Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whmcs - hetzner widget (free)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

whmcs - hetzner widget (free)

hostdoghostdog Member
edited October 2012 in General

WHMCS - Hetzner widget is a WHMCS widget to display your Hetzner servers information.

It features a 10 columns table to display server's:

• IP
  • Server name
  • Type (Product)
  • Datacenter
  • Status
  • Due Date (next payment date)
  • Bandwidth In
  • Bandwidth Out
  • Bandwidth In & Out Compined
  • Bandwidth Limit

How to Install

1. Extract it in WHMCS-PATH/modules/widgets/
  2. Go and setup the widget to appear under Setup -> Administrator Roles

This is an open-source software. It is free for download. There is no guarantee or support for it!

Thanked by 1Oliver

Comments

• Would be even more great if it worked with any server from any datacenter. :)

• And it would be even more greater if any datacenter had the same API. :)

• PS. Sharing/Twitting our info/download page is highly appreciated :)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • YKMYKM Member

@hostdog said: hostdog October 8 FlagThanks

And it would be even more greater if any datacenter had the same API. :)

lol

• Not going to get much use now Hetzner are restricting how many IP addresses you can have.

• Is there any official announcement about this?
    What if someone want to install an SSL or create more VPS?
    Are they just going to refuse to provide more IPs?

• japonjapon Member
    edited October 2012

@PhilND said: Not going to get much use now Hetzner are restricting how many IP addresses you can have.

I can get as many subnets as I want using the Flexipack. Or is this only still available to older customers?

• @PhilND said: now Hetzner are restricting how many IP addresses you can have.

Can you blame them for this? Try to put yourself in their shoes - they can only get so many IP addresses and then they can either sell 1000 IPs to one customers or 1 IP to 1000 customers. Obviously they prefer the second option.

• @rds100 that's their problem, not the customers' problem. If there is a reason for using an IP the should provide it.

• I agree with being strict, but they should at least come up with a solution.

• Not all providers support IPv6.

• I can not agree more with you @Zen that IPv6 is the future, but I don't see that as a solution currently.

• @hostdog said: Is there any official announcement about this?

From their October newsletter:

In view of the scarcity of available IPv4 addresses, the European IP address administrator Réseaux IP Européens (RIPE) has for some time now been allocating IPv4 addresses to providers and network operators on a limited basis.

RIPE is now tightening up on allocation even further by distributing IPv4 addresses in small packets only.

Consequently, Hetzner Online has been forced to restrict its additional subnet offer.

A maximum of one "/28 Subnet" only can be allocated per server:

/29 (6 usable IPs) – 5.40 euros per month (plus Flexi Pack)
    /28 (14 usable IPs) – 11.20 euros per month (plus Flexi Pack)

For further details on IP allocation please see
    http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/IP-Adressen/en

Thanked by 1hostdog
  • @japon said: I can get as many subnets as I want using the Flexipack. Or is this only still available to older customers?

Don't think you can, go try and order another subnet ;) It effects all new IP orders.

We are now stuck with a server with one /27

• @Jack

We have totally ran out of IP addresses with Hetzner, I believe we have 2 left with them in total.

• Received this from them

"Hello,

our management team are the ones who decided that we could only allocate /28
    subnets. This is due to the shortage of IPv4 and is only going to get worse. I'm
    afraid we cannot make any exceptions. Even our largest clients with thousands of
    servers don't get /27 subnets any more.

Best regards"