Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ikoula : cloud vm - from 5.70$/mo - France,Miami,Singapore
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ikoula : cloud vm - from 5.70$/mo - France,Miami,Singapore

IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
edited April 2015 in Offers

Hello guys,

Some of you are waiting for our next dedicated server offer.
We are still working on it and we hope that will please you.

In the mean time i would like to talk about our cloud vm platform.

Public cloud is the name of our vm plans based on SSD servers.

We use xen as hypervisor and cloudstack as backend.

You can use it as a reseller and make automated deployments thanks to API.

Features

-Deploy from template or ISO.

-Deploy in France, Miami or Singapore.

-Modify ressources allocation.

-Modify storage capacity.

-Setup client VPN or site to site VPN.

-Setup firewall / NAT / Load balancing.

-Manage your own templates.

-Create and manage sub user accounts.

Plans

-Hourly billing system.
-Unmetered trafic.
-If you subscribe to public cloud for the first time you can use the coupon code CP50CCP2015 while ordering (you have to put the code and apply it).

You will be able to spend 53.5$ in public cloud vm plans.
For example it will allow you to run the following vm for like 9 months.
If more ressources are needed please have a look at our other plans on https://express.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud

<>VM PICO Linux 5,70 $/mo 512Mo 0,5vCPU 50Go SSD<>

More

You can run a ping from lg.ikoula.com

Ikoula is a french Hosting company since 1998.

We have our own french datacenter.

We also provides vm / dedicated servers / hosting services / mail services / managed services.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

Comments

• earlearl Member

You guys seems pretty active on LET.. would really like to try out your services, but not too keen on sending a scan of my passport just to rent a server.

Thanked by 2iSky fitvpn
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@earl Well i am sorry but as we follow french laws we need this kind of document to register a new customer account.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Ikoula, is IPv6 available?
    Can you post test IP and IPv6 for Singapore (or even for all locations)?

• earlearl Member

@Ikoula said:
    earl Well i am sorry but as we follow french laws we need this kind of document to register a new customer account.

C'est la vie..

• earl said: we need this kind of document to register a new customer account.

For what? You collect personal docs, which purposes? Probably its illegal. My country for example may not allow send local ID to someone else.

• cassacassa Member

@Ikoula said:
    earl Well i am sorry but as we follow french laws we need this kind of document to register a new customer account.

Why haven't I needed to send my ID then?

• MrXMrX Member

Singapore. Sing-a-pour sounds like a sommelier who serenades their clients.

Ikoula said: @earl Well i am sorry but as we follow french laws we need this kind of document to register a new customer account.

Are you telling us that under French law, you are required to receive a copy of customers' passports? Who is your lawyer and at what zoo did you pick him up?

• earlearl Member

Guys.. Lets not ruin Ikoula's offer with this passport thing. It's their Business and they get to choose the rules..

Ikoula has some great pricing and It would be interesting to see more offers like this on LET. Let's not ruin it for other LET members who is fine with the validation process.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

@fitvpn @cassa Regarding account validations if you do not feel at ease with giving a copy of your ID as i said in my previous offer sales department have other validation methods. It is just quicker to send this document.

@rm_ i am checking with network team if a looking glass can be set for singapore.

@MrX Thank you i edited the title.

• iSkyiSky Member

then what is the other validation methods @Ikoula ? i am interested with your singapore node

@iSky Write to [email protected] and give your customer account ID.

Explain you ordered a public cloud and specify you come from Low End Talk.

• smile93smile93 Member
    edited April 2015

said: If you subscribe to public cloud for the first time you can use the coupon code CP50CCP2015 while ordering (you have to put the code and apply it).

You will be able to spend 53.5$ in public cloud vm plans.

May I know where to check the credit balance?

said: Deploy in France, Miami or Singapour.

I only manage to view France and create instance there, how to change the region to Singapore and create instance in this region.

Can select region from create new instance tab, select from there... I thought it is same with runabove portal, need to change region before create instance on that region.

Since the credit can only be used for public cloud you cannot see it.

Until you have ate up the credit bills will be automaticaly paid.

Since price is limited by the plan you cant spend much than price showed on the page i linked.

When you use the wizard for deployment you have the choice to deploy in fr us or sg zone, could you pm me your csikx account or contact support team please ?

• cochoncochon Member
    edited April 2015

I signed up, but my welcome e-mail has been bounced here because it failed SPF checks. You (Ikoula) publish a 'hard bounce' SPF FAIL policy for your outbound mail ( -all at the end), but the welcome message was sent from a server not on that list.

I therefore don't know how to manage this new service, I guess I need to connect to https://cloudstack.ikoula.com/client/ but that's just a guess, and my existing account details don't let me log in there.

Also how do I know the voucher code worked, there was no indication during or after the order process that it had registered.

My subscription ref: 84588

EDIT: SPF fixed, mail resent (thankyou @ikoula), and yes you do need the login details from the welcome message.

Thanked by 1rm_

@cochon

1/ Can you send me the mail header by mp because i just check and SPF seems correct.

2/ You have to login to https://cloudstack.ikoula.com/client/ but it is not the customer account portal it is cloud public portal so credentials are different but it seems you did not received the mail.

3/ Coupon code has been recorded for the rest i answered in my last message.

• Can you provide Singapore test ip?

@paul1729

No other looking glass available than lg.ikoula.com for the moment.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2015

@Ikoula Nice offer, I've been looking for an alternative in Miami and more bandwidth in Singapore.

EDIT: I think it is odd that after ordering this I am getting asked for verification again, on an active and previously verified account.

• Coupon code appears to be invalid 

mmm....

@FrankZ Could you pm me your account details and order number please i'd like to check why you were asked for verification again ?

@spammy i just checked, the coupon code is working maybe you add a space in your copy/paste.

update

Deployments to Miami and Singapour are closed for the moment due to the fact zones are full but still open for private cloud.

Since it is not the same prices i will not talk about it here but you can contact our sales department if you are interested in having your own xen host.

@FrankZ i answered your pm

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2015

Ikoula said: @FrankZ i answered your pm

Yes you did, and solved the double verification issue very fast. Thank you.

• SnapeSnape Member

@FrankZ said:
    EDIT: I think it is odd that after ordering this I am getting asked for verification again, on an active and previously verified account.

Same thing happened to me. Seem to have sorted it out, possibly maybe I don't really know.

• "Coupon code appears to be invalid"

@Snape Could you pm me your customer id i will check with sales.

@dragon1993 could you try again without copy/paste please ?

• interest to see your singapore service.

sending my order.

• dragon1993dragon1993 Member
    edited April 2015

Where find remaining free credit ?
    @Ikoula

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2015

Anyone else's VM went down about 1 hour ago? Mine did, and also no neighbor IPs within 10 or so from mine on both sides are pingable...

update: from a support reply it looks like now it is required to explicitly allow every port you want to use (and ICMP) in the security group settings in the panel... else everything will be completely blocked.

I still continu to receive many pm so i did not saw comments here.

@dragon1993 you can't, it is deduced at the end of the month.

@rm_ just In order to add security to our offers even if the vm in zone3 are "direct routing mode" all ports are closed by default and you have to open the ports you wish to use.

Some vm had an issue with open ports by default (that concerned only some new vm in zone3) this issue has been fixed that's why you had a connecivity problem.