Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EUserv: Dedicated server for 6€/12€ with 2GB/4GB RAM and 160GB/1000GB HDD in Germany
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EUserv: Dedicated server for 6€/12€ with 2GB/4GB RAM and 160GB/1000GB HDD in Germany

Hi,

found this offers and thought others might be interested:

Offer: EUserv Misurfi LC5
CPU: Intel Atom D425 (Single-Core 1.8 GHz)
RAM: 2 GB (DDR2)
HDD: 160 GB SATA2
Traffic: 100 Mbit/s unmetered
Location: Jena, Germany (AS35366), IP for example out of 81.7.0.0/18
Setup: 11.90€ (12.70 US$)
Price: 5.90€/month (6.30 US$)

Offer: EUserv Misurfi LC10
CPU: Intel Celeron J1800 (Dual-Core 2x 1.8 GHz)
RAM: 4 GB (DDR2)
HDD: 1000 GB SATA2
Traffic: 100 Mbit/s unmetered
Location: Jena, Germany (AS35366), IP for example out of 81.7.0.0/18
Setup: 11.90€ (12.70 US$)
Price: 11.90€/month (12.70 US$)

Link: http://www.euserv.com/en/dedicated-server/misurfi-rootserver/v7/misurfi-lc.php

The network in Europe is good, they have their own datacenter with tens of thousands of servers. The server have an IPv6 connection as well. Delivery might take several days.

Thanked by 2arpanjot earl

Comments

• Kimsufi is still better with free DDoS Protection.

• Is anyone willing to share their experience with us regarding this provider and these servers?

• I had another Misurfi server with them in Juli 2013. Server was ok, but their network policy is strange.
    They blocked port 23 for some IPv4 ranges outgoing, not incoming. At first I assumed i misconfigured anything, but after writing a support ticket they told me they blocked the port before anything happend for security reason.

They state this in their AGB

4.2 For security issues on servers or server network, THE PROVIDER can temporarily block ports and network segments of individual servers or network segments and the smooth continued operation of the network. This applies in particular times of attacks on the network server or single server (eg, DOS attacks, worms and Trojans).

Temporarily means permanent... They would unblock the port, but only with good reason.

Thats all I can write about them. I discontinued the server after learning about such restriction.

Thanked by 2geekalot earl
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@raphaj said:
    I had another Misurfi server with them in Juli 2013. Server was ok, but their network policy is strange.
    They blocked port 23 for some IPv4 ranges outgoing, not incoming. At first I assumed i misconfigured anything, but after writing a support ticket they told me they blocked the port before anything happend for security reason.

They state this in their AGB

4.2 For security issues on servers or server network, THE PROVIDER can temporarily block ports and network segments of individual servers or network segments and the smooth continued operation of the network. This applies in particular times of attacks on the network server or single server (eg, DOS attacks, worms and Trojans).

Temporarily means permanent... They would unblock the port, but only with good reason.

Thats all I can write about them. I discontinued the server after learning about such restriction.

Didn't they have a Valid Reason for the Block of Port ??

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Dunno why anyone would like to use port 23 anyway, unencrypted.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2015

raphaj said: They blocked port 23 for some IPv4 ranges outgoing,

TCP port 23 is Telnet (the old and unencrypted "SSH", if I need to explain)...

Nobody sane uses Telnet over the Internet today, even if someone somewhere has the Telnet port open to the Internet, it's most likely by mistake and is a security vulnerability.

They would most likely block outgoing Telnet to prevent automated scans for such vulnerabilities from their servers.

• @rm_ said:
    They would most likely block outgoing Telnet to prevent automated scans for such vulnerabilities from their servers.

In that case, the port is not blocked temporary, but permanent. This is not stated in their AGB. If they had included: "Port 23 outgoing is blocked permanently because of ..."

This would have been totally fine with me.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • cassacassa Member

rm_ said: Nobody sane uses Telnet over the Internet today, even if someone somewhere has the Telnet port open to the Internet, it's most likely by mistake and is a security vulnerability.

Err, helloow? towel.blinkenlights.nl

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Ah, 5.95EUR +VAT not included VAT and just with 160gig no DDOS protection.

But as they said: That is the minimal configuration, so hopefully we get a 500GB drive if someone orders.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Infinity580 said: Ah, 5.95EUR +VAT not included VAT and just with 160gig no DDOS protection.

It's still 100 Mbit unmetered, and hey it's not France. So not too terrible of a deal.

• kazukenkazuken Member
    edited April 2015

J1800 seems like a good deal. it supports virtualization, makes a nice test box. a good inbetween of the kimsufi ks-1 and the online.net avoton, since neither kimsufi or online.net have a virtualization compatible server for ~10EUR

• @Infinity580 said:
    But as they said: That is the minimal configuration, so hopefully we get a 500GB drive if someone orders.

What do you mean by that? The page seems to clearly lists 160GB as the included disk size, not "at least" 160GB. Have you heard/read something about them giving larger disks than ordered?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@user123 just read?

http://www.euserv.com/en/dedicated-server/misurfi-rootserver/v7/misurfi-lc5.php

"The server is equipped with at least an Intel Atom CPU and a 160 GB hard drive. "

Thanked by 1user123
  • facepalm lol. If someone signs up and gets a 500GB drive, I'd definitely consider it :P

Thanked by 1oijpghjighoji
  • earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

very nice share.. thank you. another one on my list to try.

actually anybody know about their validation process? do they need a scan of your passport?