Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jonathan Nguyen resigns as GreenValueHost Operations Director - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Jonathan Nguyen resigns as GreenValueHost Operations Director

Comments

• @GoodHosting said:
    You can't get help in the US, you have to pay for help.

• @hellogoodbye said:
    I did, and the dispatcher herself said she had someone else on the line as we spoke so I would assume at least two people called. Why would anyone lie about something like this?

Because he's an attention seeking immature kid... that's why.

• @Licensecart said:
    Because he's an attention seeking immature kid... that's why.

I'm referring to the implication that some people were lying about making a call to the police, not about Jon's suicide threats.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited June 2014

hellogoodbye said: I did, and the dispatcher herself said she had someone else on the line as we spoke so I would assume at least two people called. Why would anyone lie about something like this?

Yeah why people are thinking someone did not call or are makinf false claims of it not happening is weird.

I was speaking to a woman dispatcher, she said hang on a secoond and then it was clear someone else called in.

I have the conversation recorded as it left from my desk line.

Unfortunately I think if he is of age there is not much the police can do. What someone should really do is track down his parents and send them a portfolio of all 3 instances of him talking suicide to prove just how mentally unstable he is. Afterall if you continually say it but never do it that still proves there is some sort of imbalance that needs to be addressed immediately. (perhaps a good spanking at the least)

Good on anyone who called or attempted to locate the proper channel to call. Just think if he does kill himself and it was discovered no one actually called. That would be just as sickening.

• darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited June 2014

@HC_Ro said:

yes, gvh john should not get away with this.
    has anyone checked his facebook freinds and seen if his mom or dad were there, that way someone can start a dialogue with them.

*edited per @GoodHosting's reccomendation

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

Who knows, he has used 2 last names for things so that could make it a bit harder to track. Someone call in Dr Mike for the job.

• @darkshire said:
    has anyone checked his facebook freinds and seen if his mommy or daddy were there, that way someone can start a dialogue with them.

While I do agree that even if it was a marketing / "crying wolf" stunt; or if it was a serious though of suicide, calling the police [ as decent human beings, regardless of our affiliation or lack thereof ] was the correct thing to do. Hell, I even agree that his parents should probably be notified considering the sheer amount of false suicide claims in this short amount of time. That being said, there's no reason to carry on with using obviously biased terminology like "mommy" and "daddy" to make your point come across.

I'm not defending anyone, but I do think we're all just stirring this pot.

• @HC_Ro said:
    Just think if he does kill himself and it was discovered no one actually called. That would be just as sickening.

Exactly.

My phone call didn't last very long, especially after I told her I was calling from Canada and didn't have much information to add to what she already had on hand about his "web business" (her words, not mine), but she confirmed the address with me and asked where I got it from before telling me they were going to send someone.

Like I said, I'd call a million times if I have to. There is always a chance that he might be serious, and I would rather not take that chance.

Thanked by 3perennate Pwner Liam
  • DylanDylan Member
    edited June 2014

@GoodHosting said:
    You can't get help in the US, you have to pay for help.

I get that's it's super cool to bash the US over everything but seriously, even jokingly implying that we don't care about suicide prevention is not cool and is also just plain wrong. The suicide rate here is, compared to other developed countries, not high (click for graph) and that's because of hard work (and spending) by both the government and private organizations. Like Canada and almost anywhere else, police absolutely will compel someone to go to the hospital -- forcibly if necessary -- if they're an imminent threat to themselves or others.

Thanked by 2Pwner Nickk
  • HC_RoHC_Ro Member

I like how he steps down as Director of Operations to Sales Manager but still posts under the LET account and also owns the company. What was CEO Lance and the board thinking??

Its not like the principal of XYZ mega corp accidentally drives the company into the groud and just gets demoted to regional director of sales. They get that early retirement package and leave the company.

And from what he has told be theres plenty of money for such a thing.

• Heck, DrMike should sign up here on LowEndTalk and investigate.

• StevieStevie Member

Jonathan Nguyen, Entrepreneurship Innovation Plan, third place.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/212253280/Pelham-Windham-News-3-14-2014

Is that Jon of GVH?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

HC_Ro said: the board

The board...lol...

• @Dylan said:

As I explained when one other person angrily PMed me about the same thing:

My joke was that in the United States, even emergency medical help such as psychiatric help required to treat a suicide risk patient is extremely expensive. Even if you are given the treatment and have a successful return; you live a life of debt for a good portion of years until you've paid off those bills.

I am in Canada myself, and we had just finished comparing Canada's medical system and treatment of those with a suicide risk, hence the basis for where my comment came from.

I do apologize if my statement appeared biased or targeting, it was simply a reply given the current sub-topic being Canadian Medical System [ treatment of suicide risk ] vs American Medical System [ treatment of suicide risk ] .

