Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6.net? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6.net?

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2012

@sleddog naaah, you're one of the good guys here.
    I think :P

• @sleddog said: I think I can answer that.

vps6net and Dann Fry share a common hominid ancestry, going back several million years. Actually you are a part of that same evolutionary tree, which means that you are also connected to Dann Fry.

I hope this helps clarify the situation.

Best reply so far :)

• Been with VPS6.net since January 9th. So I've been with them 10 days. Feels like longer than that... anyway, I was going to post this after my first month with them but seeing as how LET may not be up that long I figured I'd give an early update. I did say I'd keep you guys informed about my service with them so far.

Fast connection. No network issues. The best support I've seen. I got a VPS from SecureDragon and the support there is super great too, but I haven't used the support there enough to say it's the best. I sent a presales ticket to Hostigation as well and it was answered quickly. I think these 3 providers probably have great support.

Anyway, back on topic of VPS6.net support. It's the best I've seen. I haven't opened but maybe 4 tickets and all were replied to in under an hour for sure. I usually don't have to open a ticket because their live chat has that Chris Parr guy on it all the time and he types very well and is real knowledgeable.

The owner of VPS6 has replied to my tickets once or twice I think and they are alike. There was one other dude Michael Stewart that also handled tickets nicely. Either all 3 are smart and reply fast or they're the same person.

Here is how they handled an issue where I found the IPs they gave me were on a blacklist. First I contacted the blacklist and the guy told me the following. I replaced my IPs with x.x.x.x:

---[START QUOTE]---
    As usual, the hotmail folks are clueless - they don't use this list.

We saw indications of bulk mail from that /24, including from systems
    with no reverse dns names. We don't accept mail from blocks that send
    bulk mail anonymously.

x.x.x.x smtp banner contains billsig.info listed on surbl and
    dbl.spamhaus
    x.x.x.x smtp banner contains cowhavi.info listed on surbl and
    dbl.spamhaus

Those (and probably others) need to disappear first. ServerGurus needs
    to address that issue.
    ---[END QUOTE]---

Then, I passed this information along in a ticket asking them for help.

Chris Parr: Our IPs should not be blacklisted, we'll take care of this immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Michael Stewart: Just an update for you, we've requested immediate removal from this blacklist and have permanently suspended the offending customer.

Please excuse us while we get this fixed for you as quickly as possible.

Michael Stewart: I have requested an update from five-ten-sg. As we do not control this entity, we are entirely reliant on their response time.

Jeremy Harnett: We are working on this, and will have it all sorted for you as soon as possible. As Michael mentioned, getting IPs delisted is not a simple process, but we have done all we can so far. We are simply awaiting a reply from the agencies in question, and will update you as soon as we can.

Michael Stewart: I am happy to report that your IP's have been removed from the blacklist now.

As you can see, they never left me hanging. They kept me updated and took care of it. How long do you think something like that should take? Coordinating with ServerGurus and the guy that runs the blacklist? 5 days. That's reasonable for me, especially since I was kept updated about it the entire time.

Thing is, I don't have a lot of issues while using these guys. They even use vswap on their OVZ nodes but their nodes don't crash. I've been on other providers using vswap and they would go down all the time.

If anything horrible happens and LET is still up, I'll keep you updated. If LET is down and something bad happens I'll post it on WHT. I'm talking corruption and unbearably bad service. That kind of stuff. I'm kind of split about suggesting these guys to others. If they get more clients they make more money, but that also increases the odds of other clients maybe making ticket response time go down, or node stability issues... or who knows what. Right now they are so good there's not much room for improvement so things can only get worse which sucks when you think about it that way. Or does it?

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

@Naruto said: x.x.x.x smtp banner contains billsig.info listed on surbl and

dbl.spamhaus
    x.x.x.x smtp banner contains cowhavi.info listed on surbl and
    dbl.spamhaus

I hate to be a pain but that's a domain reject, not an IP address one. dbl.spamhaus is for domain names, not IP addresses.

edit: By the way, you're still listed with spamhaus. They didn't get you removed.

reedit: Moot. Both domains got suspended by GoDaddy for spam.

• Why do people spam anyway? I wouldn't think you could really make money from it... unless like you spammed a bunch of stupid people that signed up for everything they went to.

• @Naruto said: a bunch of stupid people

Look at facebook, and how many users they have. Look at how they've made the Internet 'popular' for older generations. Now realize just how gullible many of these older folks are when it comes to technology, and how easy they would be to scam.

Now realize that the majority of our generation (and younger) are even worse off for not having the experiences of their elders.

• @Naruto said: Why do people spam anyway? I wouldn't think you could really make money from it... unless like you spammed a bunch of stupid people that signed up for everything they went to.

You send billions of messages.
    One person buys.

You have now made a profit.

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited January 2012

@Aldyric You make a very good point.

@Naruto It's usually part of some business scheme, usually schemes with very, very thin profit margins (if they are not completely fraudulent). We do our best to keep spammers away from our networks, but there are the uncommon situations where our IPs will be reported before we can detect abuse, which I apologize for. We will be happy to assist you further with any lingering issues.

