Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud.net: Just $.38 for your first month - Locations in USA/Canada/Europe/South America
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud.net: Just $.38 for your first month - Locations in USA/Canada/Europe/South America

OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
edited January 2017 in Offers

All,

We've been working hard to bring you many new locations. Over the past few months we've added new clouds in Bogota, Buenos Aires, Miami, Nottingham and Rio de Janeiro. We're not stopping there - soon we'll have added locations in the United States, and rare locations like Dubai, Nigeria and South Africa.

shh... just give me the coupon codes

LOWENDTALK90 - 90% off your first month!
LOWENDTALK50 - 50% off 3 months!
LOWENDTALK30 - 30% off 6 months!

Which locations can I get?

All of our locations are eligible for the discounts, however the $3.80 locations are available below.

Why use Cloud.net?

Cloud.net is a marketplace of Clouds and VPS servers, with worldwide locations and more being added constantly.

You get no single provider lock-in or penalty to change providers, a unified invoice, full transparency on how each cloud performs with our Cloud Index Score, price comparison, ability to deploy to many different regions and providers and manage it all from a single interface.

Free DNS hosting

With any account, we offer completely free DNS hosting, using anycast DNS from 13 worldwide locations. See all the details at https://help.cloud.net/hc/en-us/sections/201359850-DNS

Full API

Automate your deployment and management - we have a full API backend that allows you to create, and manage your servers using any tool you like. See the docs at https://api.cloud.net/docs.

One click app deployment

Using our application deployment service to install more than 21 applications - see them all at https://help.cloud.net/hc/en-us/articles/207358950-What-applications-are-available-

Earn more - suggest a feature, or find a bug, and get credits!

This is just for Lowendtalk users, but using our new feature suggestion box, if you suggest a new feature, I'll give you a $10 credit. Find a bug? Just let me know at [email protected], and I'll get you credited for $20. We're serious about improving!

The billing details...

Don't look so glum - we've made it easy. $10 deposits are now available at Cloud.net.. We accept Paypal & credit card - everything is PAYG, and we bill for a total of 672 total hours per month. If you cancel a server before the end of the month, you're credited back for the unused time. Here's what's hot - coupon codes apply to your entire account, so you could create 100 servers, and pay just $38 in the first month.

Comments

• Hi @OnApp_Terry what's the port of the Buenos Aires Location? Also can you please PM me a test IP ?
    Regards

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

OnApp_Terry said: This is just for Lowendtalk users, but using our new feature suggestion box, if you suggest a new feature, I'll give you a $10 credit. Find a bug? Just let me know at [email protected], and I'll get you credited for $20. We're serious about improving!

Does that could for all OnApp products or only the ones you are serious about? if so I am about to make a quick $1000

• @AnthonySmith said:

OnApp_Terry said: This is just for Lowendtalk users, but using our new feature suggestion box, if you suggest a new feature, I'll give you a $10 credit. Find a bug? Just let me know at [email protected], and I'll get you credited for $20. We're serious about improving!

Does that could for all OnApp products or only the ones you are serious about? if so I am about to make a quick $1000

I only manage CDN.net & Cloud.net - so only those two.

OnApp_Terry said: I only manage CDN.net & Cloud.net - so only those two.

So only the ones OnApp in general is serious about then.

Who manages SolusVM V1, SolusVM V never and Virtkick?

I will sign up for another cloud.net and send you a list of feature requests and bugs.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @AnthonySmith said:

OnApp_Terry said: I only manage CDN.net & Cloud.net - so only those two.

So only the ones OnApp in general is serious about then.

Who manages SolusVM V1, SolusVM V never and Virtkick?

I will sign up for another cloud.net and send you a list of feature requests and bugs.

Anthony,

You know the answer to these questions. SolusVM is Phill & Shaffi. If you have VirtKick questions, Ditlev has said to email him personally at [email protected].

edited January 2017

OnApp_Terry said: You know the answer to these questions. SolusVM is Phill & Shaffi.

Honestly I really did not, Shaffi cant action or answer anything I assumed he was your social media and first line of inquiry person and Phill is the V1 Dev, I assumed you would have someone equivalent to yourself actually overseeing the V1 and V never projects, maybe the fact that you don't explains a fair bit.

Ditlev has never responded once to any of my emails.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

I think I would become a millionaire quite fast if I would get 10 EUR for every Virtkick bug report.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • edited January 2017

@OnApp_Terry

Is there any way to see which network you end up on before ordering?

Perhaps you can put up a looking glass for each location with your advanced OnApp technology.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @Admiral_Awesome said:
    @OnApp_Terry

Perhaps you can put up a looking glass for each location with your advanced OnApp technology.

Yes, I've been meaning to do that. Let me get something setup with all the locations added.

