AMS-IX with LINX in the coming week)
- HP Enterprise Hardware & JUNIPER Network Equipment

Package:
- 1TB CEPH Redundant storage
- 2TB Outgoing Bandwidth
- Un-metered Incoming Bandwidth
- 1 Fair Share CPU Thread
- 2GB DDR4 ECC RAM
- Full Selection of ISO's & Remote Management within WHMCS
- 1 IPv4
- /64 IPv6 on Request
- Inbuilt firewall at VM Network level

$48/Year
AND for the first time ever!
$96/3 years

ORDER

Multiple packages can be combined into a single VM on request for extra storage / resources

Sale will end : Tuesday 24th 23:59PM GMT

T&C
AUP
Bandwidth LookingGlass

Comments

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

AshleyUk said: Bandwidth LookingGlass

Your "network tests" are broken - I enter an IP, hit Submit, and then nothing happens.

• perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited January 2017

-how long takes setup?-

to bored to read O.o

• @perryoo11 said:
    how long takes setup?

Read the first post.

• @Yura said:

@perryoo11 said:
    how long takes setup?

Read the first post.

oops
    thank you

• @hawc said:

AshleyUk said: Bandwidth LookingGlass

Your "network tests" are broken - I enter an IP, hit Submit, and then nothing happens.

Thanks was a PHP7 issue that has now been fixed.

• Any test ip?

• @ZRBLOG said:
    Any test ip?

Yes bottom of first post.

• @AshleyUk I saw the Triennially price is $142.80USD

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited January 2017

@lightforce said:
    @AshleyUk I saw the Triennially price is $142.80USD

VAT maybe?

Edit: nope, seems to be a mistake in your configuration indeed @AshleyUK

• @teamacc said:

@lightforce said:
    @AshleyUk I saw the Triennially price is $142.80USD

VAT maybe?

Edit: nope, seems to be a mistake in your configuration indeed @AshleyUK

Sorry has been fixed currency was not synced on product.

• +1 for ZXHOST very fast and responsive support.

• don't miss this! absolutely recommended ;-)

ordered one triennially, really tempted to go for a second... damn.

out of curiosity @AshleyUk do you have any rough date or schedule on the migration of the old storage services from hetzner? (-:

• @Falzo said:
    don't miss this! absolutely recommended ;-)

out of curiosity @AshleyUk do you have any rough date or schedule on the migration of the old storage services from hetzner? (-:

They are in active migration, if you have a ticket open feel free to PM me the REF and will see where yours is in the queue.

• Damn... Hard to resist.

• LET HA shared pr0n repository anyone?

Thanked by 1alaningus
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited January 2017

@Junkless said:
    Damn... Hard to resist.

don't try to hard, it's worth every cent ;-)

2,50 € p.m. per redundant TB of storage (if paid triennally), where else do you want to get something like this in 2017 ?

PS: and real storage not that kind of weird object storage crap...

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • 8 TB combined offer is possible?

• @Falzo said:

@Junkless said:
    Damn... Hard to resist.

don't try to hard, it's worth every cent ;-)

2,50 € p.m. per redundant TB of storage (if paid triennally), where else do you want to get something like this in 2017 ?

PS: and real storage not that kind of weird object storage crap...

Already have too many servers idling .. :/ but this offer is sooo good.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • OMG. What DC is this in? What was that about moving out of Hetzner? I actually want storage at Hetzner since I have a dedi there, but I'm cool with whatever. Is it still in Germany? How is connectivity to Hetzner? Are you going to get upset by occasional large transfers to and from Hetzner?

I just got another dedi and a few other storage plans during the ZX storage drought, but as everyone else says, this is hard to resist.

• @willie said:
    OMG. What DC is this in?

Should be Telehouse, Kleyserstrasse...

• Does Ceph mean the data is replicated across multiple servers? If yes then this offer is a giveway or close to being one. Wow! I think this pricing is doable with raid 6, but with outright replication it seems very difficult.

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

Order page adds UK VAT -- is that still applied to non-EU orders? (And just wondering, in the UK will it still apply after Brexit?)

