Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenHostBox - How should I proceed about it?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenHostBox - How should I proceed about it?

Dear All,
You may check my suggestion post which later turned into a mini review post about @GreenHostBox here http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/37731/about-greenhostbox-ghb-comments-and-status#latest

Now after my last post I was hoping that the service would get better and I was assured by the @GreenHostBox guy John that they have shifted the server to a better provider but now again since almost 6 hours the service is down. GreenHostBox website is down and all my WHM, CPanels and websites are down. So I just wanted to ask you guys that what is the threshold before one posts a review about a good or a pathetic service. And also how should one proceed to get the provider service marked here at LET so that next time the people who purchase the service know the status of the provider?

Comments

• said: So I just wanted to ask you guys that what is the threshold before one posts a review about a good or a pathetic service.

To my mind, you need 3-6 months with a provider to really have insight as to how they run their operation, although clearly if you've had absolutely no service for a month then it's pretty clear they're shite.

said: And also how should one proceed to get the provider service marked here at LET so that next time the people who purchase the service know the status of the provider?

You can't do that. Just post your review, and anyone who bothers to search before buying will come across it, as long as you title and tag it properly.

• @Nekki yes you are right about giving the right title and tag. About the service time what is even in one month the provider has more downtimes than one can handle? like 3-4 downtimes with each downtime spanning over 12-24 hours.

• gtrax said: About the service time what is even in one month the provider has more downtimes than one can handle? like 3-4 downtimes with each downtime spanning over 12-24 hours.

Sometimes providers have crappy times, but if you're prepared to stick by them, they improve. Obviously multiple large periods of downtime closely clustered together are not a good sign, especially if you're not being given a satisfactory reason for the outage - transparency is important with a good provider.

• I wonder if nodeserv and frantech had crappy times? there prices are almost the same as these guys but they have excellent.
    Once in while crappy times is ok but every week is i think not at all good time. @GreenHostBox use to comment about @Greenvaluehost but I think their service is now at the same level.

• immy said: I wonder if nodeserv and frantech had crappy times?

I don't know about nodeserv, but BuyVM definitely have had their problems in the past, but they've dealt with them well and kept customers updated.

• immy said: about @Greenvaluehost but I think their service is now at the same level

Sincerely, GVH servise is not so bad, for several months now. Indeed, it is quite good for the price. And, without all that drama after the ban in LET, crappy behavior from Jon here, unlimited... lies and continued unrealistic offers almost every week, their service has really improved. I host an icecast server there with airtime installed in a 512 box in their AMS location and works fine, a rtmp repeater in another box and a backup mail server in a third.

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited December 2014

I apologize for this downtime as this is not the normal standards of the services we provide. Our CSF Firewall in our shared/reseller server had an outrage and blocked all incoming traffic. The downtime occurred unexpectedly occurred during the night which was why everything was inaccessible for quite a while. Everything has been resolved in early morning. I will be more than happy to provide you a full refund due to the unsatisfactory of our service.

• @GreenHostBox. It is the 4th time with in last 30 days. And it is all on record at http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/37731/about-greenhostbox-ghb-comments-and-status#latest
    So how long should one keep saying okay when you apologize. Yes you are better than others who even do not apologize or simply vanish and do not return when they have a major downtime. The service time has been around 75-80% max. You have offered a refund that is a good gesture on your part as a provider after such a long downtime. I think we can discuss on it. I will keep this open for suggestions and comments.

• Honestly, I've never encountered a problem with GHB on the vps side.
    I dunno about shared hosting but my vps experience has been rather good.

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited December 2014

@vladka24 have you read this thread and the other that i posted the link? Do you get any idea how much downtime his web hosting has had. I am not the one who objects without proofs and facts. I want things to be pretty clear. It is good to hear the your experience has been good but what do you say about my experience. @GreenHostBox has admitted about the downtimes, the current as well as the previous ones. I am just asking for suggestions that how should I proceed. And to be honest @GreenHostBox has offered a refund which on his part is right but people here should know how one's experience was with a provider (be it one of the Top10 or be it anyone else.).
    So your suggestion ?

• I mean shit happens. I doubt John is just slacking off doing nothing about these downtimes I bet he's busting his ass off trying to get stuff sorted.

Him offering a refund is just so he can cover while he can get stuff sorted, my suggestion is to wait it out while he takes care of these downtimes.

I bet in the long run once all this is sorted you'll be a very happy customer.

@gtrax said:
    vladka24 have you read this thread and the other that i posted the link? Do you get any idea how much downtime his web hosting has had. I am not the one who objects without proofs and facts. I want things to be pretty clear. It is good to hear the your experience has been good but what do you say about my experience. GreenHostBox has admitted about the downtimes, the current as well as the previous ones. I am just asking for suggestions that how should I proceed. And to be honest GreenHostBox has offered a refund which on his part is right but people here should know how one's experience was with a provider (be it one of the Top10 or be it anyone else.).
    So your suggestion ?