• @Admiral_Awesome said:
    @OnApp_Terry

Terry give this man a cookie (or Credit ) for an great suggestion of course

• @simonindia said:

@Admiral_Awesome said:
    @OnApp_Terry

Absolutely - if he has an account, just let me know the name and I'll give him the deserved credit.

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • @OnApp_Terry said:

@simonindia said:

@Admiral_Awesome said:
    @OnApp_Terry

Absolutely - if he has an account, just let me know the name and I'll give him the deserved credit.

Great I love people who honor their words

• jimaekjimaek Member
    edited January 2017

Just wanted to say that cloud.net has improved a lot from a few months ago. There are still small annoyances here and there but its stable and works fine now

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • @jimaek said:
    Just wanted to say that cloud.net has improved a lot from a few months ago. There are still small annoyances here and there but its stable and works fine now

Thanks! Your feedback has been very critical to our maturation and growth.

• if I go rampaging and attacking every virtkick installation that exists, will I still get $20? Just wanted to know, so err, I'm not liable for any damages......

• Min Top Up $25, damn, that turn everything just useless..

• jimaek said: Just wanted to say that cloud.net has improved a lot from a few months ago. There are still small annoyances here and there but its stable and works fine now

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

• @jenkki said:
    Min Top Up $25, damn, that turn everything just useless..

Minimum top up is $10.

@jenkki said:

jimaek said: Just wanted to say that cloud.net has improved a lot from a few months ago. There are still small annoyances here and there but its stable and works fine now

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Everything looks operational now - our site is hosted at a 3rd party (non onapp/solus... etc) datacenter, so unrelated to any infrastructure clients would have access to.

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited January 2017

@doghouch said:
    if I go rampaging and attacking every virtkick installation that exists, will I still get $20? Just wanted to know, so err, I'm not liable for any damages......

No, as explained earlier, this is related to Cloud.net & CDN.net only.

• @OnApp_Terry said:

@doghouch said:
    if I go rampaging and attacking every virtkick installation that exists, will I still get $20? Just wanted to know, so err, I'm not liable for any damages......

No, as explained earlier, this is related to Cloud.net & CDN.net only.

Understood :)

Thank you for the clarification. I'll report a few bugs later

• Is is possible to install centos 6 on your service?

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited January 2017

I remember the days when all providers offered CentOS 6 at one point in time, in fact some even still have CentOS 5. CentOS 6 is still in support until 2020 so I don't know why many providers have stopped offering it when it's still a supported operating system, as well as Oracle Linux 6, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, etc are still fully supported. It kinda reminds me of Windows XP (has stuff that people like, SysVInit, etc and the new ones have systemd and other various changes) except EPEL6 was created in like 2006 or something like that so it's not even that old. All of my linux servers are running CentOS 6 just because it's what I'm used to

• Yes, that's my preferred OS. I see the price in South america is very low-end at cloud.net. So I want to try them. however, only see centos 7

• DXDDXD Member

Suggestion : putting up "what payment modes we accept"
    and accepting more modes like "PagSeguro" (brazil targeted) , "Elavon " (for almost whole LATIN murica) , Bitcoin (for second payment if fraud is your concern), SEPA transfers (or maybe you have this already?)

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
    edited January 2017

@zidit said:
    Is is possible to install centos 6 on your service?

Yes, we can do CentOS 6. Just send me a message with the location through our chat and I'll open it up for you.

• @DXD said:
    Suggestion : putting up "what payment modes we accept"
    and accepting more modes like "PagSeguro" (brazil targeted) , "Elavon " (for almost whole LATIN murica) , Bitcoin (for second payment if fraud is your concern), SEPA transfers (or maybe you have this already?)

Great idea. SEPA should be easily doable. I'll look into the others for you.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited January 2017

zidit said: South america is very low-end

Too sweet to be true..Guess its only temporary prices for a short time Was have Norway promo a year ago, after two months invoice was increased

• @jenkki said:

zidit said: South america is very low-end

Too sweet to be true..Guess its only temporary prices for a short time Was have Norway promo a year ago, after two months invoice was increased

No plans to increase pricing. We have a stable supplier contract. Norway likely increased when Cloud.net switched from having different pricing for each location, to have 2 tiers of pricing. I, while not the product manager for cloud.net at the time, assume the increase was minimal and notice was given.

• OnApp_Terry said: OnApp_Terry

Your billing scheme just useless, need ability to add random amount for easier operations

edited January 2017

@jenkki said:

OnApp_Terry said: OnApp_Terry

Your billing scheme just useless, need ability to add random amount for easier operations

In full disclosure, I actually did the math on the dollar amounts we need to successfully run the business. We could technically do something like a minimum of $8, but below that, transaction fees & fraud processing fees would eat away too much of our margins. With scale, the amount required will go down, but right now $10 is the best I can do.