Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

BuyAds said: @Falzo and @4n0nx are you the part of this "uni crap scheme"?? You was bumping this thread everyday so the people can see the offer. You guys ripped many users here.

And the typical LET Aftershow Party begins...

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Let's not try to blame anyone else but UniWebHosting here. There may have been some unreasonable posts here, but let's keep in mind why this is happening in the first place and who the main culprit is. And let us focus on getting what's ours instead of arguing for past events.

I suggest anyone who did the purchase through 2checkout to file a claim about it. Usually if there are multiple complaints on 2checkout the seller gets an instant ban.

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

@spiritfly How can I do a chargeback through 2checkout?

• I guess uniwebhosting already claimed all the more. Since the owner is a person in Serbia, he will also not see many consequences.
    It's now up to 2checkout whether they want to take the loss or not. I guess most of the refund cases will be denied by them.

And thanks to all the people that supported this scam (I look at you LET moderators).

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

tr1cky said: And thanks to all the people that supported this scam (I look at you LET moderators).

What are you looking for? People who think for you? Use your own brain - It was not hard to detect the possible scam here...

Everyone in this thread who ordered servers at uniwebhosting are solely resposible themselves for putting bargain before brain. Do not blame others for your own greed. That's just gross!

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2015

alexvolk said: It's enough now ?

tr1cky said: and thanks to all the people that supported this scam (I look at you LET moderators).

What do you want? The concerns were raised all the way through this thread. No matter what was said all the magpies see a deal too good to be true and fuck all the risks, warnings and proceed to buy.

If this thread had been locked, deleted or whatever LET would be accused of being impartial. Only when it goes wrong do you then look to blame people.

as @Amitz has said. Use your brain, it's really not hard.

Anyone who thought they were going to get those specs of server for $19 per month were already going to lose something.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@BuyAds said:
    Falzo and 4n0nx are you the part of this "uni crap scheme"?? You was bumping this thread everyday so the people can see the offer. You guys ripped many users here.

LOL. Geh zurück mit Deinen Sandförmchen spielen und komm wieder, wenn Du lesen gelernt hast.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@Falzo said:
    LOL. Geh zurück mit Deinen Sandförmchen spielen und komm wieder, wenn Du lesen gelernt hast.

That was German.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@BuyAds said:
    Jo un spo luj me ato loja qe 25 vjet valla. Shih ti bo naj gomar me ato format qe je tuj lujt.

That looks like Albanian.

Thanked by 2BuyAds Falzo
  • sumosumo Member
    edited April 2015

When I called 2Checkout in January to ask for about my refund, I was told me that one was not initiated, but they offered to contact Uniweb on my behalf. I also asked 2Checkout what options do I have if Uniweb doesn't reply or refund my server. I was told that the only other option would be to raise a dispute through my credit card (or Paypal).

Edit: A refund was ultimately issued without further issues, but that was back in January.

• sepeisepei Member

@sumo said:
    When I called 2Checkout in January to ask for about my refund, I was told me that one was not initiated, but they offered to contact Uniweb on my behalf. I also asked 2Checkout what options do I have if Uniweb doesn't reply or refund my server. I was told that the only other option would be to raise a dispute through my credit card (or Paypal).

See I told in this thread often that 2Checkout dont get your money back

• sumosumo Member
    edited April 2015

@sepei said:
    See I told in this thread often that 2Checkout dont get your money back

In my case, I did get a refund, but that three months ago.

The only additional thing they seemed to do was contact Uniweb. Not sure if they would handle disputes/chargebacks any other way. But, the payment of choice - credit card or PayPal can hopefully help those left with disconnected servers. So if you're looking to dispute your payment, do it ASAP. There are probably time limitations imposed by your credit card and/or PayPal.

• NomadNomad Member

They are an unknown company from Serbia. They are selling servers cheaper than the original seller, they want yearly payments. And they go a-wall soon after.
    And people ask, it was a really cheap offer from an unknown company, why did this happen?

Sure, except the buyer, mods and everyone else here is to blame.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • spiritflyspiritfly Member
    edited April 2015

After some tweeting with a few Serbians who also got dedicated from them Teo from UniWebHosting emailed me and he basically said the same thing. I will try to translate his email word to word:

I am employed at UniWebHosting, I am not responsible and I didn't know the situation.

