Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• I think its now confirmed, they replied on my case that shipping was other and download complete. I can guarantee its 100% fraudulent, time to fight with PayPal and see if I can get any of it back.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited April 2015

How is it fraud when their servers are gone,too? The blame game won't help us now..

Either way, since support has been pretty much non existent for the entire past month and the servers are still offline, I guess there is nothing else to do than to dispute payment. Has anyone done that?

zhable said: that shipping was other and download complete.

I don't follow

• I did dispute it and they responded that tracking company was "other" and id was "download complete" looks to me that they are trying to take advantage of PayPal not covering digital items. I'm not blaming anyone, I'll call PayPal later (if they're open) and see what I can get them to do for me.

• You can not recover your money from Paypal. Just forget it.

• Heh PayPal seems to like me a bit more usually and can get me some money back, you just need to talk to the right people.

• @4n0nx said:
    How is it fraud when their servers are gone,too? The blame game won't help us now..

You're also the person to blame here. Have uniweb paid to you? Blame game will help others to stay away from fraud.

Thanked by 1boernd
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

zhable said:they responded that tracking company was "other" and id was "download complete" looks to me that they are trying to take advantage of PayPal not covering digital items.

WTF that's just low. -.-

• @BuyAds said:
    You can not recover your money from Paypal. Just forget it.

In the uk you can I think they're starting to cover it

• I got ripped many times so till now no luck to recover my money.

• LeeLee Veteran

MSPNick said: In the uk you can I think they're starting to cover it

Correct, Paypal is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority so you are offered the same protection now as you would get from say your debit or credit card.

A specific benefit is that they do indeed have to cover virtual/intangible goods.

• spiritflyspiritfly Member
    edited April 2015

Scam confirmed. They offered me a refund but packed in a bait: "4-5 free months if I change my mind". I refused and asked for that refund. They were gone. We were exchanging emails in the minute and after I asked for a refund they were gone. I followed up with 3-4 emails asking persistently and at the end Teo said:

"There is another employee who is responsible for payments, and he has to confirm the refund"

Why on earth was he offering me a refund all the time when it's not his job to do so?

===========

My dispute on 2checkout was also replied with the following message by the seller (Teo) just now:

"the problem is that the client had illegal content server, according to our rule, the server is shut down."

==========

He is doing all he can to post-pone my/our wrath at him and that is now clear. I suggest we all throw everything we've got at him right now!

1. Paypal dispute - choose something else as category, doesn't matter, Hardware for example, let them see that there is a massive outrage!
    2. 2checkout dispute here: https://support.2co.com/deskpro/newticket.php - put some pressure on those guys, they are the most responsible, although they claim otherwise. They offer secure transactions and they have 0 security. I think we can nail them by being a bit more aggressive at them.
    3. Call your credit card provider right now, go into your bank, ask, complain, scream if you have to! They CAN get your money back! It has happened just recently to a friend of mine. GO do that today! Make them do whatever they can, it's their job to do that! Again be assertive, forget about passive and politeness, it's you who have been scammed and the bank has means to fight that to protect the client! Bring it to their attention that it's EXTREMELY important to you! Make them use all the resources the've got!
    4. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1439314 - express your unsatisfaction here as well just to warn others into buying their packages.

Even in the worst case scenario that we won't get our money back, let's make sure we hit them and hit them hard with everything we've got! I live close to Serbia and I've already teamed up with some other unsatisfied Serbians. I have close friends from Serbia and know their laws well. We are organizing into finding as much evidence as possible about them right now and proceed with legal action. This won't go unpunished. Teo Jovanovic you're a disgrace to your country and your people. Because of people like you, the whole Balkan countries suffer. You are the one who create the bad stereotype about Serbia and doing only harm to your nation, you parasite. You should be expelled from your country.

Sorry, had to lay that off..

I have some other new innovative ideas about how to resolve this and they won't be shared here because Teo is reading this forum as well. First let us do everything that's within our power and see how it unfolds and then I will share my ideas and ask for your help when needed.

Thanked by 1supick
  • @4n0nx said:

Either way, since support has been pretty much non existent for the entire past month and the servers are still offline, I guess there is nothing else to do than to dispute payment. Has anyone done that?

I don't follow

So you are believing them that they "lost" their servers too? A company in business as many years as they claim have backups and contingency plans that would keep their sites live, or worst case a few hours down. Not days. And the answers they are giving to paypal/2co show a clear fraud attempt. Lying saying the product was shipped via "other" or was downloaded successfully shows clear intent given neither applies to the situation at hand. The bogus promises of 4-6 months free if you agree to not dispute is icing on the cake. Not sure why you continued to defend them to anyone that questioned the obviously unrealistic business model, but now you should see people were right to be skeptical. The old saying applies, if it looks too good to be true, it is. Not even probably in this case, there was no way this could have possibly worked from this type of company.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

spiritfly said: "the problem is that the client had illegal content server

They obviously lied about the "illegal content". An adequate response to that would be to go to the next police station to press criminal charges against Teo Jovanovic.

MattKC said: insert blame game here

It appears you have difficulties reading. Hetzner did block all of uniwebhosting's servers. The rest of your rant has already been answered as well.

