Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asking VPS companies to adopt Paygol SMS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Asking VPS companies to adopt Paygol SMS

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

luis123456 said: Sorry but no. atleast no at this time.

So you expect companies to adopt a payment method that will cost them more money than if you spent 30 minutes and obtained a bank account? I'm not sure if you're just lazy or ignorant, but based on a lot of your comments on here and other sites I'm going with the later.

• luis123456luis123456 Member
    edited September 2011

KuJoe said: So you expect companies to adopt a payment method that will cost them more money than if you spent 30 minutes and obtained a bank account? I'm not sure if you're just lazy or ignorant, but based on a lot of your comments on here and other sites I'm going with the later.

Hmm, AFAIK, here in Argentina it isn't 30 minutes, it can take you a full day, or upto some months.

Boltersdriveer said: Get your friend to buy stuff for you and pay them back in cash...

Trust me I just thought of that.

• Still, you're going to need a bank account someday. Better do it now you got some time to waste then when you really 100% need it.

• I don't see why people don't just get a bank account with a debit card, or use prepaid or virtual cards. If none of those options are available to you, you have bigger problems than your inability to obtain a VPS.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2011

miTgiB said: Get smarter friends

How mean! :P They are smart in some ways but fail to realize that I don't know a thing about hacking! They are my school friends etc. Anyways, I don't really need it anyway, I didn't start this, I've got what I need for free anyways.

• I believe people like Luis would be able to get a bank account AND a debit card, whereas Infinity would not be able to do so due to age constraints (getting a debit card)

• There are accounts in some banks for young people... like >14 years, with the permission of their parents

yomero said: There are accounts in some banks for young people... like >14 years, with the permission of their parents

Not in this country. I'm allowed a bank account but no credit or debit card. No cheques. Only money in it. I am using it for savings anyway so I don't want to take out money, I want to save up for uni.

• So you expect companies to adopt a payment method that will cost them more money than if you spent 30 minutes and obtained a bank account? I'm not sure if you're just lazy or ignorant, but based on a lot of your comments on here and other sites I'm going with the later.

If a company writes that, then I will definitely not buy anything from them. They want to sell their stuff so they should also have some idea of customer service and allow the customer to pay. Have you seen any burgershop that sells only when you bring in gold? Probably not. Even though it is more reliable and stable than the shacky dollar or euro. But then again US companies are anything but customer friendly and are not capable of looking outside the box. They just live in their glass dome and expect everything to work like they are used to. Just compare UK based companies with the US ones. You will be much more friendly served here in the UK than in the colony.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited September 2011

Infinity said: Not in this country. I'm allowed a bank account but no credit or debit card. No cheques. Only money in it. I am using it for savings anyway so I don't want to take out money, I want to save up for uni.

I got a bank account at 11, and a VISA Debit card at 13

• kylixkylix Member
    edited September 2011

I got a bank account at 11, and a Debit Card at 13.

It may surprise you, but there are indeed rules that are still in the hand of the national sovereignty. ;-)

kylix said: They want to sell their stuff so they should also have some idea of customer service and allow the customer to pay.

Have you not read anything in this thread? PayGol takes 72% of every dollar so even if a company doubled their prices, they still wouldn't be able to cover their costs (assuming the costs aren't already overpriced as is). I highly doubt any VPS company on LEB or LET would be in business if their sole income was from PayGol. Who here would spend $30+/year on a 128MB BuyVM VPS when it's selling for $15/year normally?

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • kylixkylix Member
    edited September 2011

@KuJoe: As you could see from my comment I wasn't referring to one specific company offering payment methods. I was referring to the openness towards payment methods in general. Most US based companies do not go beyond the unrelaible CC payment. There are much better methods available that are additionally then usable by persons in countries where you do not get a CC right away. And I'm not talking about third-world countries here. Take Europe as an example. The CC is not really common. We have something called EC-cash which works much better. Paypal i.e. is just so successfull in Europe because it was the only US based payment provider that allowed us to use EC-cash. So you could simply pay US companies with your well known EC-cash and did not have to care about getting a CC somewhere.

However, paypal is not the best nor is it the only payment method possible. There are other ways of payment methods possible that might be much better for the customers.

And then, speaking about this specific company, if the customer wants to use a specific payment method, what hampers the provider to make special prices for special payment methods (except paypal due to tos)? I.e. if I pay cash I normally get a 3% rebate in some European countries. If I pay on normal invoice I won't. If I pay by wire-transfer which is initiated by them I again save some %.

• Daniel said: I got a bank account at 11, and a VISA Debit card at 13

I got my first bank account at 3 months old and Visa Electron at 10 years old.

edited September 2011

kylix said: what hampers the provider to make special prices for special payment methods

Most hosting-specific billing systems do not allow separate pricing. That being said, I would be pretty mad if I went to go buy something and found out it was more than double the price if I paid using a specific payment method. But even if they did, I don't think anybody in the world would pay $30/year for a 128MB BuyVM VPS when you can buy them for $15/year normally.

kylix said: Most US based companies do not go beyond the unrelaible CC payment.

Can you please provide some EU-friendly payment providers? I'm only familiar with Paypal, Google Checkout, and 2Checkout. We're always looking to add more payment provider options but, as you said, being US-based I really don't know what other countries prefer or use (I've never even heard of EC-cash before just now so any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated).

