Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

morher of summer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

morher of summer

Comments

• PhilNDPhilND Member

/facepalm

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Looks legit... Ordering a couple of 16GB dedicated VPS right now.

• 512GB of ram?

Yeah... Not happenin

• AsadAsad Member

Spanky!

• GUYS! Someone make a fake package for a 512GB RAM VPS for $7/mo.

• KairusKairus Member

@bijan588 Why not? The post is obviously talking about the node having 512gb. Looking at their IP address they're at WebNX who does custom servers with up to 512gb. The offer is 16gb for $50.

If the node has 512gb, say reserve 8 for the host OS. That's 31 16GB instances, so $1550/month. I'm not sure what a server like that would cost. I assume more than that per month though :P.

edited July 2012

@Kairus said: @bijan588 Why not? The post is obviously talking about the node having 512gb. Looking at their IP address they're at WebNX who does custom servers with up to 512gb. The offer is 16gb for $50.

If the node has 512gb, say reserve 8 for the host OS. That's 31 16GB instances, so $1550/month. I'm not sure what a server like that would cost. I assume more than that per month though :P.

Reserve 8GB for the OS? This is one hell of a OS..

I highly doubt they have a 512GB server.

Managed to build a similar server at a server configurator at liquidweb, ends at about 5.5k monthly, with 100mbps port. Add another 500-600$ for dedicated 1gbps

• KairusKairus Member
    edited July 2012

@LiquidHost 8gb for shits and giggles! I don't know how much ram the OS services would need in that case.

• @Kairus said: Why not? The post is obviously talking about the node having 512gb. Looking at their IP address they're at WebNX who does custom servers with up to 512gb. The offer is 16gb for $50.

That would cost a fuckton, when I used to rent servers I had a 128GB form DatabaseByDesign, it costed 700 a month.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited July 2012

FWIW, I was playing around with Dell server configurator and came up with a Dell R815 with 4x Opteron 6272's= 64 cores, 512gb of ram, and 6 TB of disk space, for $14,833, or "As low as $371.00/mo." through Dell business credit. Not that unreasonable.

So If they manage to sell capacity, then they'll be quite a bit ahead, depending on their colo costs. Since it's OVZ, they'll be able to interleave other containers, too, so they'll actually be able to sell more than 31 containers.

FWIW, the jump from 256gb of ram to 512gb of ram was $7520 :D

Thanked by 1klikli
  • KuroKuro Member

@Damian said: FWIW, the jump from 256gb of ram to 512gb of ram was $7520 :D

Most quad socket G34 boards I've seen only support 16 DIMMs so that price jump is going from fairly inexpensive 16GB DIMMs to over priced 32GB DIMMs :D

• DerekDerek Member

Supermicro H8QGi-F-O - $729.99
    Samsung DDR3-1600 16GB ECC/REG - 32x$154.99 = 4,959.68
    AMD Opteron 16-Core 6272 4x$485.99 = $1,943.96
    Supermicro CSE-825TQ-R700LPB - $545.99
    LSI MegaRAID SAS LSI9265-8i - $626.99
    HGST H3IK40003272SP 4TB 7200 RPM - 16x329.99 = 5,279.84

$14,086.45 and I highly doubt they used this configuration.
    Just to get a idea :&

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@bijan588 Meh, can get it for half that now a days

• If anyone is interested, here is their real whois (on the left side)

• AsadAsad Member

@djvdorp They're long here..

• WutDaF*Ck?!

• The offer is 100% legitimate and the node specs are exactly as listed. Can gladly testify it to a mod if required.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • How will buy that?

• TazTaz Member

Baahumbag.

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited August 2012

Mother of server...

• vahevahe Member

Where is @hostbluff

They have a new master configuration:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1184278

Guess the last one got filled....

• Just for the sake of clarity, below is a benchmark test from a live VPS.

==========
    [root@wh3 /]# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2000.141 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 2048 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime : 3 days, 4:50,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 91.6MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 17.7MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 16.8MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 6.01MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 8.03MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 640KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.64MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 15.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 22.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 46.6MB/s
    I/O speed : 430 MB/s

[root@wh3 /]#

Agreed, may not be ideal, but for the price we ask and for someone offering 24x7 support in true sense, is that really a bad deal? I can list atleast 50 top providers who cannot beat this price-spec combo for even two times of what we ask. I am not trying to draw any conclusions, neither do we intend to post any brand names in here.

I have said this earlier and I ll say it again. Its almost pointless to argue over such forums on whether or not the offer is a legitimate one especially when it is obvious to be stormed across majorly by other providers. I ll leave this to the end users to take a call on this and decide for themselves.

We do not make fake posts, claims. No high promises. You will get exactly what is assured, probably more but no less. Your resources are dedicated and we have a strict zero overselling policy.

I have said this in my earlier post. If any mod wishes to testify any of our posted info, we will gladly do that.

• He will post here soon i guess

• @web_host said: The offer is 100% legitimate and the node specs are exactly as listed.

Sure, go ahead and proof the node specs :) What hardware are you using?

• TazTaz Member

@web_host said: I can list atleast 50 top providers who cannot beat this price-spec combo for even two times of what we ask. I am not trying to draw any conclusions, neither do we intend to post any brand names in here.

If that is the case, you have no idea about your competitions. That is the most stupid comment I have ever seen in my whole stupid life (after Randy ).

And that benchmark? That doesn't clarify anything. I can pull up one of my fresh empty node and get more than 500mb/s. Big deal. Don't anger BigTim, CicsoFran and Italiano.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • I've googled a bit and it seems that this site is also owned by the same guy. Anyone want to try out the login data?

• Sure, go ahead and proof the node specs :) What hardware are you using?

If you did read it properly, I did say MODERATOR.
    So go ahead and flag the post to a mod. I repeat, if any mod is willing to testify the authenticity of any of my posts (not just this one), I would be more than happy to do so.

If that is the case, you have no idea about your competitions. That is the most stupid comment I have ever seen in my whole stupid life (after Randy ).

You seem to presume too much and make absurd assumptions about many things that you probably have no clue about. You probably thought that I am exaggerating over the number 50 and possibly have no clue about my competition. Well, I have tried many of the top providers (By top, I mean providers owning 2k+ servers and having their own facility). Now if you re-read my above post, I clearly said, for the price-spec combo.

And that benchmark? That doesn't clarify anything. I can pull up one of my fresh empty node and get more than 500mb/s. Big deal. Don't anger BigTim, CicsoFran and Italiano.

That node had 7 VPSs when this was tested. Below are the stats (straight from Solus):

V Servers 7
    Total Ram 28 GB
    Total Burst 28 GB
    Alloc BW 12.7 TB
    VT openvz
    Used BW 56.68 GB
    Used IP 23

Point number 1 applies here too. Just flag this post and we will gladly testify all of what we said to a mod.

I've googled a bit and it seems that this site is also owned by the same guy. Anyone want to try out the login data?

Yes you are correct. It is one of our reseller servers. The SS was probably taken as a part of some troubleshooting steps.

• @web_host said: Total Ram 28 GB

Total Burst 28 GB

Aren't we talking about the 512GB ram server here though? The results of this server is totally unrelated I'd say.