I also am in complete agreeance that even if the kid was just "crying wolf" again, calling his local police would be the correct move for a concerned individual, let it be a customer; or even a random passerby. We as human beings should be helping eachother, regardless of the circumstances.

That being said, I would agree that it may have been in bad taste, but I'm not the only one nudging at the issue. Please direct your passion instead to helping this person whom obviously needs to seek help.

• @Stevie said:
    Jonathan Nguyen, Entrepreneurship Innovation Plan, third place.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/212253280/Pelham-Windham-News-3-14-2014

Is that Jon of GVH?

yep
    https://db.tt/W6jZMkSC

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

hellogoodbye said: Like I said, I'd call a million times if I have to. There is always a chance that he might be serious, and I would rather not take that chance.

I called his cellphone and it clicked to voicemail every time, so I figured I would at least reach out to him prior to calling the police out of respect.

I am sure people have skimmed this thread but not only did he threaten suicide by a knife he also detailed how he was going to organize his thoughts for whoever finds him

GreenValueHost said: if I fail, I >will leave a handwritten note on my desk and post a copy of it here before I'm gone.
    Reality has never hit me this hard. It hasn't. And now that it has.. now that I have >nothing in my hands right now, I can't find it in myself to continue.

This is 11 minutes between posts. Seems like he actually was thinking about doing such a thing.

Also something to note is that his service is still down/offline. This means that per his prior post it has yet to be determined if he will do it or not.

• @HC_Ro said:
    Also something to note is that his service is still down/offline. This means that per his prior post it has yet to be determined if he will do it or not.

let it go man hes not going to.
    the 5-0 have already rolled through his house, and 100% surely to have notified his parents.

• StevieStevie Member

I found his facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/JonDaDancinWoner

Proof it's him - guess who's his friend:
    Lance Jessurun
    Chief Executive Officer at GreenValueHost

I search friends and dont see any family members we could contact - I tried atleast :-(

Thanked by 2darkshire Pwner
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

He has some people helping him investigate the servers hosting his WHMCS and SolusVM. It's a matter of public record that his WHMCS was hosted at RamNode, so I can say that without breaching any privacy concerns. SolusVM was hosted elsewhere.

• Nick_A said: He has some people helping him investigate the servers hosting his WHMCS and SolusVM.

Thats good to hear!

• We have gained access to our WHMCS server and whilst its clear that box has been compromised, we expect to be able to restore everything to a position about 10 mintues before the attack; We are still working on SolusVM, unfortunately DigitalOcean where we keep our SolusVM installation has some processing delays tonight which is delaying a snapshot we are taking of the server before restarting it, next update in 1 hr.

• GreenValueHost said: We have gained access to our WHMCS server and whilst its clear that box has been compromised, we expect to be able to restore everything to a position about 10 mintues before the attack; We are still working on SolusVM, unfortunately DigitalOcean where we keep our SolusVM installation has some processing delays tonight which is delaying a snapshot we are taking of the server before restarting it, next update in 1 hr.

GOOD JOB JON! :)

• FredQcFredQc Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    We have gained access to our WHMCS server and whilst its clear that box has been compromised, we expect to be able to restore everything to a position about 10 mintues before the attack; We are still working on SolusVM, unfortunately DigitalOcean where we keep our SolusVM installation has some processing delays tonight which is delaying a snapshot we are taking of the server before restarting it, next update in 1 hr.

You don't care about the people who called the police and was worried about you ? There is not just technical problems in life, Jon.

Fred

• @ChrisMiller said:

u can do it !!

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@GreenValueHost said:
    We have gained access to our WHMCS server and whilst its clear that box has been compromised, we expect to be able to restore everything to a position about 10 mintues before the attack; We are still working on SolusVM, unfortunately DigitalOcean where we keep our SolusVM installation has some processing delays tonight which is delaying a snapshot we are taking of the server before restarting it, next update in 1 hr.

It would be nice to know how it was compromised when you figure that out. Did someone have root who shouldn't have?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited June 2014

FredQc said: You don't care about the people who called the police and was worried about you ?

Previous comment deleted.

Jon PM'd me to say thank you for the concern and I think he's contacting others to say thanks.

• @FredQc said:
    You don't care about the people who called the police and was worried about you ? There is not just technical problems in life, Jon.

As I've said already, I don't care if he doesn't care. He can never apologise for causing all this fuss and even hate us for calling the cops on him if he wants.

He already stated that GVH is his life. I would rather he focus 100% on fixing those technical problems and getting things back on track than wallow in despair and feel like he has nothing left.

• Now http://www.greenvaluehost.com/ resolves to a centos server.. starting from scratch rather than restoring backups with backdoors i guess

• This thread makes me moist.

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy zionvps
  • @upfreak said:
    Now http://www.greenvaluehost.com/ resolves to a centos server.. starting from scratch rather than restoring backups with backdoors i guess

That's what you should always do, reinstall everything; maldet the backups, and restore as necessary.

This discussion has been closed.