KuJoe said: Can you please provide some EU-friendly payment providers? I'm only familiar with Paypal, Google Checkout, and 2Checkout. We're always looking to add more payment provider options but, as you said, being US-based I really don't know what other countries prefer or use (I've never even heard of EC-cash before just now so any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated).

If you are talking about credit or debit, visa works just fine here. Barclays bank transfer is good. Visa is your best bet TBH.

• kylix said: If a company writes that, then I will definitely not buy anything from them. They want to sell their stuff so they should also have some idea of customer service and allow the customer to pay. Have you seen any burgershop that sells only when you bring in gold? Probably not. Even though it is more reliable and stable than the shacky dollar or euro. But then again US companies are anything but customer friendly and are not capable of looking outside the box. They just live in their glass dome and expect everything to work like they are used to. Just compare UK based companies with the US ones. You will be much more friendly served here in the UK than in the colony.

There is a difference between a proven successful sane payment method and a fly by night piece of crap that takes nearly 100% in fees and refuses to pay out.

• GaryGary Member
    edited September 2011

To the people who can't get debit/credit cards, surely you could add your bank account to paypal, and use direct debit or your country's equivalent to fund your account?

Gary said: To the people who can't get debit/credit cards, surely you could add your bank account to paypal, and use direct debit or your country's equivalent to fund your account?

Some dont trust PayPal. I would trust putting my credit card on PayPal but not really my bank account.

• kylixkylix Member
    edited September 2011

Can you please provide some EU-friendly payment providers?

@KuJoe: PaySafeCard, Clickandbuy, Moneybookers, Infin Payment, Tunz.

There is a difference between a proven successful sane payment method and a fly by night piece of crap that takes nearly 100% in fees and refuses to pay out.

Again, I wasn't speaking about one specific company. My text dealt with the situation in general.

I don't think anybody in the world would pay $30/year for a 128MB BuyVM VPS when you can buy them for $15/year normally.

If that's the reasoning than world-wide payment wouldn't make sense at all for Europeans as we can get that even cheaper and more reliable (same legal base due to EU regulations) here at home.

• I got what I was looking for, no need for all the mumbo jumbo.
    I feel good and bad, because although it was easier for me to get these VPS you say you don't trust it, well, what's happening?

• This has become a debate over credit cards and Paypal, @luis123456 .

• luis123456luis123456 Member
    edited September 2011

Which I have none of both. Plus, I got what I was looking for, do not write to me your pushposts. The only thing I can do, besides taking them into consideration for the future, is, for now, ignoring them. Can't do jack anything about it, so why should I worry?

I don't see why people don't just get a bank account with a debit card, or use prepaid or virtual cards. 
    If none of those options are available to you, you have bigger problems than your inability to obtain a VPS.

That's the spirit of LowEndBox: to cover even the most poor's needs. You can run a site in 24 MB of RAM, you can pay via SMS or cash. You say you must work hard and learn hard, well this does to the process, isn't it? I could be wrong, but I understood that when it says: "Because you are cheap. You are a starving student who does not have $50/month renting a managed VPS to host your forums. Or maybe you do, but you have accidentally spent $45 more than you should in the pub. After all we all want the best bang for the bucks, don’t we?" You do not need a credit card to enter into it, you can well pay by cash. Well, same exact situation here.

Add in: There are thousands of providers here, to the point of upto you don't know who is good and who is bad. Why should I send money to my friends? Who knows how much it takes to get to them the money, since they aren't nearby, and most here don't have a CC also. If it's BuyVM, stock may run out. The others, it may fail, well who will complain? It will be a helped screwup. That's why I prefer SMS. Atleast I can pay directly and know who I'm dealing with. Not as perfect as credit cards, but atleast it'll help now, in these hard times. I know I'm comparing apples to oranges, but that is to get you a rough idea of how I think and why this should be adopted: atleast one less hop under which my money should pass for :D.
  • marrcomarrco Member
    edited September 2011

KuJoe said: kylix said: Most US based companies do not go beyond the unrelaible CC payment.

Can you please provide some EU-friendly payment providers? I'm only familiar with Paypal, Google Checkout, and 2Checkout. We're always looking to add more payment provider options but, as you said, being US-based I really don't know what other countries prefer or use (I've never even heard of EC-cash before just now so any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated).

i live in Europe, and i use CC, Paypal and Google Checkout. Never heard about that Ec-cash.

Personally i use Paypal connected to a prepaid debit card for my personal use and Paypal connected to standard Visa card for business use.

marrco said: i live in Europe... Never heard about that Ec-cash.

Interesting...

Me neither :)

• kylixkylix Member
    edited September 2011

@marrco, @Infinity: If you're from the EU you should know it as there are two logos on every European debitcard. You normally have a sign on your bankcard that is a blue e and a red c and a chip but its not a CC its a normal bankcard. You also sometimes have a logo that is similar to Mastercard. But it is called Maestro. It is the electronic successor of Eurocheque.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocheque

Ah, My family use Visa so..

• Ah, My family use Visa so..

But you don't have a normal bankaccount with a debitcard? Because if so, then you have Maestro.

• kylix said: But you don't have a normal bankaccount with a debitcard? Because if so, then you have Maestro.

I have normal bank account with debit card (Visa Electron/Visa Debit).