• BuyAds said: I got ripped many times so till now no luck to recover my money.

Because you are Austrian/German/LU PayPal customer and their support sucks.

Thanked by 1BuyAds
  • Always call PayPal and speak to them personally.

Why did uniweb loose their corporate member on WHT? Did Lee finally speak to the WHT folks?

• LeeLee Veteran

I am literally just off the phone from a contact. Unfortunately I can't give you any details of what I know or how I know it. You can decide what you want to do with my comment below.

Chargeback, and do it now!

• @spiritfly said:
    He is doing all he can to post-pone my/our wrath at him and that is now clear. I suggest we all throw everything we've got at him right now!

1. Paypal dispute - choose something else as category, doesn't matter, Hardware for example, let them see that there is a massive outrage!
    2. 2checkout dispute here: https://support.2co.com/deskpro/newticket.php - put some pressure on those guys, they are the most responsible, although they claim otherwise. They offer secure transactions and they have 0 security. I think we can nail them by being a bit more aggressive at them.
    3. Call your credit card provider right now, go into your bank, ask, complain, scream if you have to! They CAN get your money back! It has happened just recently to a friend of mine. GO do that today! Make them do whatever they can, it's their job to do that! Again be assertive, forget about passive and politeness, it's you who have been scammed and the bank has means to fight that to protect the client! Bring it to their attention that it's EXTREMELY important to you! Make them use all the resources the've got!
    4. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1439314 - express your unsatisfaction here as well just to warn others into buying their packages.

That is exactly what I have done. I encourage and please others to do so. We must prove scammers like this guy that we know our ways around and staff like this will not go unpunished.

I always thought 2checkout are the most secure way to go. On the other hand they claim not guilty for this kind of scam. That would be true if they did NOT explicitly guarantee the security of your payment.

We are coming for you, Teo Jovanovic!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Lee said:
    I am literally just off the phone from a contact. Unfortunately I can't give you any details of what I know or how I know it. You can decide what you want to do with my comment below.

I take my words back. Thanks for helping these folks.

In this case I'd indeed fill a chargeback, it looks like that they've lied and the promotion was for only a few months, there's no big investment as they previously claimed.

• spiritflyspiritfly Member
    edited April 2015

@Lee said:

Finally! This is no longer a mystery! I apologize if my previous comments were misleading for anyone. I was convinced mostly by that Hetzner comment I got in the email from Mr. Pirner from Hetzner and was trying to present it here. His confirmation that they are really their client and celebrating an anniversary was enough for me to believe this scam. Now I'm sorry for believing that off-the-record advice from Mr. Pirner. And I'm more than sorry for posting it here. Please forgive me.

This is why I have a feeling for personal vendetta towards Teo Jovanovic. I am going to push this as far as I can take it. I won't describe the approach I'm going to take here, but I'm just going to say that he will surely get whats coming to him and his girlfriend who's also in this. Expect a call for help soon about this case.

• NomadNomad Member

Get a Serbian hitman. If you combine your powers you can get ripped more but at least it might fail better this time. :P

• zhablezhable Member
    edited April 2015

@Nomad said:
    Get a Serbian hitman. If you combine your powers you can get ripped more but at least it might fail better this time. :P

I would feel more satisfied to know that my money goes towards killing a scammer then getting him the newest iPhone. Thanks for the idea though!

• well surprisingly PayPal was useless, though I have found more support/aid from 2Checkout. I would advise if anyone has any evidence showing uniweb as a scam then send it to [email protected] (I was told their account is supposed to go under review).

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@zhable said:

can confirm that paypal won't do anything, as it's out of their 45 day policy... filed in a request at 2co too, will see how this is going.

probably european customers may complain to the police as chances are they should be able to reach out for administrative assistance with serbian authorities.
    and maybe if there are some such request, they then are knocking on Teo's door after all.

• xyzxyz Member

2checkout - don't want to issue refund unless seller agrees:

We have made appropriate internal notes regarding your complaint against the seller, and certainly empathize with your frustration. We are unable to assist any further regarding this support issue.

Anyone else with better success?

• @xyz said:
    2checkout - don't want to issue refund unless seller agrees:

Anyone else with better success?

sadly no, best thing I could see is that their account goes under review and is suspended. If they get suspended I'm not sure if 2checkout would come back and refund the orders

• Am 100% sure they do not have money in thair account, rippers do cashout before the crash always. Also 2checkout cant charge back a non SEPA bank.

• sumosumo Member

Did anyone get their money back through a PayPal dispute if its in their 45 day window? I know they don't cover virtual goods, but lots of buyers use it for that purpose.

Is there another pay service that gives guarantees to virtual goods that provides better service?

• PayPal extended that window to 180 days last fall in the USA, they denied me because the seller said download complete. They don't even listen to me or even try to verify that there was a download, thanks paypal

• LeeLee Veteran

@zhable said:
    PayPal extended that window to 180 days last fall in the USA, they denied me because the seller said download complete. They don't even listen to me or even try to verify that there was a download, thanks paypal

Are you doing this via their site? You need to phone them and explain.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • UPDATE: uniweb control panel no longer requires authentication to access, maybe they are coming back?