Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which are better/faster - E3-12xx series or E5-26xx series? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which are better/faster - E3-12xx series or E5-26xx series?

2»

Comments

• @concerto49 can you please explain why E5s appear to be faster: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2013

@nickvanw said: can you please explain why E5s appear to be faster

Well that doesn't really work as a blanket statement. According to the benchmarks, E3-1270v2 > E5-2620. I don't know if they do these by 1 core vs 1 core or full CPU. Don't much care, I stand behind my dual E5-2620 and anyone who has used it has 0 complaints. You can talk about clock speed and you can reference this, or you can actually try your stuff on it and see that it works like a beast. Talk is cheap. My CPU sure isn't. That's a challenge for you @yomero :P

• @jarland said: E5-2620 and anyone who has used it has 0 complaints.

Yup I LOVE LOVE LOVE my E5-1620, they are wonderful CPUs

• @nickvanw said: @concerto49 can you please explain why E5s appear to be faster: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

It is faster since it has 6 cores. 6 x 2.0ghz Sandy Bridge is faster than 4 x 3.5ghz Ivy Bridge for multi-threaded applications that can take care of it. That's all. Per core E3 is faster.

• @Spencer said: E5-1620

You did it in purpose? That cpu is in another league

• He did not, WebNX sells them for dirt cheap.

Lucked out, I guess.

• E5-1620s are cheap, they are only around $300

• @rds100

Doesn't always mean more neighbours. :)

• @concerto49 said: It is faster since it has 6 cores. 6 x 2.0ghz Sandy Bridge is faster than 4 x 3.5ghz Ivy Bridge for multi-threaded applications that can take care of it. That's all. Per core E3 is faster.

@Spencer, Not sure if trolling or..