Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Carefull with IgniteServers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Carefull with IgniteServers

imauimau Member
edited November 2015 in General

I saw their promotion here and bought one VPS from them. It has been a hell. I have tried to explain to their support that the ip they assign me doesn't always point to my VPS.

I can log using VNC, but the password is not accepted using ssh. Also if I reinstall the vps I can access it for a while then the connection gets reset. When I try to connect again, I get a warning saying the server key has changed and the password is no longer working. I think it's obvious that I'm connecting to a different vps.

Is my english that broken that I can't explain myself ?

All the support tells me is that my vps is up and they can ping it.

Comments

• Looks like two servers share the same IP address. Happens often and it's totally annoying.

If IgniteServer won't fix uhm... cancel?

• good or bad English, you'll need to provide some evidence :)

• ask for a refund and find someone else

Thanked by 1RiverM
  • Get a refund and go elsewhere. In future don't buy from web hosts that are only a mere 3 months old and have barely any reviews. It'll save you headaches in the future.

• I asked for a refund, they closed the ticket.

Thanked by 1RiverM
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @imau said:
    I asked for a refund, they closed the ticket.

Could you attach screenshots of your ticket here? You can block your name and IP(if shown) out...

• imauimau Member
    edited November 2015

imgur.com/JQqycBi

screenshot of the ticket where I asked the refund

• Are you currently experiencing problems? Just received a message from uptimerobot that my servers with them are not reachable.

• @imau said:
    imgur.com/JQqycBi

screenshot of the ticket where I asked the refund

Thank you!

Honestly, it's clear they're complete idiots. Did you pay via PayPal? I presume so.

Could you prove that the VPS keys keep changing? If so you have very, very good evidence.

• Need proof that the vps keys is always changing.

@IgniteServers

• @IThinkUFailed said:
    Could you prove that the VPS keys keep changing? If so you have very, very good evidence.

Yes, I have taken screenshots and sent them to their support

• imau said: Is my english that broken that I can't explain myself ?

Your English is fine, they are just not looking at the MAC address on their router to see if it is your assigned MAC address. They most likely have an old cancelled VPS that had your IP and is still running, so it will not be visible in Solus from the admin side. But when you login via VNC and ping soemthing, you wake the IP up on your MAC, then the old VPS steals it back on it's next ARP update.

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited November 2015

I'd bet good money they have no protection against guests stealing other guest's IPs. Anyone doing minimal research should see these guys are a joke - they know nothing about networking.

Why did you give them your money when there are established, reliable hosts around?

• Seems like IgniteServers are drunk:

See Primary IP in the top and then Assigned IPs in the bottom.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

tr1cky said: See Primary IP in the top and then Assigned IPs in the bottom.

Typically assigned IPs are for additional IPs on top of the main IP. At least that is how it is done in whmcs in my experience.

Edit: NVM, I see what you mean

• On the plus side, his refusal to issue a refund is hopefully evidence they are hurtling into bankruptcy at roughly the projected rate...

• LeeLee Veteran

Really no surprise.

• They do a great job and almost achieve the standards they set for themselves:

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited November 2015

@tr1cky any luck getting service credit under their SLA?

ps @imau - in point of fact, your english is better than his.

• @miTgiB said:
    Your English is fine, they are just not looking at the MAC address on their router to see if it is your assigned MAC address. They most likely have an old cancelled VPS that had your IP and is still running, so it will not be visible in Solus from the admin side. But when you login via VNC and ping soemthing, you wake the IP up on your MAC, then the old VPS steals it back on it's next ARP update.

Tim it's probably a OpenVZ VPS. Remember how often two VPSs shared the same IP address? SolusVM IP assigning going wrong.

I suppose OP has their OpenVZ although they also offer KVM. @imau did you buy their OpenVZ or KVM VPSs?

• @tehdan said:
    tr1cky any luck getting service credit under their SLA?

ps imau - in point of fact, your english is better than his.

Well, I have two server with them, both for 3.39$/y.

I won't ask for any SLA credit on them since they probably already make a loss hosting me since they moved to Psychz and Psychz isn't as cheap for IPs as OVH is, where they previously were.

• kvm vps

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

They change and add locations more times than i have change my underwear. Oops giving my secret away!

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    They change and add locations more times than i have change my underwear.

You should really change your underwear more often.. and probably shower more too...

Thanked by 217brownj TheKiller
  • PieNotEvenEaten said: They change and add locations more times than i have change my underwear.

Don't you go commando?

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

imau said: kvm vps

If multiple servers would have the same IP assigned at any given time you'd have it in your system logs. That should be your first thing to look for.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@mikeyur Very true! I will find a ebook on that. The name will be "Ignite servers can't assign a new ip to the customer" My new slogan "My ass stinks with a passion"

• @miTgiB I know you sell KVMs. One quick question. Did it even happen that SolusVM assigned a already used IP address to a KVM container that then pulled it over DHCP?

I know it happens often with OpenVZ. Had to open little more than a few tickets to solve several cases of this matter with OpenVZ across a lot of providers.

• @IgniteServers

You were on 6 minutes ago, ignoring the thread?

Change his IP or issue a refund, and apology.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten