Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Spirit Thanks, missed that. Sorry Chris for it.
    What I wanted to say is that this kind of threads are useful and I am sure many ppl learned something from this.
    Ppl will go to extremes, true, they lose temper, again true, but that is bad in any context, I wish it would have been more civil at times, but otherwise it was an informative thing.
    M

• @Spirit I have asked him twice here in this thread to apologize and once on IRC. He said that "appropriate responses will be posted". Of course asking more than 3 times would be pointless. The occasional "I may have said things I regret" or "apologies to those who have been affected" isn't really saying much, since he offended more than just his customers. A heart felt apology will benefit him more than you think since it will show that he actually cares and will restore so faith into him and his business. But again, after asking 3 times I won't ask anymore.
    I have also told him on IRC last night that if he needs help he should ask for it. I gave him some advice in regards to KVM configuration and pointed him in the right direction. He is at an age where he can absorb knowledge extremely easy so I believe that if he reads that KVM documentation he will do a much better job at configuring his KVM servers, with the end result being that his customers won't complain anymore. There are others here who have more experience with KVM than I do, so he could ask them for help as well. This community is about sharing information and helping, so there is no point in arguing.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@marcm said: so there is no point in arguing.

While I agree this community is about sharing and helping, there was no known incident where 2 ppl got together and agreed in everything.
    Without arguments there is no right evaluation of one idea or another from the subjective point of view. Without a subjective point of view we can't even get to consider the objective aspects.
    Some ppl say .18 ovz kernels are great and stable, others like more the features of .32-like ones, shouldnt we allow argumentation so both parties bring the arguments in and we decide for ourselves ? Even if things go personal, such a debate will be informative and helpful for many ppl and might even bring new ideas and solutions to problems. If we all agree .18 are best, or .32 for that matter, a lot of ppl will go to bed without learning anything.
    Even if Avante does seem to have let down countless customers, we can't even agree if Chris apologized enough, not to mention the quality of service with which some ppl are happy and most that post here not, but we should consider the happy ones dont care to post here as they just use their VPS, pay it when it is the term and cant be bothered with anything else.
    He made many mistakes, will probably make more, should we hang him for this ? He does refund, he did apologize a bit, he seems to learn and slowly things get back to green. I think ppl expect too much from such a cheap service, they should at least test it before committing to something production-like, and if anyone doesnt know yet Avante Hosting has a shaky past, well, their loss...
    I would agree even with his offers being featured on LEB with the links here, so everyone has the opportunity to make an informed choice.
    M

Thanked by 1marcm
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@marcm said: But again, after asking 3 times I won't ask anymore.

Finally... Goodbye.

@Maounique said: I see Chris keeps his cool in spite of ferocious (fully deserved) attacks.

This is what amaze me the most. There was always some incident at LEB/LET with some strange people (Const... iwebhostu, etc..) and people under mass community attacks started to act agressive, insultive, but not this one - despite of his young ages he seems to want to fix things.

• TazTaz Member

To those who cares, on behalf of ChrisK, I am going to apologize and beg your mercy. Happy?

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited October 2012

@Spirit There is no need to be rude. I have replied to your last comment in a respectful manner, so I expect the same from you. Thank you.

@Taz It's his business, his customers and his public relations problem. I gave him some good advice when I talked to him. If he follows it or not is up to him. I believe that he can improve and fix everything, he just has to put in the time, energy and money, but if he does that then he @ChrisK will pull it off. At slightly over 700 comments that this thread contains I believe that everything that could be said has been said. I for one have nothing more to add and wish @ChrisK the best of luck with his business, and one last time: @ChrisK if you need help or advice just ask for it. It's about all that we can do over the Internet :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@marcm I know but being so stubborn newcomer without any good purpose can be at some point just tiresome. I mean all what was about to be said was already said here before your appearance and we really don't need you to bump thread up every single day with useless patronizing. Can't you just go finally? It's not about disrespect and you can be completely OK guy however do you really want to start your LET career as constant postbumping lecturing annoyance of one single thread?

• @Spirit If you would have taken the effort to read my last comment then you would have seen that I've already said that I don't have anything else to add. But you talking down to me again necessitated another reply on my part which further bumps up this thread. Just stop writing in a passive aggressive manner about me and I won't reply anymore. I hope that this makes sense. Have a great day.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@marcm said: If you would have taken the effort to read my last comment then you would have seen that I've already said that I don't have anything else to add.

That's slightly impossible if you Edit post to add this part after response is already written and posted. Nevermind...

• @Spirit There is really no reason for arguing over this, neither was I trying to upset you, but if I did I apologize.

In all fairness I think that we could all vote for having this thread closed or at least set to sink. I am for either one of those two options.

• Hope ChrisK manages to swallow his pride and make things work. There is an empty slot in my server farm that needs filled.

I would much rather see a young person pull his cajones out of the fire and do well, as opposed to seeing him give up.

Giving up on a major undertaking at a young age really sets the stage for future failure.

ChrisK is better than that.

Thanked by 1luxor
  • I am totally fed up with this avante hosting... My VPS down for past many days... when i contact support they are asking for screenshot.. my control panel says vps offline.. and i am not able to connect to VNC.. then what screenshot shd i give ?.. logging in to control panel itself takes 5 minutes.. and reply for tickets also very slow.. mostly get reply after 24 hours...

• I have forgiven them for taking my money away.
    :)

• Just experiencing the same problem, i just pmd @ChrisK now for refund, hoping it will get his attention coz clearly submitting ticket to them is like asking a wall. :)

• @juan: are you serious? just fyi i never got my refund.

• @cosmicgate I'm not. Just wondering how they choose of whom to be refunded. Because i can see people here getting their refunds, or maybe I'm just to lazy to read or misread their posts.

• @juan: I did NOT get a refund despite asking for it and that my VPS has been down for months or even trashed during their move to Dallas losing all my data. :(

• http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=8473735#post8473735
    Avant on the way back up?

@lele0108 good to here all is going good with @ChrisK

@ChrisK Good to hear there is some repuation being rebuilt and looks good.

• @ChrisK When are you going to deploy the design by Harzem? Couldn't help but notice the site in his portfolio and looks solid! Good luck building up again

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited December 2012

@Patrick
    Soon, we are still coding a WHMCS & Hostbill theme so once that's done we'll roll everything out at once. Probably another month, my dev is crazy busy right now :P

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@ChrisK I bet :)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Isn't that Jimmy from VortexUnit at WHT?

@Nick_A yes, it is.

• @chrisk: you still haven't refunded me. This is like the 5-6th time I've asked for it.Sure it'S a small amount and i know you are more than capable of paying but why are you being such a dick to me.

• @RobertJFClarke Do you know this "Avante" kid?

@Jeffrey I recommend doing your research, "Avante Hosting" is @ChrisK here on the forum.

• @RobertJFClarke I am completely aware of that. The question was, do you know him?

• @Jeffrey

I know Chris pretty well, he's a nice guy

• @lele0108 He may be nice, but can he be trusted after this disaster and before the disaster?

• @ChrisK Don't talk about anythimg if you don't know what you are talking about. Nick_A may oversell (I dont know) but it is the fastes LEB I ever got. Amazing i/o and network speeds