Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH - GreenValueHost... another review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH - GreenValueHost... another review

AkitoAkito Member
edited October 2014 in Reviews

So... in the past I had a VPS with them, located in NY. All was ok even though I hardly used the machine. The other day I got this offer dropped in my inbox about a pre-sale for dedi's and VPS in the Netherlands. Now, that was more like what I was looking for. So, I decided to go for 2 machines (both VPS).... there so far the nightmare started. Machines were stuck in pending. So, after waiting for a day, I decided to e-mail Jon directly. Got a reply saying that they'd expect activation in 24-48 hrs... So after waiting for 3 days in total (48hrs + first lost day), I decided to open up an official ticket to sales. Explained the whole situation, being nice, giving them a great chance to make things up. Also kindly asked them to extend my billing period with the lost days so far.
6 Hours later a reply, stating the machines should be activated that same day. That's more or less it. Just a oneliner as a reply. No excuses or anything.
Great, awesome..... if that only were true.
Next day I'd updated the ticket, saying I still haven't got any activated machine and explained I was starting to loose my confidence in them/
Few hours later; hey an update...... "Services have been activated".. again no excuses or nothing.

Yay! I could get to work on it! So, I ssh into one machine..... my password is not accepted.
Hmmmm weird.....so I try the other machine.... same issue.
Ok, I log into my panel and try to reset the passwords for both machines. I immediatly notice that my bandwidth doesn't match the pre-sale action.... pity pity pity.
So I continue to try and reset the password for both machines: I get an unknown error. I'm starting to get a little annoyed now....so I boot the machines..... to no avail. I decide to connect the serial console: hey an unknown error occured! Once again.

In total...waiting for about 5 days now to get 2 simple machines up and running.
I'm crying...

Comments

• Don't mean to sound rude or harsh or anything, but I'm quite fed up with these "reviews". You decided to pick GVH as your provider and ignored the many warning signs placed on this site. We (the users of this forum) have warned clients over and over to make a more thorough decision before picking such a host, and the consumer decides to take our recommendation with a grain of salt. You made your bed, now you get to sleep in it.

• Don't make bad decisions and then complain about it.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • I decided to go for another one, as my previous experience with them was fine.
    I'm not complaining about the few bucks loss, as it's literally just a few... just another warn for another people.

• said: I'm crying...

Everyone's crying to see the counter reset again...

• lol that actually made me laugh

• LeeLee Veteran

Oh well, I suppose it's another balls up for people to find and steer them away.

• Can we just forget about gvh and move on?

Thanked by 1ValdikSS
  • Hahah Jon is the best. What a twat..

• He asked me why I wanted clean IPs instead of dirty ones lol.

• @0xdragon said:
    He asked me why I wanted clean IPs instead of dirty ones lol.

Hahahah

• LeeLee Veteran

You should check FraudRecord for a listing as well.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    You should check FraudRecord for a listing as well.

He wouldn't stoop that low would he?

• GVH_EricGVH_Eric Member
    edited October 2014

Jon didn't make any FraudRecord posts against the OP.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • @GVH_Eric said:
    removed

Must have been a pretty bad thing you said for you to edit it in one minute flat?

• @0xdragon said:
    He asked me why I wanted clean IPs instead of dirty ones lol.

That was CC asking, they're being super cautious after the whole SpamHaus "incident".

• @GVH_Eric said:
    That was CC asking, they're being super cautious after the whole SpamHaus "incident".

I would use them for websites, but I cannot add them to any DNS provider because they check blacklists :(

• @GVH_Eric said:
    Jon didn't make any FraudRecord posts against the OP.

Did you?

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited October 2014

@GVH_Eric

I want to know why Rob had his services removed and was labeled an "abuser" when by the looks of the email he posted on a forum about the company..

Also in the past Jon has always said "any publicity is good publicity" so whats the issue?

The way GVH goes about things is ridiculous and then theres Jon .. oh god why would anyone let him run a company, he's childish, immature and down right stupid when it comes to handling anything he doesn't like...

inb4 omgyoupostedaboutgvhyou'rebanned4evaz

[EDIT] Honestly it's like he's the "admin" of a game server..

Thanked by 2alexh Mark_R
  • Why the f*ck do people still do any business with GVH?

It baffles me when users from this and other forums are surprised that it didn't quite work out the way they hoped when they decided to try GVH despite the countless posts about how absolutely horrible their services and behavior is.

They are, sadly, not gonna change simply because you decide to try them out; they've promised things time after time yet the exact same thing happens over and over.

Their service and behavior has proven appalling on quite a few occasions by now.

Can't we just forget about them and move on? Let natural selection deal with them.

Thanked by 2ATHK akz
  • GVH is shit.

• I wonder how I can be flagged as an abusive user as well if my services haven't even gotten delivered. Someone can teach me how to abuse undelivered stuff?
    Anyway, that IP block I don't care about. Why would I sign up in future times when services don't work anyway and if a provider needs 5 days to set up 2 machines.
    How much one needs to give to resolve problems... more than 5 days? 2 Months?
    The fact GVH simply ignored my question about extending the billing time with my lost days doesn't help neither. Maybe I would've had a bit of more patience in that case.
    Oh and last but least: I wasn't even able to login to solus neither... but since I was able to access enough stuff through my 'regular' panel, I hadn't mentioned that. Didn't want to pile up the mountain of problems even more.

Ahhh never mind, I am a happy user from another VPS-provider and a very happy dedi-user as well... might write a very positive review about them soon though.

• We simply do not want to do business with people who complain on a public forum before even attempting to contact us to resolve the issue. We refunded your payment so you can seek services elsewhere. I fail to see why this is so outrageous.

• @0xdragon PM me your ticket ID.

• GVH was bad and unprofessional

I have 2 vps with them 1 vps was suspended with unreasonable ( They said that i am doing ddos ) and they unsuspended later, and when i try access panel my vps cannot botable and still offline, and then they readd my vps with different ip without any backup

another my vps facing same issue cannot bootable and offline for 2 weeks and i am getting lazy to opening ticket again and again, just for some dollars that i buy

• It's outrageous to call me an abusive user, which I'm not. I can't be an abusive user if I can't even make use of your systems.
    I've attempted several times for you people to resolve delivery issues, and everytime it was delayed. If GVH would've been a professional company, you check before you deliver. You check if everything works and you answers people's questions... and both you don't.
    You're promising a sausage. And you keep telling them the sausage is just not ready to eat yet.... but by the time you decide to give the sausage, that sausage just stinks.

• Well, now you have the opportunity to purchase a sausage that will not "stink". In the meantime, I'll be assisting our actual customers.

• akzakz Member

quit complaining what did you really expect from GVH? lol could all the reviews be wrong? you bought it you bought the risk suck it up.

• LeeLee Veteran

@GVH_Eric said:
    Well, now you have the opportunity to purchase a sausage that will not "stink". In the meantime, I'll be assisting our actual customers.

Jon, is that you?