Also, thanks for your kind comments above, they are nice to hear!

• Being Dan Fry or not from IonVM, this guy obviously knows what he is doing here. I originally got a VPS with IonVM in late August and it has had wonderful uptime. They always responded to my tickets, and were always on the live chat. I know what Dan does, he runs his host for a while and waits for someone to buy it. He isn't doing anything wrong and he definitely isn't providing any scam services. As far as I know, the owner of JaguarPC currently owns IonVM.

• I love the support so far. If someone purchased VPS6 the support could only go one direction: bad. Here's hoping that never happens... because if it does I'll investigate every new host and if they have good support and are always on Live Chat I'll be weary and call them out here. Better not happen. I'll be like "omg just take me with you don't sell me off."

• jamiejamie Member

I have been a VPS6.net customer for a few months now, and I have to say, I'm very happy with them.

Background: I'm a unix/network engineer, been working in the industry since 1995 or so. I grew up with sun pizza boxes and slackware 0.x -- I've watched the evolution, and I've had my files/presence/host (not only at home of course but) publicly on servers for at least a decade.

With that said:

Regarding customer service:

• VPS6 stands out from /any/ other provider I've had : They're both professional and personal; Understanding my tone on little or bigger issues, and addressing them pretty much instantly (I think once I had a ticket open three hours before it was fixed, but that was for a minor issue and it beats SLA of even the biggest hosting companies).
    • I love that I can hop on to their site, and talk directly with someone nearly 24/7. And I've 'tested' this -- I've chatted at 3pm, 9pm, 4am, 10am, they're fantastic.
    • My last two issues (minor thing about billing, one was a request from me to change my billing date) were both handled WITHIN A MINUTE of my request.
      They're simply fantastic.

On to their network:

• OK, one thing that they haven't adopted yet (as of 3/1) is IPv6 native, but I have tunnels (both of which have endpoints that are five hops or less away) that mitigates the issue.
    • They have primary routing (in US/Chicago) with ServerCentral, a very well connected provider with multiple data centers (and whose Ops Director I'm personal friends with, not to mention we've worked together at the same company in the past). I know their seriousness about moving packets.
    • Connectivity and bandwidth to sites is never a problem; infact, many times I am amazed at how close "I" am to various online properties.

I have nothing but good things to say about VPS6.

jamie rishaw ~~~~

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • NarutoNaruto Member
    edited March 2012

Now I don't feel like I get special treatment anymore. Turns out they have good support for everybody, not just me. Just an update though: I am still with them and I like it very much.

• https://vps6.net/templates.php do they allow p2p? or just legal torrents?

• My complaint is that I ordered a VPS in Turkey to use to test, only to be told after ordering and paying that vps's in Turkey are not available. This might not bother me so much if they hadn't been spamming the same advertisement all over wht every week, you would think if they ran out of a product they would say its no longer available. Wanting to give these guys a try they offered to let me wait what they said would be 3 days to have a vps available for me, but still to this date none has come available. Instead they keep trying to get me onto a vps in US or Germany, both of which I am not in need of.

When I got the first e-mail back telling me there was no Turkey VPS's available and to this point still today I feel like they used their Turkey availability as a bait-and-switch tactic, especially since they have not disabled the ability to order a vps in that location on their website. Their excuse to me was that they can't limit the amount of vps available by location, only as a inventory item overall. (In other words they are too lazy to add items to whmcs for each location, so they are using one item with a drop down box for selection of location which does not know if there is even a vps available in the location you select, it just assumes there is and takes your money)

Now, I did say they offered me a vps in another location... that is nice and all but I didn't order the product to be relocated to where it was most convenient for them. Also being led on for a week telling me there would be one available and then a week later (all the time having my money in their hands) tell me that there will be no Turkey VPS available in the near future. Now the only choice I have been given is to take a VPS in either Germany or US. I may take a vps in germeny, but if they can not move me to a node in Turkey by my next billing cycle, I will not be renewing my account with this business.

Support seemed quick enough to respond, but seeing as no solution has been reached yet I am a bit disappointed.

I hope others do not run into this same problem, and I am still hoping these guys can find a way to make this right.

• Not really surprising you are running into problems with them. I don't trust them because they wont fess up to their relationship with Alchymic networks.

They got the domains from Alchymic on Nov 3, 2011 according to this site
    http://www.dailychanges.com/vps6.net/2011-11-03/ and they don't want
    to talk about it.

Previous hosts linked with Alchymic have been what users of LEB/LET have
    referred to as pump'n'dump schemes, such as IonVM.

Just look here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1090816&page=3
    for all you need to know.

I think its funny the new owner of IonVM (JaguarPC) that bought it from the pump'n'dumpers suggests avoiding vps6 :)

• @TheLinuxBug said: Their excuse to me was that they can't limit the amount of vps available by location, only as a inventory item overall. (In other words they are too lazy to add items to whmcs for each location, so they are using one item with a drop down box for selection of location which does not know if there is even a vps available in the location you select, it just assumes there is and takes your money)

They could just set the field for that specific drop down field to "Turkey - OUT OF STOCK". That's what we do.

