Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New online.net limited edition server, EUR 19.99/pm, no setup fee - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New online.net limited edition server, EUR 19.99/pm, no setup fee

Comments

• smile93 said: 1.99 per ip per month ... I thought it is per year... quite costly.

At what point does it tell you the pricing? The failover page looks like you're selecting from those already available to you rather than placing an order for one.

• @Detruire said:
    At what point does it tell you the pricing? The failover page looks like you're selecting from those already available to you rather than placing an order for one.

I think now they include one additional ip for most of the servers. Even the personal range server come with one additional failover ip now.

https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedicated-server-overview-perso

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

smile93 said: Even the personal range server come with one additional failover ip now.

That's the limit of FO IPs you can buy, not the number included for free.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@martip07 said:
    Who is willing to sell me a dedi ????

Not Selling, looking to outsource :-P

• DeanDean Member
    edited March 2015

earl said: Well @DeanKamitsis mentioned they replaced his pretty quick..

Turns out they didn't replace it so quick. They opened the maintenance window and didn't do anything. The drive was finally replaced in the early hours of this morning... after having been reassigned to various techs since the intervention was requested.

Thanked by 1earl
  • @smile93 said:
    1.99 per ip per month ... I thought it is per year... quite costly.

@earl said:
    Yup, even worst in Canada cause the currency is so low now that it's actually close to $3/ip with the conversion.

And IP's are billed immediately for €1.99 (i.e., they are not pro-rated like the server billing). So, for example, if you order an extra IP on the last day of the month, you will end up paying €1.99 for the IP for that one day.

Don't ask me how I know, lol

• Rent 1 IP failover in 17-03-2015 but no bill until now.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Not Selling, looking to outsource :-P

Lol tell me more :P

@martip07 said:

What you offer for this ??

• NomadNomad Member

YESSSSSS!

Patience...
    I like it.

Thank you very much for the last touch @bene_online

• Dedibox Limited 1115 sd-52703 - delivered in 4 minutes and 54 seconds

• NomadNomad Member
    edited March 2015

Well, mine was not ordered whilst they still had stocks. :D
    Check this out along with the order time. (:

I was either to wait for delivery or get a refund.

• @Nomad said:
    Well, mine was not ordered whilst they still had stocks. :D
    Check this out along with the order time. (:

I was either to wait for delivery or get a refund.

Wait until early next month and then hope they will offer better server with the same price.

• NomadNomad Member
    edited March 2015

mustafaramadhan said: Wait until early next month and then hope they will offer better server with the same price.

If that was my way of thinking my life would be nothing but waiting since there's always a possibility to get better stuff for less. Instead I think getting something when you think it's good is a way to go. Otherwise you have nothing but time. Also, they didn't run any promotions since a long while. ^^

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @mustafaramadhan said:
    Rent 1 IP failover in 17-03-2015 but no bill until now.

Ip will be billed at the end of the month with invoice for the next...

• NomadNomad Member

@coolice said:

And when you realize it ain't free and want to cancel it, most likely you will pay for one extra month.

• IPv4 are expensive almost everywhere in EU (exept ovh) we just get used to that... when they finished in US in next 2 years it will become the same

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2015

coolice said: exept ovh

Just wait until Oles (or whatever the new guy's name was) changes mind again :)
    I remember when they started charging monthly for the "free" IPs. There were a lot of unhappy customers.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • NomadNomad Member

Well, not bad... Benchs with Raid1 http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/03/19/R7p2zqPTSwOzE66F

I just wonder if this is worse than a Hetzner 1245/2600k/3700k when compared by price/performance/disk/ram

Anyway, I got it. Maybe it's time to cancel my KS1 since I have a SC Gen2 as well ^^

• @Nomad said:
    I just wonder if this is worse than a Hetzner 1245/2600k/3700k when compared by price/performance/disk/ram

Have a look at my i7-3770:

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/10/11/Gg9AqEnM7PIITqew

Thanked by 1Nomad
  • NomadNomad Member
    edited March 2015

Disk and CPU-per-core/price-wise Online.net seems better while Network and total cpu power and disk size seems better in Hetzner.

But Basic dDos protection and unlimited traffic in Online.net makes it appealing more... Of course, if your server is not €20 (:

• Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: What you offer for this ??

Exactly what do you mean?

• @coolice said:

This is more accurate; I had to order one on the last day of the month for a project and was billed the full month for that day, and then for the next month.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2015

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    What you offer for this ??

This is a sad place sometimes...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Nomad said: Network and total cpu power and disk size seems better in Hetzner.

Network is better at hetzner, are you kidding. Not to mention the ridiculous bandwidth terms (which rule out the server for most uses where you would even care about network...), hetzner is not known for "quality peering" or anything like that. Add the lack of DDoS protection which both OVH and Online.net offer for free.

Thanked by 3Dylan Lee frank
  • NomadNomad Member

@rm_ said:
    Network is better at hetzner, are you kidding. Not to mention the ridiculous bandwidth terms (which rule out the server for most uses where you would even care about network...), hetzner is not known for "quality peering" or anything like that. Add the lack of DDoS protection which both OVH and Online.net offer for free.

Just talking whilst looking at both benchmarks.
    I never had a Hetzner...

• RazzaRazza Member

@Nomad said:
    Well, not bad... Benchs with Raid1 http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/03/19/R7p2zqPTSwOzE66F

My benchmark http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/03/18/S2LOYBZ4bYBG0Kk1 just wondering why the uxixbench for all processors is 700 higher than mine

@rm_ said:

Network is also not that Bad you're talking about. They also don't have ridiculous BW terms. They do 20 TB for you for free. Have you ever used 20 TB on a Single Server ?? I wonder I haven't !

• Anyone can sell Dedibox 1115?

• boerndboernd Member
    edited March 2015

Network at Hetzner sucks compared to OVH, specifically the connection to end user ISPs is bad. Two examples: They have no direct peering with LGI (largest cable provider in europe), no direct peering with DTAG (largest DSL provider in germany). Also OVH have a lot of peerings with providers in north america (Comcast, Time Warner Cable, ...)

Thanked by 1rm_