• Well i know there are some hard times that is why i am still discussing it with him. You can see from my posts how long I have maintained communication with him. But he just stops responding and his website gets inaccessible (problem with service has nothing to do with website being inaccessible so something is wrong somewhere and he has to fix it quick), you can check yourself I am still giving him my support. And I will keep this up for a longer time just to keep the reviews for new comers so it will be good for john if he fixes things in the long run.

• @Greenhostbox service down once again. No reply from anyone from that end. Another dip in the quality. I wonder what is the reason this time?

• @gtrax said:
    Greenhostbox service down once again. No reply from anyone from that end. Another dip in the quality. I wonder what is the reason this time?

Probably the same as last time ;)

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited February 2015

Well the @GreenHostBox service is back now after almost 5 hours (but there is no reply to the ticket regarding it). The service has been relatively stable, around 18 incidents in last 40 days each incident being around or less than 1 hour. But today it was a longer downtime. Improvement than before. I will keep updating about the quality.

• @ATHK well lets see when the reply comes :). I hope the reply is an improved one.

• What is preventing you from moving out of GHB?

It started in November and it's now February. Per your previous posts, there have been 18 short incidents in the last 40 days.

If have customers under my account, I will move out otherwise my customers will cancel their services with me and find a different host.

• @gtrax said:
    Well the GreenHostBox service is back now after almost 5 hours (but there is no reply to the ticket regarding it). The service has been relatively stable, around 18 incidents in last 40 days each incident being around or less than 1 hour. But today it was a longer downtime. Improvement than before. I will keep updating about the quality.

An hour a day every other day, you are one forgiving soul sir.

• @gtrax said:
    ATHK well lets see when the reply comes :). I hope the reply is an improved one.

good for you, patience is a precious virtue, but if you have clients, have you checked with 'em? that being said, am not one with such virtue....

• @shiv Well do not have major clients on it at the moment A few friends who are bearing it with me. Just giving provider a reasonable time. He has been trying to provide service to I am checking it.
    @zed well you have to be. And knowing that major clients should not be moved to a newcomer give you space to show patience. Giving the provider another month. Though I have already moved the email for clients so only web, sql and dns with the provider at the provider.
    @century1stop Well if you plan right and everyone was once new in this biz. Just giving the provider time to show if he has got what it takes to be in this business. Also putting this effort here so people know about the provider.

""The last feedback I got from @GreenHostBox was the transit provider between his DC and SEA went down. According to him the had requested to move to other route which will prevent such downtime.""

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited February 2015

Is it just me, or does it just suck that every time I hear the word "green" when related to hosting, I immediately think of huge scam because of GVH?

(unfortunate for unrelated providers)

Thanked by 1msg7086
  • ehabehab Member
    edited February 2015

@Jonchun said:

i now started to link the name Jon with GVH

• @gtrax said:

sometimes it's not what we want that matter, clients' interests always come first. guess you are lucky your situation is not client related. what of those that do have mission critical clients?

• @ehab said:

And @jbiloh as well. Gets confusing at times :(

• @Jonchun said:

:) you will change that

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @gtrax said:
    shiv Well do not have major clients on it at the moment A few friends who are bearing it with me. Just giving provider a reasonable time. He has been trying to provide service to I am checking it.

I believe in giving anyone including providers a second chance. If its fine with you then its fine with me.

18 unscheduled downtime in 40 days. That is a lot to me. If i have non critical stuff hosted with NO clients on that i would probably leave it idle or just for testing otherwise as I would have left the provider.

• @shiv said:

>

18 unscheduled downtime in 40 days. That is a lot to me.

Agreed. In fact, I have had 8 hardware incidents in recent half a year in Linode Japan and now I'm moving out. Even with providers like Linode, frequently downtime is not tolerated, how about the green* ones?

• gtraxgtrax Member

Received an email from @GreenHostBox on 7th March 2015 which said:

Hello _ _ _ _ _,

We have changed our company name and domain to start fresh and continue our growth!
    Our new company name is BrizaWeb and you can find our website at http://brizaweb.com

We have not sold our company and we have no plans on selling it. The company is still
    under the same ownership. You will be unable to access http://greenhostbox.com after
    receiving this email. There will be a lot of changes along the days!

Thanks for hosting with us!

The other reports are that they have just stopped the vps services and they gave a 7 day notice to the vps holders. I don't know anything about refunds (partial/pro-rated) and people seem to be complaining that they should offer refunds to vps holders. If I get any info about that I will update.

Still holding a hosting account with them. Since the change a couple of script related errors but nothing unstable.