No one ever wanted this or planned it, our servers are all blocked as well. If we knew anything beforehand we wouldn't let them block whats ours.

*****GERMAN NAME*****
    *****HIS STATUS*****

Hetzner Online AG
    Industriestr. 25
    91710 Gunzenhausen

We are currently in contact with the gentlemen above and solving everything. Everything will be compensated for around 4-5 months free for your server. But everyone that needs a refund can most certainly get it.

• Not sure how this is going to pan out, I already started the dispute process

• @Lee said:

What do you want? The concerns were raised all the way through this thread. No matter what was said all the magpies see a deal too good to be true and fuck all the risks, warnings and proceed to buy.

You were a moderator and you simply supported them. When I said it's definitely fraud you said to **** off in this thread.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

@spiritfly said:
    After some tweeting with a few Serbians who also got dedicated from them Teo from UniWebHosting emailed me and he basically said the same thing. I will try to translate his email word to word:

We are currently in contact with the gentlemen above and solving everything. Everything will be compensated for around 4-5 months free for your server. But everyone that needs a refund can most certainly get it.

They don't intend on refunding anyone. Me and another person who I'm assuming is serbian has been blocked by their twitter page when asking about the status of our tickets.

Received an email from 2checkout which has also been sent to uniweb.

Dear Uni Web Hosting Inc.,

>

The following notes have been added to your account.
    Please review this information and take corrective action, if needed by: as soon as possible.

>
    Details:

Sale Number: 10546709****
    The buyer for this order has contacted us stating they have attempted to reach out to you, but have not been able to reach you. We request that you contact the buyer regarding their support request. We appreciate your diligence in this matter.

• LeeLee Veteran

alexvolk said: When I said it's definitely fraud

What you said was entirely conjecture. It's all well and good you waving your willy about now saying "I told you so" but since November last year people have been raising concern and caution.

Take a good read through the thread before throwing your BS about. I supported them in no way whatsoever. I simply attempted to prevent the LET standard of shouting things like "fraud" before there was any proof of such an act.

And up to this point there is still no fraud, so you definitely do not know that.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • alexvolk said: You were a moderator and you simply supported them.

@alexvolk ah, come on. It was just matter of discussion and guessing. All data was here and up to every individual if he's willing to take a risk or not.

Everything will be compensated for around 4-5 months free for your server.

That sound very realistic, indeed :)

• cassacassa Member

And in the mean time, they're still selling servers.

Billing panel now has user/password auth.

• @Lee Can I give you the name of that Hetzner contact they said they have been in contact with to ask him if this is true or not? I know Hetzner had become a bit defensive and locked since you all criticized them for releasing information about a client, but maybe you, with the authority you have, can persuade him into telling you at least if that is true with a simple yes/no ?

• LeeLee Veteran

@spiritfly said:
    Lee Can I give you the name of that Hetzner contact they said they have been in contact with to ask him if this is true or not? I know Hetzner had become a bit defensive and locked since you all criticized them for releasing information about a client, but maybe you, with the authority you have, can persuade him into telling you at least if that is true with a simple yes/no ?

PM me the details and I will call them.

• LeeLee Veteran

I have also emailed their product director to see if he can offer any kind of information.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Do not expect an answer before next Tuesday. It's public holiday in Germany.

• @Amitz said:

I think it's Easter for all of us in the EU.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Amitz said:

Yup, not that I am affected by this, just trying to help.

Thanked by 1MikePT

Twitter account is gone (again).

• It seems like they are replying to customers on facebook. Their last reply to a customer was an hour ago.
    https://www.facebook.com/uniwebhosting (See latest's post comment)

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

It's nearly funny how they changed their profile picture on Facebook at the end of February:

https://www.facebook.com/uniwebhosting/photos/a.469386757867.281313.115254172867/10153257899147868/?type=1

weekend, 00-24 live support online. equipment for our operators: Macbook Pro Retina , iPhone 6.

Look! We bought lots of nice Apple stuff. From your money! Hehe...

Thanked by 1NeoXiD