Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

xfuse solutions dead pooled or not? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

xfuse solutions dead pooled or not?

12346»

Comments

• @erkin sorry xD I meant @PieNotEvenEaten

• Then it's OK. xD

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • AgaAga Member

noaman said: no vulgar discussions plz

I'm really sorry for the vulgarity

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • AgaAga Member

4n0nx said: A business owner leaving to have surgery performed without backup plan for the customers?

This.

It's not like @XFS_Duke woke up one day was getting ready to have breakfast and BOOM last second surgery and 20+ days absence.

• @Aga said:
    It's not like XFS_Duke woke up one day was getting ready to have breakfast and BOOM last second surgery and 20+ days absence.

Not unless he had a stroke, myocardial infarction, etc. etc. that was acute and had no warning signs. But without knowing the type of surgery he had or the illness (I'm assuming the surgery stems from one of his injuries from his previous accident) it's hard to say.

What I'm skeptical of is the fact that none of his associates (eg. his wife, that Mike Spears guy, other regular friends he might have) have stepped up just to briefly explain why he was gone for so long, especially when he knows LET is a quick and easy way for both rumours to spread and to get pertinent information out. If his story is true, I don't understand how any of his friends can stay silent and not come to his defense, especially with something as serious as a surgery and resulting infections.

And if he chose not to even disclose this information to anyone in the industry, leaving his customers (potential and actual) in the dark, it doesn't look good on him regardless of the reason. It's just plain irresponsible to go MIA for this long, especially when you run a company on your own.

Thanked by 2Aga k0nsl
  • The conversations get way too up close and personal here, IMO. Thought that as soon as I signed up here and the way people talk to hosts.

Clearly there are reliability issues here, but not sure why life stories, family etc are brought into it. Pretty dark and for the bystander, not useful or nice.

Simply say 'avoid this host and here's why' to anyone who may mention them.

• AgaAga Member

ricardo said: The conversations get way too up close and personal here, IMO.

I agree to some extend with that

ricardo said: not sure why life stories, family etc are brought into it.

I don't think most users would go after provider's family/personal life here. Although some providers open that door first.

As much as I would normally agree with you that the topic here should be just business in some cases the provider himself make the whole thing WAY to personal.

I'm in no way saying that this justify the sort of thing GStanley was talking/doing.

However it's really convenient come here and open up your personal life story as a means to shield yourself and then whine that people should "get a life of their own".

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2015

Yep, I wasn't directing that at you in particular, fwiw.

However it's really convenient come here and open up your personal life story as a means to shield yourself and then whine that people should "get a life of their own".

Just another sign of a host to stay away from. I don't think it's cold to be indifferent to their personal lives, it's business after all. I have no special place in my heart for web hosting providers :)

Thanked by 2Aga namhuy
  • What in the fuck?

Anyway, I had MRSA back when it was a big f-ing deal in the UK. My immune system is still shattered from it, fighting a flu now. I'm used to working remote, so that didn't help. I'm now back to taking Chris Traeger quantities of vitamins.

When I had MRSA, you only had 1 drug, and it was administered by IV. I was quarantined for just under 2 weeks. I did bring a laptop and 3G. When I got out, I was advised to use Hibiclens and avoid Triple Antibiotic, but use Muprocin as it attacks the rDNA, and triple antibiotics would not work easily. If Duke has either of those handy, he's got MRSA.

PS: I found out after 1 week, unplugging the vitals machine for the unused bed and using it's network RJ45, I got internet just by plugging in.. Total access to the network. Looking back, so much overage could have been saved, and so much HIPAA violation was present.

YMMV on the internet connections at hospital, I got connectivity on one by spoofing MAC of the printer that previously inherited the port. Same with a cruise ship, etc. ($1.00 per minute is theft even at sea RCCI!)

Thanked by 3grillmaster Aga netomx
  • emgemg Veteran

Based on @XFS_Duke's own writings LET over a long time, I would never buy anything from @XFS_Duke.

Still, surgery is no fun. Someone I know once said, "There is little difference between surgery and a knife attack, except that in surgery they use clean knives." Post-operative infections are no fun either.

To others: Try to avoid jumping to conclusions. Sometimes you do not have time to prepare when surgery is required. It has to happen now.

Because I have family members who have been through the same things, I empathize with @XFS_Duke and his family. I wish that he did not have to undergo surgery and post-operative infection. I hope he recovers fully and quickly.

• Why wasn't XFS_Nicole responding to tickets in his absence? isn't she staff @ XFS ?

• @JoeMerit said:
    Why wasn't XFS_Nicole responding to tickets in his absence? isn't she staff @ XFS ?

Well to be fair.. You'd like to think she would be by her partners side in this time of need right?

That is if she's real.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Here is how my leg looks now.

While I have no obligation to reply to any of you except customerz, I haven't been around a computer lately due to certain things. I finished my meds and hopefully on November 6th when I go to the surgeon again I will schedule my knee replacement. Hopefully that goes well so I can walk again. But, I'll gladly give any of you my shoes if you want to walk in them.

Either way, regarding things running properly, from here on out until I get back on my feet properly, I'm cutting back on things. Customers servers will still be up and running but I'll shut off new orders until things notmalize. I had someone who was supposed to handle some things for me, they did, just ended up getting another job and didn't tell me.

My apologies to any customer affected. I certainly hope this is the last time I have issues like this.

For the people who are genuinely concerned and compassionate towards something like this, the latest surgery was to remove the metal from my tibia in order to give me more motion and remove the parts that would hinder my knee replacement.

I've got some work to do and people to answer. Hopefully things from this point forward go like they should. But I'll do my best to ensure nothing like this happens again. And the reason nobody came here to tell my business is that I keep things like this generally in the family only.

Thanks to the people who understand and aren't negative Nancy all the time. I've had enough of that lately.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@XFS_Duke said:
    Here is how my leg looks now.

While I have no obligation to reply to any of you except customerz, I haven't been around a computer lately due to certain things. I finished my meds and hopefully on November 6th when I go to the surgeon again I will schedule my knee replacement. Hopefully that goes well so I can walk again. But, I'll gladly give any of you my shoes if you want to walk in them.

Either way, regarding things running properly, from here on out until I get back on my feet properly, I'm cutting back on things. Customers servers will still be up and running but I'll shut off new orders until things notmalize. I had someone who was supposed to handle some things for me, they did, just ended up getting another job and didn't tell me.

My apologies to any customer affected. I certainly hope this is the last time I have issues like this.

For the people who are genuinely concerned and compassionate towards something like this, the latest surgery was to remove the metal from my tibia in order to give me more motion and remove the parts that would hinder my knee replacement.

I've got some work to do and people to answer. Hopefully things from this point forward go like they should. But I'll do my best to ensure nothing like this happens again. And the reason nobody came here to tell my business is that I keep things like this generally in the family only.

Thanks to the people who understand and aren't negative Nancy all the time. I've had enough of that lately.

Get well Duke - wishing you speedy recovery and a healthy surgery.

• callistocallisto Member
    edited November 2015

@XFS_Duke

Customers servers will still be up and running but I'll shut off new orders until things notmalize.

I'm sorry to hear about your medical problems, but as a customer I'm pleading to please have someone look into the support tickets, my sites have been down since November 10. I've been trying to contact someone at Xfuse through tickets, twitter, skype, facebook, mail & telephone.

server Alpha has been down for almost a week now :(

• @XFS_Duke get well soon buddy, don't let the condition beats you.