Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Moose attack ?

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Can't reach my server. It says "the IP is currently locked"

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

@uniweb Mine is also down. I hope they can resolve this quickly.

• All IP:s locked... :/ Fortunately, it was my backup-server only...

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2015

If Hetzner indeed suspended all servers under their account for illegal activities of just one client and not because they did the predicted fly-by-night, then their whole "reselling scheme" is flawed from the beginning. This could happen anytime again. I'd pack my things and run if I were a customer...

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

I feel it warranted to post this back up. Perhaps contact Arno Pirner, he appeared willing to openly discuss the client at that point so why not now.

http://postimg.org/image/fuaqg65zx/

• UPDATE: I’m sorry everything will be okay in the morning. That you for your patience. (uniweb skype - they did respond)

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Amitz said:
    If Hetzner indeed suspended all servers under their account for illegal activities of just one client and not because they did the predicted fly-by-night, then their whole "reselling scheme" is flawed from the beginning. This could happen anytime again. I'd pack my things and run if I were a customer...

I have to agree, that's in no way going to be a somewhat reliable service where one could put long term running things on it.
    even if I 'only' have to renew my backups every other week, this fast will become more work than gain...

• LeeLee Veteran

If it was a single case of abuse bringing everything down then it would be a regular occurrence, not just a one off.

• My server just went offline ~12hrs ago. sadly no one to contact besides forums as their website is offline as well. I haven't had any issues up til now. Hope they get this resolved!

• their twitter page just went offline as well. it was working all day today.

• AzaAza Member

Well their server just came back up around 21:45 (Americas/New York DST) on 3/31/15 and they posted a note on Web Hosting Talk saying:

Dear,
    No no hdd is down and dns zone. Now is uniwebhosting online
    all servers will now start working, and you will receive benefits and bonuses, free months. thank you
    Sent from my iPhone 6

The server we leased for UniWebHosting is not back up as of this writing. It is odd, however, that a HDD failure on uniwebhosting.com would take down a foreign dedicated server -- even if the servers are collocated in the same data center.

Thus far our leased dedicated server has been down for about 14 hours. We've had the same sorts of massive outages at established server farms like GNAX in Atlanta before they went to cloud stuff and when the Lightnet trunk went down on the East Coast of the US.

Time will tell in UniWebHosting's case -- but it would be reassuring if they were a bit more transparent...

Aza

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Aza said: Dear, No no hdd is down and dns zone. Now is uniwebhosting online all servers will now start working, and you will receive benefits and bonuses, free months. thank you Sent from my iPhone 6

I wonder how that will work since I have no server in my account that free months could be added to.

Support has been pretty much non existent over the past month or so (ticket as well as live chat), some servers were randomly taken away and now my(all?) server(s) is(are) blocked (or rather: My IPs are). Furthermore, traffic apparently is not unlimited. (?)

Btw: The Hetzner wiki page about blocked servers:

http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Leitfaden_bei_Serversperrung/en

You may guess what was the most likely reason for all servers to be blocked.

I had daily 1-click backups so I could easily migrate everything and now I see no reason to move back.

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

My server is still locked in the robot panel :(

• FalzoFalzo Member

I'd say: don't expect anything on those hetzner-servers coming back on. as far as one can see the domain uniwebhosting.com now resolves to a server/ip in the range of softlayer.com

teo jovanovic is probably not only taking down his twitter account, but all other things on skype, facebook and such too, everyone who will take a look or save it before it's gone: https://www.facebook.com/uniwebhost?fref=ts and his former support/live chat:
    https://www.facebook.com/lidija.stojmirovic.7?pnref=story

as said I do not complain about, all who warned before probably had been right ;-)
    sad to say, that again we may learn (or not) that just keeping up faith and giving trust in advance, doesn't work out in most cases.

now filing a chargeback with paypal, as I think chances are rather low that there will be any service again or at least an honest (partial) refund.

• Yep looks to me that its been a 1/2 man show this whole time, site username is teoj as seen from their panel page. "Site error: the file /home/teoj/public_html/panel/clientarea.php". I'm not sure how other companies host sites but I'm doubtful its in the name of their tech support agent. Any benefit from us all charge backing at once? Or shall I just wait a couple more days?

• Hopefully this forum permits other forum links? On WHT their ad says promo ends April 7 so it sounds about right for everyone's servers to die about now (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=9410377#post9410377)

• LeeLee Veteran

zhable said: Any benefit from us all charge backing at once?

There is more benefit getting in before everyone else.

• May I ask how will you all request charge back? I mean what will you mention in the comments to paypal? I'm asking because I think it's best to all write about the same thing. Will you mention this forum, any resources to provide them etc?

• I would probably give PayPal/2co/bank a call and go over your options. I always found talking to people can get things done much faster and usually your money back. Best of luck to all.

Thanked by 1spiritfly
  • spiritflyspiritfly Member
    edited April 2015

After writing lines of whatnot on their skype, I managed to hold on them at their live support and they appologized 100 times and convinced me that it's really not their fault and it got completely out of their control. Apparently Hetzner blocked all of their servers without any prior notice and they are extremely pissed off at Hetzner as well. They told me that they most certainly won't block their servers themselves and all of their shared hosting clients which they claim they have a lot. And so they are working full steam to get new servers on a new location which would be either US or Netherlands, the clients will be able to choose. They apologized and said they weren't able to respond because all their shared clients were also trying to get a hold of them and it was a real mess there.. I don't want to be in their shoes. But they convinced me that they will resolve this till the end of this day or the very least tomorrow morning.

