Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting | Canada/KVM/PREMIUM DDoS Protection/Native IPv6/SSD Cached/Hourly Billing!/NO BS!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting | Canada/KVM/PREMIUM DDoS Protection/Native IPv6/SSD Cached/Hourly Billing!/NO BS!

About My Custom Hosting

My Custom Hosting was registered back in 2009 and has been providing hosting to customers for almost 8 years. We aim to offer your the most features at the lowest price possible. With multiple offsite backup locations, CloudFlare, Softaculous and Nginx+Varnish, and KVM VPS, we feel we are almost there but if you have any suggestions to a feature we should add to our lineup please let us know!

Standard Features

• SolusVM Powered
  • Native IPv6
  • Powerful Intel E5 CPU's
  • RAID 0 + SSD-Caching
  • NO BS!
  • DDoS Protection (Provided for free via OVH PRO DDoS protection, ticket to have this enabled full time or on demand (default).)

Recent Changes

• Hourly Billing: Plans available at https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?gid=8!
  • New Templates: Debian 8 and CentOS 7.1503.01 templates have been added! Network script was updated to support systemd.
  • IPv6: You are now allocated a /112 automatically per VPS.
  • These promotional plans do not come with any sort of backup at all! Nightly backups may be purchased for $1 monthly. We utilize OVH FTP service to provide backups. This is to be assumed as ON-SITE.
  • We utilize RAID-0 and SSD Cache. You are responsible for your data.
  • Added CentOS 7 template!
  • Created a script to set up networking when installing from an ISO. Can be found in KB!
  • Added CentOS 7 ISO.
  • Added CentOS 5 x86 / x86_64 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x86 / x86_64 templates.

KVM Canada Offers

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Black Friday!

In celebration of Thanksgiving and Black Friday this year I wanted to give some free resources away! These will be very easy to obtain. On the order form select the add-on you would like. Understand you may only choose one add-on. Selecting multiple will delay deployment of your additional resources.

You may choose 1 of the following:

- 50% More Disk Space

- 50% More Transfer

- 1 Extra IPv4 Address

Add-ons are provisioned manually, VPS will provision after payment confirmation, as always.

Hourly Billing Deal:

- Add credits for using hourly (or otherwise) and receive 50% extra! Limited time only!!! (Add $1.00 get $1.50!)

Plan Name: LET-BF-1GB-10GB-1TB-MONTHLY

Virtualization Platform: KVM

Guaranteed RAM: 1 GB

Swap: 1 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 10 GB

Premium Transfer: 1024 GB

IP Space: 1 IPv4 + /112 IPv6

CPU Cores: 1

Monthly Cost: $4

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=151

Plan Name: LET-BF-2GB-20GB-2TB-MONTHLY

Guaranteed RAM: 2 GB

Swap: 2 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 20 GB

Premium Transfer: 2048 GB

CPU Cores: 2

Monthly Cost: $5

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=152

Plan Name: LET-BF-3GB-30GB-3TB-MONTHLY

Guaranteed RAM: 3 GB

Swap: 3 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 30 GB

Premium Transfer: 3072 GB

CPU Cores: 3

Monthly Cost: $6

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=153

Plan Name: LET-BF-4GB-40GB-4TB-QUARTERLY

Guaranteed RAM: 4 GB

Swap: 4 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 40 GB

Premium Transfer: 4096 GB

CPU Cores: 4

Quarterly Cost: $21

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=154

Plan Name: LET-BF-512MB-10GB-4TB-YEARLY

Guaranteed RAM: 512 MB

Swap: 512 MB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 10 GB

Premium Transfer: 4096 GB

CPU Cores: 2

Yearly Cost: $18

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=155

Reviews

Review #1

Review #2

Review #3 - "In my opinion, when it comes to real world performance of SSD-cached KVM nobody beats MCHPhil
My large databases finish report runs 3x to 5x faster then other similarly spec'ed low end providers, and only some pure SSD run them faster.
Note: I have been a very happy client of MyCustomHosting since August (2013) and highly recommend you try them."

Review #4 - "I agree, very dependable - best uptime of any of my boxes. I have never had issues.
Unfortunately, as a result, I now have higher expectations of my other providers."

Review #5 - "Nice deals! I recommend this provider to everyone looking for serious performance and reliability... one of the best (if not the best) VPS I got on LET in the past year or so."

Review #6 - "During my semi-annual check of all my node's performance I run a Serverbear. I was very pleased with the report for my node at MyCustomHosting."

Review #7

Custom Plans

• Contact me and we will see about working something out. Let me know what you are looking for and at what price.

Windows Allowed?

• Yes, with a few caveats.
  • You must own a retail license for a server OS that is licensed correctly. You will need to submit proof of this.
  • No bizspark or MSDN / Technet etc.
  • No trials.
  • Please open a ticket and this can be taken care of!

