Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server4You: Dedicated server for 14€/month with 4GB RAM, 2x320GB HDD in FR+USA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server4You: Dedicated server for 14€/month with 4GB RAM, 2x320GB HDD in FR+USA

ciderocidero Member
edited March 2015 in Offers

Hi,

found this offer and thought others might be interested:

Offer: EcoServer Entry X6
CPU: AMD Athlon™ X2 (Dual-Core, 2x 1.8 GHz)
RAM: 4 GB (DDR2)
HDD: 2 x 320GB SATA 5400rpm, 8MB) in RAID 1
Traffic: 100 Mbit/s unmetered
Location1: Strasbourg, France (AS8972), IP for example out of 188.138.0.0/17
Location2: St. Louis, MO, USA (AS30083), IP for example out of 69.64.32.0/19
Setup: free
Price: 13.99€/month (15.30 US$)

URL: http://www.server4you.net/dedicated-server/ecoserver/

As already discussed here, the VPS from Server4You are really bad quality, they use the most restrictive OpenVZ/Virtuozzo configuration I've ever seen. But the dedicated servers are nice, on the US one I even got 500GB disks and 6GB RAM. The network in Europe is good, they have their own datacenter with tens of thousands of servers. But they still don't provide IPv6 :(
Apparently only people from Europe are able to order on server4you.net. Others would have to order from server4you.com where the same offer costs 21.49US$ which is 19.70€.

Comments

• They're back to the crazy offers again? I wonder what will break this time...?
    Last time I used them, everything was broken, absolutely zero support in replacing the hard drive, so I ended up just ditching them.

• LeeLee Veteran

Has to rank in the top few worst providers ever.

• You have to pay additional 5€ per month if you want to set a custom reverse DNS entry for your IP address.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

boernd said: You have to pay additional 5€ per month if you want to set a custom reverse DNS entry for your IP address.

This right here says everything you needed to know about this host, everyone may proceed to just closing this browser tab now.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

I love these guys because they forgot to bill me and I got 7 months of free service :P support sucks but who cares if it is free :D

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • cassacassa Member

@adxn said:
    I love these guys because they forgot to bill me and I got 7 months of free service :P support sucks but who cares if it is free :D

Watch out, they'll probably bill you after some time ;)

Thanked by 1postcd
  • this company is not that bad, but not that good. the prices are good, i think they offer 3 IPv4 per server, which is better than Kimsufi..

• Stay wiiiide away from these guys and go with Kimsufi or something. Ended up with randomly "broken motherboard" and "nearly broken HDD", had to backup everything by myself in rescue mode. They didn't even realize that my server was down, I had to write to them that my server is down and it took multiple days until someone even answered some lines..