I know I said this once, but they seem convincing to me. I will wait till tomorrow and see if they fix things or not. Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to convince anyone in anything. I'm just reporting here the chat I had just now and you proceed as you wish. Don't kill the messenger!

Thanked by 2zhable rauppe31
  • @spiritfly said:
    After writing lines of whatnot on their skype, I managed to hold on them at their live support and they appologized 100 times and convinced me that it's really not their fault and it got completely out of their control. Apparently Hetzner blocked all of their servers without any prior notice and they are extremely pissed off at Hetzner as well. They told me that they most certainly won't block their servers themselves and all of their shared hosting clients which they claim they have a lot. And so they are working full steam to get new servers on a new location which would be either US or Netherlands, the clients will be able to choose. They apologized and said they weren't able to respond because all their shared clients were also trying to get a hold of them and it was a real mess there.. I don't want to be in their shoes. But they convinced me that they will resolve this till the end of this day or the very least tomorrow morning.

I know I said this once, but they seem convincing to me. I will wait till tomorrow and see if they fix things or not. Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to convince anyone in anything. I'm just reporting here the chat I had just now and you proceed as you wish. Don't kill the messenger!

Thanks for the update I think I'll wait then for my refund, I'm probably at the bottom of their list of things to do

• AzaAza Member

@spiritfly said:
    May I ask how will you all request charge back?

In the US one can challenge a fraudulent credit card transaction after the fact. Call the number on the back of the card and ask how to challenge a charge. Oddly your rights will vary from State to State. In some States you have up to one month to rescind an agreement.

However, as a practical matter, one's ability to cancel a fraudulent credit card transaction depends on whether or not the credit card company can and will seize any current transactions to refund past transactions. In other words, once your charge is disbursed to Uniwebhosting all the credit card company can do is seize a subsequent transaction to refund your transaction. Naturally this can cascade so the credit card companies are very unlikely to refund a disbursed transaction.

That said, some credit cards come with insurance against fraudulent transactions. I suspect the insurance is limited to domestic transaction -- and fraud is a bitch to prove in an international transaction like this where the vendor insists they are trying to resolve the problem.

Finally, none of us has enough money at stake to warrant litigation. Corporations rarely authorize domestic interstate litigation to recover sums under US$80,000. International litigation never pays below US$1M unless something like the EX-IM bank (now in its death throes) is in the middle. Frankly, the reluctance to litigate makes sense since litigators earn upwards of US$600 per hour of court time and depositions can cost a fortune -- particularly when the entity bringing the suit has to travel to the respondent for depositions long before any trial is likely.

Truth is the best outcome for greedy bargain seekers like us (that was an attempt at humor that includes me) would be for UniWebHosting to survive.

"Never saw a winner that didn't bet..." (from they lyrics of "Smoke Smoke That Cigarette" by Commander Cody and The Lost Planet Airmen)

Regards,

Aza

• @spiritfly said:

This is exactly what scammers do, make multitude excuses (once you are able to corner them) claiming they had no control, etc. They do this to string you along as far as possible to prevent you filing claims and charging back. Moving to a new dc will just see the cycle repeat.

Don't forget the email from Hetzner a few weeks ago, imo the only thing that would cause that to change is non-payment. You pre-paid what, 2-3 years, they have only paid hetzner a few months. And now when you try to contact them they claim their shared clients are causing them to not respond? Bullshit.

The offer was a scam to begin with, and you are now seeing the result. The address descrepancies, the non-answers to legitimate questions, let alone the completely unsustainable pricing they have offered for months now should have been enough to stay away.

Thanked by 2NeoXiD boernd
  • LeeLee Veteran

spiritfly said: know I said this once, but they seem convincing to me.

So this company that was a long time fan of Hetzner who nothing but good things to say about them and Hetzner of them, all of a sudden has their account shut down with everything in it and they are now moving with no real explanation.

You are easy to convince or perhaps your head is too far buried.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

Thanked by 2FrankZ cassa
  • Well it seems like they've gone unresponsive again now, so it turns out I was the only sucker around here. So let me first apologize to all of you here because I was trying to convince you in something that had clear indications it's a scam. You knew those scheme signs well all along, but I wasn't that much aware about them.

Now I've opened up a case with 2checkout. Hopefully they will resolve this case. The bad thing for me, however is, that I didn't have a backup of the data I had there. And it's clear that they won't be returning the data. I will suffer terrible consequences mostly because I cannot recover my data and then the funds.

• LeeLee Veteran

spiritfly said: so it turns out I was the only sucker around here

No you were just one of very many.

• @Lee said:
    No you were just one of very many.

And you was the person who tried to protect them in this thread:

@Lee said:
    Show me where there is fraud?

What's now ?

@Lee said:
    I take it you can't prove any fraud in that case, that is all you had to say.

It's enough now ?

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @Falzo and @4n0nx are you the part of this "uni crap scheme"?? You was bumping this thread everyday so the people can see the offer. You guys ripped many users here.