Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated, 2x2TB, Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated, 2x2TB, Europe

Hello,

I'm also looking for an better solution with raid 1. Anything below 20 Euro will be fine.. Preferred Germany or Netherlands or equal routing. Bitcoin preferred, decent power but mostly idle for some web servers for myself.

Any offers?

Thank you!

Comments

• 2x2 tb under €20 will be a real deal. Hard.

• I hoped that there might be a nice offer at online.net, but I can't wait anymore. I think you are true and it's hard to get :(

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

The current offer with SoYouStart 25% off and BK-4T makes it 18.75 EUR/mo. The CPU could be better though.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

nobizzle said: Anything below 20 Euro will be fine..

Lemme get this right: Any raid card below 20 Euro ?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @exception0x876 said:
    The current offer with SoYouStart 25% off and BK-4T makes it 18.75 EUR/mo. The CPU could be better though.

Its one-time promo I think.

@WHT said:

I ordered 2 servers with this coupon for a test :) So we'll know in 3 months.

Thanked by 2WHT bersy
  • @exception0x876 said:

@WHT said:

I ordered 2 servers with this coupon for a test :) So we'll know in 3 months.

Just try to extend directly and you'll see the recurring price...

Thanked by 1exception0x876
    edited January 2017

@Falzo said:
    Just try to extend directly and you'll see the recurring price...

You're right. Well I need those servers anyway.

@Someone said:
    So... Recurring or not? ;)

Not recurring.

Thanked by 2[Deleted User] Falzo
  • Nobody can spare an old machine with two hdds? You can also pm me if you prefer.

Any help highly appreciated.

• have you found anything?

• I decided to re-setup my local pc. I rearranged my home PC to be my server. I had two external USB 2 2 TB HDDs which weren't used actually. I had the idea to remove them from the USB case and put them into the machine via SATA. Now they are running as RAID 1. I do only have 10mbit upload, but finally I have a system that I have full control of and does what i want. Physical access is actually pretty nice.

I'm running a few QEMU/KVM now on them to host some stuff (OpenVPN, NGINX, Webservers, etc).

Its a nice setup. I actually only need a nice space to store my data outside of my house, then all will be fine.

• WSSWSS Member

You can get a 2x3TB from Hetzner right now for 26EU, but that's the cheapest I've ever seen with them..

• nobizzlenobizzle Member
    edited January 2017

yeah.. thats also the cheapest i've seen so far (31 incl. VAT). thanks for the info.. but still for my purposes i think its still quite expensive and overpowered.. still very teasing ;)

btw. as he also commented on this one. if you are looking for a great vm with superb support you should contact @exception0x876! his service is superb!

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • I bought the 2x3TB model from Hetzner yesterday. It's worth a few extra euros.