New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr giving $100 for 60 days

Nice deal IMHO.

https://www.vultr.com/freetrial/

Require a $2.5 from your CC to test(will give it back later), but you can throw in $5 in your account to avoid this.

For those who want to help me out a little bit:
http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6805139

Comments

• What might be the catch? $100 free trial credits is good to be true for a $2.5 linked fee.

• creepcreep Member

why does it have to be 60 days? i would like to keep my credits as long as i want.

• AlanBAlanB Member

Seems like a nice deal.

Thanked by 2DaveA J1021
  • @creep said:
    why does it have to be 60 days? i would like to keep my credits as long as i want.

Maybe Vultr should join Github's student package... @DaveA

@MuServers said:
    What might be the catch? $100 free trial credits is good to be true for a $2.5 linked fee.

Well, it's Vultr, not GVH...I believe they do know what they are doing...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

creep said: why does it have to be 60 days? i would like to keep my credits as long as i want.

Vultr is not a large host like DO or Linode, they can't afford doing promos that would be even half-way generous, so all of their coupons or specials always have crappy conditions like that attached.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

rm_ said: crappy

You may not like it, but Master_Bo should be very happy for his calculation instances.

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited March 2015

This offer is not good for people with VULTR affiliates programs. With all that credit for 60 days, nobody will use any more of their own money for at least 60 days.
    Now I get paid around $100 each month, since most of my signups pays after 30 days. But this will not happen with this new promotion. So I will think I will see a drop in payment fro Vultr so long this promo last.

• tommytommy Member

said: For those who want to help me out a little bit: http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6805xxx

from OP

myhken said: For those who want to help me running my reviews site, i also have a aff.link: http://www.vultr.com/?ref=680xxxx

what are you doing?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2015

@myhken said:
    This offer is not good for people with VULTR affiliates programs. With all that credit for 60 days, nobody will use any more of their own money for at least 60 days.
    Now I get paid around $100 each month, since most of my signups pays after 30 days. But this will not happen with this new promotion. So I will think I will see a drop in payment fro Vultr so long this promo last.

For those who want to help me running my reviews site, i also have a aff.link: http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6802732

In my humble opinion, you shouldn't even earn money from webhosts when running a review site. You can declare your independence as often as you want, it always has that smell. Is there no chance to finance your site with other means or Adsense? This would add a lot of credibility to your reviews (which are not bad at all)!

• @Amitz said:
    In my humble opinion, you shouldn't even earn money from webhosts when running a review site. You can declare your independence as often as you want, it always has that smell. Is there no chance to finance your site with other means or Adsense? This would add a lot of credibility to your reviews (which are not bad at all)!

Always said that I did not want to have ads on my sites. But of course, aff.links is a sorts of ads. I only have two affiliates that make me real money, Vultr and DO. And I still going to post honest reviews about them.
    Etc, if you look at my last review of IwStack, I have a aff. link there also, but I was really honest about my issues with them, and that I have moved to another host for some time.

On my next review of Vultr (in some months) I will of course mention all the downtime in Amsterdam this week, but also that they gave a full month of credit for every instance in AMS that was affected. Thats is both a bad thing (all the downtime) but also a good thing with the free credit, without asking for it, and far beyond their SLA.

But I'm using lots of money on my hosting, with two spare live backup servers, DNS failover service etc etc, so I need some money in. I have since 2005 written reviews and used thousands of dollars on reviewing hosts, so time to get some back.

I will still only do review of host I actually use, and/or have plans to use.

Thanked by 1im_jmz
  • @tommy said:

What do you mean? It's allowed to post aff.links here at LET?
    Or do you ask what we (I'm) doing so I "deserve" some aff.link income?
    Se my signature about my review/benchmark site.

• using VULTR VPS about 1 year and still love them :D

• fuck off with the aff links.. click on a thread to see what the updates are and its just some d-bag aff beggers.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • @JoeMerit said:
    fuck off with the aff links.. click on a thread to see what the updates are and its just some d-bag aff beggers.

Is he forcing you to use aff. Links? If you have problem, then remove aff link and use simple one.

myhken said: For those who want to help me running my reviews site, i also have a aff.link

You already get $100/month in free money, and yet you're greedy for more? Disgusting

Thanked by 3hostnoob Infinity Rapta
  • @TheKiller said:
    Is he forcing you to use aff. Links? If you have problem, then remove aff link and use simple one.

nope but I come to the thread to see/participate in the discussion, not to see douchebags trying to fight for a piece of the aff link action.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

@myhken - I removed your aff link, sorry but this thread is about Vultr and what they are offering not what you are loosing as a result. It appeared like a begging request.

No issues with promoting an aff link where it is right to do so or adds value. But this thread will turn into a link fest as everyone else puts theirs up. So no.

I suggest you raise your issues with Vultr directly.

• @creep said:
    why does it have to be 60 days? \

Because it's a trial for a paid service.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Ohn) no, not the aff link war again....

Hitler!

• J1021J1021 Member

creep said: why does it have to be 60 days? i would like to keep my credits as long as i want.

Deposit them from your own pocket then.

rm_ said: Vultr is not a large host like DO or Linode, they can't afford doing promos that would be even half-way generous, so all of their coupons or specials always have crappy conditions like that attached.

Vultr are providing 2 months free service up to the value of $100, how the hell is that anything but generous?

kcaj said: Vultr are providing 2 months free service up to the value of $100, how the hell is that anything but generous?

Because they know nobody needs $50/mo VPSes (more expensive than a beefy dedicated server), so that limitation on the credit makes it entirely useless, much worse than even $30-50 with a year's expiration time.

• @rm_ said:
    Because they know nobody needs $50/mo VPSes (more expensive than a beefy dedicated server), so that limitation on the credit makes it entirely useless, much worse than even $30-50 with a year's expiration time.

You can use the credit to create multiple VPS servers in several location then. 10 locations for two months, monitoring uptime, network, load etc. Then you really can test them out.

• DaveADaveA Member

@myhken said:
    You can use the credit to create multiple VPS servers in several location then. 10 locations for two months, monitoring uptime, network, load etc. Then you really can test them out.

Yes, exactly!

• DalekOfSkaroDalekOfSkaro Member
    edited March 2015

That's a pretty sweet offer! Nicely done, Dave!

Thanked by 1J1021
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Spin up 2 $50 web servers, then get them to DoS each other, see which one wins! It's just like Robot Wars but even shitter!

• lazytlazyt Member

Nice offer too bad that my account is old.

• Jazzy8999Jazzy8999 Member
    edited March 2015

keep getting this error "PayPal may not be used with this promo." , okay lets try with CC payment.
    Used 3 mastercard and 1 visa and signed up with my wife account, and use her cc, but declined all of those credit card. Lol ... like mirantis billing system, declined my card but actually they charged the card, and my bank noticed me there was $1 credited from my card lollllllllll

• @JoeMerit said:
    fuck off with the aff links.. click on a thread to see what the updates are and its just some d-bag aff beggers.

So always give readers a choice to get rid of the aff link...

• @DaveA said:
    Yes, exactly!

How's RAID going?

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • J1021J1021 Member

rm_ said: Because they know nobody needs $50/mo VPSes (more expensive than a beefy dedicated server),

I've heard of several cases where users are using the high-tier plans at Vultr. Are you basing this entirely on your own usage needs? Are you proposing the high-tier plans at Vultr are purely for show?

so that limitation on the credit makes it entirely useless, much worse than even $30-50 with a year's expiration time.

This offer is anything but entirely useless. Vultr are offering 2 months free service up to the value of $100. Though this I want this, I want that, spoilt brat routine is typical of the user base at LET.