Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndSpirit at Singapore - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndSpirit at Singapore

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@AnthonySmith Leaseweb also has a Hong Kong datacenter, any plans for that one?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@rm_ iirc someone else Ryan, David or it might have even been Oliver was looking in to HongKong, if not then sure I might give it a shot, will be a few months though.

• @AnthonySmith
    I ordered a vps in Singapore: Product/Service: KVM Mini VPS - MiniKVM-256-SINGAPORE.
    But I received a vps with Netherlands Location.
    I sent a ticket: #871070

manlivo said: @AnthonySmith I ordered a vps in Singapore: Product/Service: KVM Mini VPS - MiniKVM-256-SINGAPORE. But I received a vps with Netherlands Location. I sent a ticket: #871070

Fixed. sorry about that.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Fixed. sorry about that.

@AnthonySmith Thank you!

• FritzFritz Veteran

Where is LES SG location? Cant find it on website.

Fritz said: Where is LES SG location? Cant find it on website.

http://littlehappycloud.net/singapore/

• FritzFritz Veteran

I mean the one from Lowendspirit with openvz (not KVM).

• SG actually has more disk space and IPs compared to other locations...

Fritz said: I mean the one from Lowendspirit with openvz (not KVM).

That's because it was not ready until about 60 seconds ago :)

DalComp said: SG actually has more disk space and IPs compared to other locations...

That's right its a 12 disk raid 10 server, so it seemed pointless not giving more space away, I also convinced leaseweb to give me a /64 which is not what they usually do (Thanks Edwin) so I was able to offer a /96 instead of a /112

Thanked by 2MuZo Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • wlsiewwlsiew Member

May I know can OpenVPN use one of the 20 TCP and 20 UDP for incoming NAT? Thanks.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2015

@rm_ said:
    AnthonySmith Leaseweb also has a Hong Kong datacenter, any plans for that one?

It was David who was considering it, although not sure about the LeaseWeb part.

It would be a very interesting location, that's for sure.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi

wlsiew said: May I know can OpenVPN use one of the 20 TCP and 20 UDP for incoming NAT? Thanks.

Yes you can, @Nyr even made an automated installer: http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=235

Thanked by 2Nyr ATHK
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Great work Ant, more additions to the kingdom :P

rsk said: Great work Ant, more additions to the kingdom :P

Cheers :)

Probably one of the last locations for a while, I will be concentrating on getting all LES locations to offer a KVM LittleHappyCloud option instead.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    I also convinced leaseweb to give me a /64 which is not what they usually do (Thanks Edwin) so I was able to offer a /96 instead of a /112

What? Data centers won't give you a /48 (or at least a /64) if you request it? You have to convince them to give you a /64? That's depressing to hear. :(

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • cececece Member

haha ,get one

edited July 2015

KuJoe said: What? Data centers won't give you a /48 (or at least a /64) if you request it? You have to convince them to give you a /64? That's depressing to hear. :(

Leaseweb... what can I say, despite being leaders in IPv6 day promotion they only allocate a /112 as standard, they wont route IPv4 for customers and charge $5 p/IP and limit you to 8, none of that makes sense.

But it is what it is.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2015

KuJoe said: What? Data centers won't give you a /48 (or at least a /64) if you request it? You have to convince them to give you a /64? That's depressing to hear. :(

They only announce a single /48 for their entire SG datacenter at the moment: http://bgp.he.net/AS59253#_prefixes6
    I'd say it's pretty depressing, not so much for us, but rather for them, as it's them who now get silently dropped from many people's lists of "sane DCs you would ever rent a server from", and it's them who don't seem to have staff with proper understanding of IPv6 (and perhaps don't even realize any of the above).

edited July 2015

@rm_ that explains why a /48 was not even entertained :) leaseweb are a mix of 1995 thinking and 2020 thinking sadly when they smash in to each other it all ends in 1+1= 7.apple

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited July 2015

Great!

Please approve my order. Invoice #326

Fritz said: Please approve my order. Invoice #32660

^ that is my pet hate.

But ok I will have a look :)

• FritzFritz Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    But ok I will have a look :)

Haha, I know that, but I'm too anxious to try your SG location.
    You are online anyway. :p

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • tommytommy Member

Fritz said: Please approve my order. Invoice #32660

I got my server in a minute :P

• yywudiyywudi Member

I'm considering whether move my current JP LES to SG or keep waiting till Linode JP online...

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited July 2015

@tommy said:

Mine was approved within a minute too. :p

edited July 2015

yywudi said: I'm considering whether move my current JP LES to SG or keep waiting till Linode JP online...

I still am not 110% sure I will move it to Linode or when it will happen if I do, and I don't mind moving you twice :)

It has not been officially announced yet but anyone can move any LES to any location at any time now just with a ticket requesting it (data included).

The only Limit on this is 1 move per month per server, but I hope to automate it this year so people can do it themselves.

*that applies to Inception Hosting ran locations only.

• yywudiyywudi Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    *that applies to Inception Hosting ran locations only.

thanks, Anthony, just don't want to bother your twice if in a "short" time :D
    OK, then let's move...

yywudi said: OK, then let's move...

Just put a ticket in I will get it done.

• blusmurfblusmurf Member
    edited July 2015

Not sure if it's intentional to keep the price low, but I'm getting 140ms latency from Malaysia. Traffic is routed to HK first, before went to Singapore node.

Tracing route to XX
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     3 ms     1 ms     1 ms  192.168.1.1
      2    29 ms    49 ms    35 ms  58.71.244.1
      3    23 ms    22 ms    34 ms  58.71.243.138
      4    99 ms   281 ms    27 ms  58.71.243.53
      5    31 ms    31 ms    26 ms  58.71.243.49
      6    25 ms    25 ms    31 ms  58.71.244.246
      7    26 ms    24 ms    25 ms  58.71.241.21
      8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      9    69 ms    68 ms    68 ms  172.22.134.29
     10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     11   152 ms   204 ms   202 ms  202.146.80.166
     12    69 ms    69 ms    71 ms  ix-1-1-3-0.tcore1.HK2-Hong-Kong.as6453.net [180.
    87.112.77]
     13     *      103 ms   103 ms  if-7-2.thar1.HK2-Hong-Kong.as6453.net [180.87.11
    2.142]
     14   102 ms   104 ms   103 ms  if-3-2.tcore2.SVW-Singapore.as6453.net [180.87.1
    63.26]
     15   104 ms   102 ms   102 ms  if-20-2.tcore1.SVQ-Singapore.as6453.net [180.87.
    96.21]
     16   151 ms   140 ms   141 ms  180.87.96.34
     17   143 ms   145 ms   143 ms  te0-0-2-0.cr02.sin-11.leaseweb.net [103.254.152.
    199]
     18   155 ms   154 ms   154 ms  yeah-no.ce01.sin-11.leaseweb.net [10x.x.x.x]

19   212 ms   158 ms   161 ms  XX

Trace complete.

I'm riding on Maxis ISP. Hopefully there's any fellow Malaysian that can share their traceroute from TM Unifi.