• @willie said:
    Does Ceph mean the data is replicated across multiple servers? If yes then this offer is a giveway or close to being one. Wow! I think this pricing is doable with raid 6, but with outright replication it seems very difficult.

location is FFM and connection to hetzner is:

Host                                  Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
     1. static..clients.your-server.de      0.0%    11    0.4   0.4   0.3   0.7   0.0
     2. core24.hetzner.de                   0.0%    10    0.3   0.3   0.3   0.4   0.0
     3. core1.hetzner.de                    0.0%    10    5.0   5.0   4.9   5.0   0.0
     4. 23media.fra.ecix.net                0.0%    10    5.1   5.8   5.1  12.3   2.2
     5. ae0.cr01.fra1.23media.de            0.0%    10    5.2   6.4   5.2   7.1   3.7
     6. 62.xxx.xxx.xxx                      0.0%    10    5.3   5.4   5.3   5.9   0.0

I agree, hetzner internal traffic is free but if you do backups from a hetzner dedi to this it will nearly equal 'free' as you get plenty of bw with your dedi and free incoming with zxhost ;-)

you really want one, go for it ^^

• Fair enough. I have a @i83 storage plan at Hetzner and when I transfer to and from my Hetzner dedi it basically hoses the 1gbps port at both ends. I don't mind hosing my own port but have to worry about slamming the shared server.

Ok I'll probably not resist. I'm feeling some buyer's remorse toward my online.net promo dedi and might let go of it after a month or two. There's some stuff I want to run on it in the next few weeks but after that I can go back to the Hetzner auction if I need another dedi.

Thanked by 1i83
  • @AshleyUk said:

@Falzo said:

They are in active migration, if you have a ticket open feel free to PM me the REF and will see where yours is in the queue.

@AshleyUk I'm sorry for posting this here, but I don't know what else to do. I haven't had a response to my ticket (#678857) since mid-December and it's been auto-closed multiple times since then. I've been worried the entire time that my current (almost full) VPS at the DE location will get wiped because the last information I had received was that migration was supposed to have been completed by Dec 21. I wasn't sure if the rack that VPS was hosted would expire Dec 31 or Jan 31 or some other interim time. I understand LET != your helpdesk and that your inbox here is probably quite dynamic, but I tried PMing you here after not receiving any reply to my ticket for weeks (and received no reply here, either). I would have tried migrating my data in the interim, but have not received any connection/login information for the new VPS. I would appreciate your help with finding out when the rack my server is hosted on will be going offline and in obtaining connection information for the VPS to which I am supposed to migrate so that I can migrate my data. Thank you.

For anyone wondering: the above aside, I've been on the original annual plan for several years and the server has been functioning well whenever I've accessed it.

• @dimon222 said:
    8 TB combined offer is possible?

If you wish to purchase 8 then no issues.

• @willie said:
    Order page adds UK VAT -- is that still applied to non-EU orders? (And just wondering, in the UK will it still apply after Brexit?)

No once you complete your address outside of the EU VAT will be removed, I can't answer for Brexit but this is years away anyway.

• @user123 said:

@AshleyUk said:

@Falzo said:

@AshleyUk I'm sorry for posting this here, but I don't know what else to do. I haven't had a response to my ticket (#678857) since mid-December and it's been auto-closed multiple times since then. I've been worried the entire time that my current (almost full) VPS at the DE location will get wiped because the last information I had received was that migration was supposed to have been completed by Dec 21. I wasn't sure if the rack that VPS was hosted would expire Dec 31 or Jan 31 or some other interim time. I understand LET != your helpdesk and that your inbox here is probably quite dynamic, but I tried PMing you here after not receiving any reply to my ticket for weeks (and received no reply here, either). I would have tried migrating my data in the interim, but have not received any connection/login information for the new VPS. I would appreciate your help with finding out when the rack my server is hosted on will be going offline and in obtaining connection information for the VPS to which I am supposed to migrate so that I can migrate my data. Thank you.

For anyone wondering: the above aside, I've been on the original annual plan for several years and the server has been functioning well whenever I've accessed it.

You have no reasons to worry about your current service, all VM's will continue to run at Hetzner until fully migrated, due to some client's taking longer than expected and requiring some help the overall migration has taken longer.

I will follow up in your ticket now :)

Thanked by 1user123
  • user123user123 Member
    edited January 2017

@AshleyUk said:

@user123 said:

@AshleyUk said:

@Falzo said:

You have no reasons to worry about your current service, all VM's will continue to run at Hetzner until fully migrated, due to some client's taking longer than expected and requiring some help the overall migration has taken longer.

I will follow up in your ticket now :)

Thanks for the reply! I'll keep an eye out for an update to my ticket.

• Looking glass 1024MB download ran at 103 MB/s to Hetzner FLK. Good enough for me ;-)