Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodhosting BHS1 down. - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Goodhosting BHS1 down.

Comments

• I added him to sz1hosting's group thing on Skype and he left, I wonder if that woke him up!

• @linuxthefish good idea bro!

So he is around, and doesn't bother to reply or announce anything.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@linuxthefish portabilty he turned into a sloth and you woke it up.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited April 2015

@linuxthefish said:
    I added him to sz1hosting's group thing on Skype and he left, I wonder if that woke him up!

Bad, bad hosting and co.

I'm sorry. I just wanted to bump this.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited April 2015

How can one guy do this? Just leave everyone blank.

Thanked by 1iKocka
  • Pretty easily, apparently. Surely this thread could be shut and Mr Goodhosting banned from advertising here? Aside from the murmurings of 'told you so' etc you usually get with these poor hosts, it doesn't seem like there's any more mileage in the topic.

Thanked by 3Mark_R netomx Pwner
  • @ricardo said:
    Pretty easily, apparently. Surely this thread could be shut and Mr Goodhosting banned from advertising here? Aside from the murmurings of 'told you so' etc you usually get with these poor hosts, it doesn't seem like there's any more mileage in the topic.

I highly doubt he'd be banned.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited April 2015

I don't think he should be banned. I don't think he would come back advertising anyway. Don't forget he is an autist and autists generally don't handle criticism well, they just hide and hope the problem would go away or the cruel world would leave them alone. So just leave the guy alone and move on with your life.

• rds100 said: I don't think he should be banned. I don't think he would come back advertising anyway. Don't forget he is an autist and autists generally don't handle criticism well, they just hide and hope the problem would go away or the cruel world would leave them alone. So just leave the guy alone and move on with your life.

I didn't know autism was a free pass. Hey everyone, don't worry about the money you paid him for a service you didn't receive, because autism.

Thanked by 24n0nx TheLinuxBug
  • evilghaleon said: evilghaleon

No, you still should get a refund for the money you paid if the services were not delivered / not functioning. But there is no need to troll him additionally by calling him, calling his family, etc. Just get your money back and move on.

Thanked by 2comXyz netomx
  • ATHKATHK Member

@rds100 said:

Haven't got any money back due to the fact that he's non contactable nor active.. So...

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited April 2015

If he is not active to the point of not answering paypal disputes, you should be able to win there...
    I think you can now file a paypal dispute after up to 6 months of the transaction date?

• ATHKATHK Member

@rds100 said:
    If he is not active to the point of not answering paypal disputes, you should be able to win there...
    I think you can now file a paypal dispute after up to 6 months of the transaction date?

Not that I can see, plus its not a physical item they will side with Good hosting... Unless you for some reason lie about what it is..

I'm sure he'll answer a PayPal dispute but nothing else.

• ATHK said: I'm sure he'll answer a PayPal dispute but nothing else.

Well you can only give it a go I suppose. At least it might make him take some action.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Anyone have it resolved?

• ATHKATHK Member

@nightowl said:
    Anyone have it resolved?

No lol, I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not.. I moved on after the first outage. I just wanted to know what was happening.

• @ATHK said:

Keep bumping it, I'd like some updates from this :-)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@MSPNick said:

Same, I had two instances there, and used those for about 3 months.

• ATHKATHK Member

@MSPNick said:

Contacted Caroline from Mewzor, turns out Damon owns 2% of her company, tech support etc. She had the exact same contact numbers as we did, said his mobile broke a year ago and he hasn't fixed it.

Long story short she's rethinking his position in her company. My main goal was to get a contact number, turns out she might get rid of him, which isn't what I wanted to happen but that's her choice.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I envision a furious bidding war between the two great white knights of the deadpool - @XFS_Duke and @MSPNick - fighting over this corpse.

Thanked by 3martip07 netomx switsys
  • doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited April 2015

evilghaleon said: Don't forget he is an autist and autists generally don't handle criticism well

This is easily 90-95% of LET/LEB

Thanked by 2linuxthefish Pwner
  • @raindog308 said:
    I envision a furious bidding war between the two great white knights of the deadpool - XFS_Duke and MSPNick - fighting over this corpse.

I can't if no contact is being made on his side...

• ATHK said: Contacted Caroline from Mewzor

Maybe she's trying to contact him like us. When I visit the Mewzor website, there is nothing except the cgi-bin folder.

• smansman Member
    edited April 2015

Jesus some of you guys sure are forgiving if it means saving a few pennies. If one of my servers goes down for 5min I have people threatening to cancel and demand money back.

Heaven forbid I don't answer their troubleticket in under an hour at 3am on a Sunday morning. OMGzzz that is just unacceptable to them.

Thanked by 2Mark_R ATHK
  • Time to just let go... I did, ages ago. It was a poor service from the start. There's nothing to be gained by flogging a dead moose.

• Yeah, I had an instance on BHS1 when he disappear. Now, I have bought my own BHS node, so no more downtime. Summer is coming, heh ? :P

Thanked by 2ATHK TheKiller
  • ATHKATHK Member

@sleddog said:
    Time to just let go.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • so is anyone actually still satisfied with goodhosting? I imagine there are a few nodes that havent totally fucked up?