Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net new promo E3-1240v3 32G 2x600SAS 29.99EUR NO SETUP FEE - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net new promo E3-1240v3 32G 2x600SAS 29.99EUR NO SETUP FEE

Comments

• Error: Offer unavailable, please choose an other

Bummer.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@Dylan said:
    I highly suggest activating EXPERT mode in the Online.net CP (button on the top right).

LOL http://i.imgur.com/tyhzGtc.jpg

• @comXyz um, I never asked them directly. People in this thread said they wouldn't do it.

• Restocked! 15 left!

• Son of a... that expert mode is bloody amazing!

• @HostNun said:
    comXyz um, I never asked them directly. People in this thread said they wouldn't do it.

Hmm I guess so, their IPs price is so high...

• @comXyz it's interesting how defensive people seem to get about it when, on the other hand, online.net's hardware is priced so low. There was a comparison made with OVH too, but it didn't really make sense because they only charge $3 one-time fees for IPs.

• well I'm happy, I got two of these and two of the 19.99 a month, I'm set for now

• @HostNun don't care about them.

• Eh? Don't care about who? online.net? OVH? The people defending the former in this thread?

Right now I don't care about online.net because they don't offer what I want (no, calm down, it's not a tragedy).

• @HostNun I meant the defensive people.

And yea, don't care about providers that don't offer what you want too. Life is short, be happy bro!

• sumosumo Member

@HostNun said:
    Alright defensive Online.net crew, who's next? I'm ready to fight, put up your dukes.

Now that's a comment

• earlearl Member

sumo said: Looks like a few more servers are available..

It's actually sold out when you click the order page..

• sonontsesonontse Member
    edited April 2015

Was able to get esxi setup with one ip. Had to have pfsense spoof the MAC and take the management network to the LAN side. End result:

http://prntscr.com/6o0cyb

Thanked by 2Riz isaacl
  • RizRiz Member

@sonontse awesome, glad the spoof worked!

• @sonontse - Did you follow any specific instructions from any site online?
    And doesn't thaat make it that you can't access the server itself, like with vCenter or the vSphere client?

• RizRiz Member

@isaacl said:
    sonontse - Did you follow any specific instructions from any site online?
    And doesn't thaat make it that you can't access the server itself, like with vCenter or the vSphere client?

You can port forward to your private I believe.

edited April 2015

I followed the instructions from Servaman back in 2014. http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/463303/#Comment_463303 For step 12, I didn't lose connection so I just continued on from there.

Edit: his step didnt include taking the management network to lan. If you don't do that, your management network would be broadcasting the mac and so will your pfsense which would cause "unknown" problems with online.net. That's why you see in my previous screenshot, i removed the Management network ip from vSwitch0 and created a VMkernel and assigned a lan ip for management there.

Thanked by 2Riz isaacl
  • Thanks @sonontse, will have to look through it, but hoping that will work.
    I did order the failover IP, so I'll probably use that, but as long as there's a way to do it...

edited April 2015

A revised (more detailed) instructions from Servaman back in 2014.
    Source: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/463303/#Comment_463303

1 - Setup Virtual NIC (Rename vSwitch0 to WAN. Create a vSwitch1 in the Networking settings and rename it to LAN).

2 - Create some VM's you want and bridge them to the virtual nic (A good time to have a desktop linux setup and handy for pfsense web configurations later on. And yeah, no internet for these VMs for now.)

3 - Create a KVM VM with pfSense. (Set it up with 2 network cards WAN and LAN. After the VM is created, go back into the edit configuration and copy down the MAC address for each.)

4 - Bridge the pfSense VM to your real NIC.

5 - Make sure the pfSense VM is not set to start on Node reboot.

6 - Start pfSense and continue with config. Set the WAN NIC as your Real one and the LAN as the virtual nic which the other VM's will be connected to. (After pfsense is installed and while still on the console, go through option 1 and 2. For option 1, make sure the mac displayed for WAN and LAN matches the WAN and LAN you had set up in step 3. For option 2, set up for the LAN part. It will ask you for your IP range and finally asks you if you want to enable DHCP.)

7 - Enable DHCP

8 - Setup another KVM VM with Linux Puppy.

9 - Console into Puppy and open a browser and browse to 192.168.1.1, use default pfSense details.

10 - Change config and port forward pfSense port (80) so you can access remotely.

11 - Add your public IP to pfSense as it's WAN IP. (Adding the WAN IP to the WAN interface did not work for me. I added the MAC instead to the WAN and set it to DHCP. It automatically populated.)

12 - If it worked you should have lost connection to your server. (IP Conflict) (Did not get diconnected on this step, but my management network and pfsense was sharing the same IP. So if I was on port 80 it loaded pfsense, if I was on port 443 it would load esxi. This was weird and concerning which lead me to move my management network to lan later on.)

13 - Reboot your node and you should regain access. (Did not have to go through this step)

14 - Set the pfSense VM to start on node start

15 - Set your node to DHCP and reboot. (Skipped this step as setting it to DHCP did not grab my local lan ip while the network was still on vSwitch0)

16 - Now browse to your nodes IP and you should see pfSense.

17 - Port forward Proxmox and it should work. (Skipped for now)

18 - Setup VM's and port forward what ever you want.

(extra steps).

19 - In your vSphere client - Networking, add a VMKernel to vSwitch1. Make sure the to check the box to allow for management traffic. Assign a local LAN ip in your pfsense range for this VMkernel.

20 - Remove the IPv4 setting on the Management Network under vSwitch0. You can either do this in vsphere or in ILO. After removing the IPv4 ip from vSwitch0, I saw in ILO that the IP was populated but the gateway was missing. Had to manually add the LAN gateway to get vsphere to connect.

End result: http://prntscr.com/6o0cyb

• Dammit Online.net - April Fools Day trolling..

• WHAT A DEAL! i hope this deal with stay long :D

• This sucks, Their console is down so can't login, I call them to try to secure an order but already sold out :/

• Is this transferable?i was get better deals for my usage,i can give to anyone if its transferable

• @robohost said:
    Is this transferable?i was get better deals for my usage,i can give to anyone if its transferable

Send a ticket to online to ask.

• icryicry Member

@kingpin said:
    Means, it's calculated on checkout?

I also need this question answered

• @icry said:
    I also need this question answered

Correct.

• sepeisepei Member

Did someone of you bought the selfie addon?
    From online.net "Please go to options of the server and order (it's free) the selfie option." :)

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

I have ordered it with two of my servers!

• NomadNomad Member

@sepei said:
    Did someone of you bought the selfie addon?
    From online.net "Please go to options of the server and order (it's free) the selfie option." :)

It works! :P
    https://console.online.net/en/server/selfie/ZmxhnaOaBwL3Aj==#

This discussion has been closed.