Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vps for private vpn
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vps for private vpn

Hi all,

I live in the UK and they have just passed a new 'Internet Snooping' law which requires providers to allow various agencies to access your Internet usage (Sit's visited etc etc) without a court order and to be quite frank I think they have gone a bit far

Read about it here: http://www.wired.co.uk/article/ip-bill-law-details-passed

So I would like a country that has little to no relations with the UK and certainly no data sharing (without a court order)

As cheap as possible

This will just be to run a private pptpd vpn so tun and tap modules would need to ensure loaded as well as a few others for pptpd to run (so maybe better to have kv, but not essential as long as provider will load modules if openvz)

Ta

Chip

Comments

• just open a tiket qafter you have buy and we will enable the modules you need

• You should give Lowendspirit.com a shot.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Have fun with LowEndSpirit! Many location available at only ~3EUR/year.

• @chip said: just be to run a private pptpd vpn

pptp is probably the worse choice for a VPN if you care about privacy. Then again, GCHQ could probably easily decrypt your traffic and easily verify that you pose no threat to Her Majesty's Government.

• @BeardyUnixGuy said:

@chip said: just be to run a private pptpd vpn

pptp is probably the worse choice for a VPN if you care about privacy. Then again, GCHQ could probably easily decrypt your traffic and easily verify that you pose no threat to Her Majesty's Government.

What do you recommend then?

In all honesty I've got nothing to hide it just think they have gone too far

• @chip You should use OpenVPN.

• chip said: What do you recommend then?

OpenVPN is a safe choice but, depending on your goals and usage, TINC may be a nice switch-up.

• If you want to use OpenVPN (which is probably the easiest way) you should give https://github.com/Angristan/OpenVPN-install a try. With this script you can choose your grade of encryption yourself.

It would fit on a 128mb vps easily. I'd prefer a server close to the UK, probably in FR or NL.

• Why not to make shared VPN for everyone?

• Get a VPS in Norway, Switzerland, Iceland or Romania and setup OpenVPN on it. I can help you find a good overall solution in budget including installation with IPv6 support.

Thanks!

• Get a VPS in Switzerland (best privacy law) and setup OpenVPN on it with some encryption, Nyr's scrypt is good for that.

• @joodle said:
    Get a VPS in Switzerland (best privacy law) and setup OpenVPN on it with some encryption, Nyr's scrypt is good for that.

Nice advice. But I would recommend them to ask a sys admin to setup stuff for once and then maybe they can maintain it. Which provider do you recommend in CH with 1x v4+v6 on eth0 and routed block of Ipv6?

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited December 2016

newconsultant said: But I would recommend them to ask a sys admin to setup stuff for once and then maybe they can maintain it

You're not a Sysadmin, nor are you going to make money here.

newconsultant said: Which provider do you recommend in CH with 1x v4+v6 on eth0 and routed block of Ipv6?

If you were a Sysadmin, you should find this out yourself.

• @joodle said:

newconsultant said: But I would recommend them to ask a sys admin to setup stuff for once and then maybe they can maintain it

You're not a Sysadmin, nor are you going to make money here.

newconsultant said: Which provider do you recommend in CH with 1x v4+v6 on eth0 and routed block of Ipv6?

If you were a Sysadmin, you should find this out yourself.

Haha. Thanks for motivational comments.

• The most secure VPN protocol: OpenVPN.

Try, https://github.com/Angristan/OpenVPN-install

Installation tips: TCP 443 port, AES-256-CBC (most secure), 4096 bits Difffie-Hellman key. Use them.

Anonymous DNS addresses: AzireVPN DNS (80.67.8.170, 193.180.164.2), OVPN.SE DNS, censurfridns.dk, dns.d0wn.biz, Piratpartiet DNS, privacyfoundation.ch

VPS Provider recommendation: netengi.com (Ukraine location, bulletproof), yourserver.se (Good privacy), ITLDC.COM (Ukraine and Bulgaria locations), FreeHost.com.UA (Excellent bulletproof), trabia.com (a.k.a. HostEasy), BlazingFast.io (Nice bulletproof! NSA and FSB-proof), @cociu (EN.HostSolutions.RO), UANode.net (Good provider). LunarVPS.COM (Switzerland location, very cheap)

• @Arttu_Rantanen said:
    The most secure VPN protocol: OpenVPN.

Installation tips: TCP 443 port, AES-256-CBC (most secure), 4096 bits Difffie-Hellman key. Use them.

Anonymous DNS addresses: AzireVPN DNS (80.67.8.170, 193.180.164.2), OVPN.SE DNS, censurfridns.dk, dns.d0wn.biz, Piratpartiet DNS, privacyfoundation.ch

VPS Provider recommendation: netengi.com (Ukraine location, bulletproof), yourserver.se (Good privacy), ITLDC.COM (Ukraine and Bulgaria locations), FreeHost.com.UA (Excellent bulletproof), trabia.com (a.k.a. HostEasy), BlazingFast.io (Nice bulletproof! NSA and FSB-proof), @cociu (EN.HostSolutions.RO), UANode.net (Good provider). LunarVPS.COM (Switzerland location, very cheap)

Good research. Do you know any provider from NO/CH/RO/IS offering 1 x v4+v6 and routed Ipv6 block along with their KVM VPS @ 5-10 EUR / month?

• @newconsultant I wrote it for you.

• Just tunnel to a country outside your jurisdiction for 95th percentile privacy.

dear OP, second This.

@Arttu_Rantanen said:

• newconsultant said: I would recommend them to ask a sys admin to setup stuff for once and then maybe they can maintain it.

Running "man openvpn" and following the instructions also works.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • @vimalware said:
    Just tunnel to a country outside your jurisdiction for 95th percentile privacy.

dear OP, second This.

@Arttu_Rantanen said:

Thanks for all the information, do all of these providers have good uptime?

Thanks

Chip

• Thanks for all the comments

@cociu do you have an offer?

Ta

Chip

• We can do a NL KVM if you want dedicated IPv4 + /64 IPv6.

• There already was a discussion on this... search the forums.