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited March 2012

@jamie said: I have been a VPS6.net customer for a few months now, and I have to say, I'm very happy with them.

Thanks for the comments, Jamie. We're still working on implementing IPv6, look out for an update regarding that later this month (at least for Chicago + LA).

@TheLinuxBug said: Support seemed quick enough to respond, but seeing as no solution has been reached yet I am a bit disappointed.

Though I don't know all the details here, it's true that we've been backed up on Turkey orders for some time. I'm very disturbed, however, by the way you've been treated, and I'd like to rectify this immediately. I'm checking our availability in Turkey at this moment, and have reserved an IP for you.

If it would not be inconvenient for you, could we set you up in Turkey now, and offer 1 free month of service (in the form of a refund) in addition? I feel that this would only be right considering the lost time we've caused you.

Please message me, or email me at [email protected], so we can get this resolved ASAP.

@JoeMerit said: They got the domains from Alchymic on Nov 3, 2011 according to this site

This is correct, however we have no further relationship with any of the entities mentioned above. I feel that I gave all the explanation necessary as to the ownership of VPS6.NET, LP in the first reply to this thread.

Thanked by 1Naruto
  • I have also had a great experience with VPS6. The support is absolutely amazing as I can go on live chat and Chris is basically always on. Also they happen to have their nodes in some pretty awesome datacenters.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2012

@vps6net I have received your messages and have also sent you and e-mail to the e-mail address you listed in your post. I am glad to see you taking an interest in helping me to resolve this issue and look forward to a positive outcome.

I will update further once this issue has been resolved.

Update: As of 3:50AM EST My VPS has been setup in Istanbul, Turkey. Thanks to Jeremy for his swift response and quick actions taken to correct this issue. Time to do a little testing.

• My complaint is that I ordered a VPS in Turkey to use to test, only to be told after ordering and paying that vps's in Turkey are not available.

I had the same experience. I was also told that there would be new ones available in 2 - 3 days, and that I could either go for a different location or wait for Turkey. I opted to wait and 4 days later I was given my login info.

Really, is that such a big burden?

Now I've been running this VPS in Istanbul for 10 days and have no complaints.

• @swsnyder The issue was resolved. Though my problem, unlike you waiting 4 days, I literally ordered on Feb 17th and didn't receive a vps until March 4th. Now these guys have been great about working with me, and my vps is now setup in Turkey and running great, but that was a bit of time to wait with no service. As I said things are working well now and I plan to return here once I have had the vps up for at least a month and let everyone know how my experience has been after using the service for a while. Until then, cheers!

• Hey

I've been using there VPSs for couple of months now.
    I've bought 2 and refunded after a week with 30% bandwidth usage, after a week just because i found a new coupon (25% + Double RAM for 3-6-12 months), and then again when they provided the (25% + Double RAM + Double Bandwidth for Yearly plan).
    I hope they are not that guy, because i like what they provide.
    Chris Parr guy is rarely fast because he is Lighting fast with support.
    BTW There emails don't deliver to Hotmail, and newly Gmail joined Hotmail about 2 weeks ago, i don't know if they fixed it yet.

If they scam i don't care bout the money ,Thank God, i just cant find someone that can provide what they do, well fanatical does but no (XEN, windows) and a bit more expensive.

• Almost sounds like you're taking advantage of them. As for the emails, try Google Apps. Hotmail is evil.

• Hey MRACHINI, thanks for the review, I'm happy to hear everything has been good so far!

@MRACHINI said: BTW There emails don't deliver to Hotmail, and newly Gmail joined Hotmail about 2 weeks ago, i don't know if they fixed it yet.

We've recently solved this for our system messages, though you may need to signup your server's IP/domain with Hotmail's SenderID program if you're still having trouble getting emails out. Let us know if you need any assistance.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Are there any coupons around that are even better than the DOUBLEBW one? ;)

• @Amitz said: Are there any coupons around that are even better than the DOUBLEBW one? ;)

Sure, I posted a 20%-off-for-life LEB exclusive the other day: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/1742/openvz-xen-and-windows-lebs-20-off-for-life-leb-exclusive

There's also a coupon "DOUBLEMYVPS6" for 25%-off + double RAM and bandwidth, but it is valid only for quarterly, semi-annual, and annual subscriptions.

Thanked by 1BluBoy
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2012

Thanks! I just took advantage of the "DOUBLEMYVPS6" Code!
    By the way: Are coupon'ed VPS orders not deployed instantly? Wouldn't be a show stopper if not - just curious...

• @Amitz said: Thanks! I just took advantage of the "DOUBLEMYVPS6" Code!

By the way: Are coupon'ed VPS orders not deployed instantly? Wouldn't be a show stopper if not - just curious...

Thank you! Setup should be instant, yes -- let me know if you still haven't received any details, and I'll check the order for you.

• AmitzAmitz Member

I haven't... Here is the invoice number:7341
    Thanks in advance!

• Looks like it was just setup and delivered. Out of curiosity, are you getting our emails straight to your inbox?