Payment Types Accepted

Paypal & Bitcoin & Credit Card (via Paypal)

KVM Plans

Available Here

Locations

The KVM VPS in this offer are hosted in Montreal, Canada at the BHS-OVH facility.

Speed Test / Traceroute / Looking Glass

Montreal KVM Looking Glass

Contact

E-Mail / Ticket

Thanks!

Thanked by 2risharde FrankZ

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2015
    • Add credits for using hourly (or otherwise) and receive 50% extra! Limited time only!!! (Add $1.00 get $1.50!)

Adding credit to pay for next year at 33% off. Thanks Phil, your the best.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Noticed OVH isn't charging to move IP's between servers anymore, would love to get every node moved to something faster :) The newer e5's with more RAM. 128 or 256GB.

• You said the assignment of the BF resource bonus was manual, do I need to ticket in to ask for it? Or will it happen at some point without that?

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited November 2015

@Setsura said:
    You said the assignment of the BF resource bonus was manual, do I need to ticket in to ask for it? Or will it happen at some point without that?

They are handled in bulk every few hours. I do not know if I will get to another batch tonight or not, if not early morning.

If you order a BF deal it will happen manually without ticket. If you would like to create a ticket, feel free. I will update it when you are setup :)

• I'm confused -- do you offer hourly billing? If I add credits, can this apply to renewal of active services?

• @amhoab said:
    I'm confused -- do you offer hourly billing? If I add credits, can this apply to renewal of active services?

MCHPhil said: - Hourly Billing: Plans available at https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?gid=8!

MCHPhil said: Hourly Billing Deal:

• Add credits for using hourly (or otherwise) and receive 50% extra! Limited time only!!! (Add $1.00 get $1.50!)

Yes! :)

• Would these credits also work for non-hourly services? I have 3 KVMs with you, so if I could apply this promo to those, that'd be great.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited November 2015

@amhoab said:
    Would these credits also work for non-hourly services? I have 3 KVMs with you, so if I could apply this promo to those, that'd be great.

Exactly, yes! :) @FrankZ did the same, from his post at least :)

• MCHPhil said: Exactly, yes! :) @FrankZ did the same, from his post at least :)

Correct, I paid for the next years service now and saved 33%. It was a great customer loyalty reward. Thank you.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @MCHPhil I have a 256mb KVM from 2 years ago. Which one would be best, cancel the previous one and buy the LET-BF-512MB-10GB-4TB-YEARLY, or open a ticket requesting upgrade?

Thanks.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited November 2015

If disk space is equal between the plans, upgrade is possible. If is it not equal, it is simpler to cancel and buy.

Edit: Fixing are = is.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Ah, I thik I just cancel and buy.

Thanks buddy.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @MCHPhil - Thinking of ordering. Are these deals still active? Additionally any chance for a yearly 256MB KVM or the ability to split the 512MB KVM in 2 (and use the 2nd IP for the second VM?

Thanks,

• @jeromeza said:
    MCHPhil - Thinking of ordering. Are these deals still active? Additionally any chance for a yearly 256MB KVM or the ability to split the 512MB KVM in 2 (and use the 2nd IP for the second VM?

Thanks,

I could likely see about splitting the 512MB KVM in two for you. If you have any questions please let me know!

• Superb service! Instant deployment, up and running in 5 minutes!

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @MCHPhil said:

It be great if the 512 can be split to two. I buy it if its workable.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @masterqqq said:

No problem! It can be handled sir!! :D

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited November 2015

@MCHPhil said:

Ordered I added credit but have yet to receive the 50% extra credit, is it manually included?

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited November 2015

@masterqqq said:

Yes, it is added manually. You do need to pay full price for at least the service and then add funds later with credit (for renewal). Sorry for the confusion.

• @MCHPhil said:
    Yes, it is added manually. You do need to pay full price for at least the service and then add funds later with credit (for renewal). Sorry for the confusion.

Ok do I send a ticket to have the kvm split into two.

• @masterqqq said:
    Ok do I send a ticket to have the kvm split into two.

Please see two most recent VPS information emails for the two VM's details. In the future please place tickets for all support requests :)

• @MCHPhil said:
    Please see two most recent VPS information emails for the two VM's details. In the future please place tickets for all support requests :)

ok

• When is the Hourly Billing Deal over? I'm thinking of going for it today, if it's still available.

• @amhoab said:
    When is the Hourly Billing Deal over? I'm thinking of going for it today, if it's still available.

Are you looking for a hourly VPS? Or just to take advantage of the add funds deal?

• I have three VPSes with you, and was looking mainly for the add funds deal.

Hourly is great for my use case, but I'm stuck on Terraform-supported providers for that.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @amhoab said:
    I have three VPSes with you, and was looking mainly for the add funds deal.

Hourly is great for my use case, but I'm stuck on Terraform-supported providers for that.

The add funds offer is still active. I asked because I have had a heck of a time with the hourly billing, to the point I have dropped it. I hoped to do this without much custom coding but it looks like it will require completely custom coding to accomplish.