Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Spirit said: What I am wondering is if story will repeat itself in 3 months from now.

Why? That makes no sense. >.>

• LeeLee Veteran

@4n0nx said:

It might, what @Spirit is suggesting is whether there may be some sort of cycle happening here that occurs periodically. Only time will tell.

People really want to fast forward the process to see if this ends as they expected or hoped. It just has too many if's still.

• 4n0nx said: Why? That makes no sense. >.>

Lee said: It might, what @Spirit is suggesting is whether there may be some sort of cycle happening here that occurs periodically. Only time will tell.

No sense? Would things have sense with DC offering some special deal for first 3 months? Then cancellation and re-ordering for another 3 months under same special deal terms :)
    (just example - potential scenario)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Spirit said: No sense? Would things have sense with DC offering some special deal for first 3 months? Then cancellation and re-ordering for another 3 months under same special deal terms :)

(just example - potential scenario)

I see now. But my server is still there so... (it has been up for longer than 3 months)

• Well an update on my server, I recently made a refund request and they accepted it on March 22. Guess what? I still dont see a refund in my account yet, and 2checkout has confirmed that they have no pending refunds. I havent heard a response back yet (Was told via live chat I was supposed to get on this past Saturday night), looks pretty scam like to me atm. Ill update if I get my refund

• xyzxyz Member
    edited March 2015

Experiencing similar issues with everyone else - account lost and support won't fix it up and aren't answering tickets. Live chat still is responsive, but they just instruct you to create a ticket.

Also, it appears that the unlimited transfer part was BS, as I had suspected. Just asked chat, and they said that it was 1Gbps to 50TB (probably implying 200Mbps), then 10Mbps after, and this resets every month - which I suspect to be just made up.
    Uploaded >30TB this month, and my connection is now restricted to 10Mbps.

Will be a new month tomorrow, but I doubt the limit will reset. That's assuming the server doesn't completely disappear because something wasn't paid through April... Might be a good time to migrate everything away.

• @xyz said:
    Experiencing similar issues with everyone else - account lost and support won't fix it up and aren't answering tickets. Live chat still is responsive, but they just instruct you to create a ticket.

Also, it appears that the unlimited transfer part was BS, as I had suspected. Just asked chat, and they said that it was 1Gbps to 50TB (probably implying 200Mbps), then 10Mbps after, and this resets every month - which I suspect to be just made up.
    Uploaded >30TB this month, and my connection is now restricted to 10Mbps.

Will be a new month tomorrow, but I doubt the limit will reset. That's assuming the server doesn't completely disappear because something wasn't paid through April... Might be a good time to migrate everything away.

Luckier than I am as they took my server down, still no refund and Skype/live chat never responds. I did get an email about them doing a direct refund (idk how if I paid by 2checkout how they would get my info). I'll see by the end of this week most likely.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

xyz said: Also, it appears that the unlimited transfer part was BS, as I had suspected. Just asked chat, and they said that it was 1Gbps to 50TB (probably implying 200Mbps), then 10Mbps after, and this resets every month - which I suspect to be just made up.

and they told me so many times that it's unmetered :( Wow. Thanks for posting, by the way. I was about to try ..

zhable said: , I recently made a refund request

On what grounds? For how long did you have your server? Did you request a partial or full refund?

zhable said: Luckier than I am as they took my server down,

Did they take it down before or after you requested a refund?

• xyzxyz Member
    edited March 2015

zhable said: Luckier than I am as they took my server down, still no refund and Skype/live chat never responds. I did get an email about them doing a direct refund

Damn. I'm not surprised that they're unwilling to refund, but you were unlucky with losing it altogether.

I did ask chat about refunds and they said they'd do it within the first 6 months. Sounds rather ridiculous (like who offers a refund after 6 months?).

4n0nx said: and they told me so many times that it's unmetered :( Wow. Thanks for posting, by the way. I was about to try ..

Which, after initially dealing with them, I would've thought the same as you. They really did seem quite helpful at the beginning.
    I decided to wait about 2 months, after their initial offer, before signing up, since most scams are obvious by then, but looks like I didn't wait long enough :(

Edit: actually, I spoke too soon. It's definitely slower than before, but seems to be more than 10Mbps. Hovering around 4-5MB/s (~35Mbps) upload.

(I typically average over 100Mbps, and have no issue bursting to 200Mbps or higher as you can see, but over the past day, it's been capped at around 35Mbps).
    A little coincidental that it happened to occur after uploading >30TB:

# vnstat -m

eth0  /  monthly

month        rx      |     tx      |    total    |   avg. rate
        ------------------------+-------------+-------------+---------------
          Mar '15      3.72 TiB |   31.79 TiB |   35.52 TiB |  116.87 Mbit/s
        ------------------------+-------------+-------------+---------------
        estimated      3.82 TiB |   32.62 TiB |   36.44 TiB |

• BierBier Member

Same boat here...

Noticed that I can't login to my server on march 24th. Panel and robot accounts also gone.
    The server is pingable, but CentOS with MySQL is installed now (I had ESXi installed). So I guess it's sold to someone else.

Ticket created on the 24th of march, still waiting for an answer ... Oh well "if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

• My server is locked 10 min ago per Hetzner robot panel, uniwebhosting website is not reachable. Looks like it's time to file a chargeback with my credit card company.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2015

cough...

I know: This is narrow-minded. But I simply could not resist. ;-)

• Don't you think it's time to write to Hetzner and ask what's up? They can't ignore that many complaints.

• Wrote email to Hetzner as soon as they locked the server. They states that they cannot disclose any information and ask me to contact their immediate client.

@tr1cky said:
    Don't you think it's time to write to Hetzner and ask what's up? They can't ignore that many complaints.

• xyzxyz Member

Damn, I was in the process of migrating everything over, and now the server's unreachable. Thought I had a little more time - it's not even April yet!

Interestingly, I can still reach the Robot Panel and the server is still listed there. It does have a "bandwidth reduced to 10Mbps" sign on it though.

• LeeLee Veteran

@jacobhere said:
    Wrote email to Hetzner as soon as they locked the server. They states that they cannot disclose any information and ask me to contact their immediate client.

Don't you think it's time to write to Hetzner and ask what's up? They can't ignore that many complaints.

They were happy to discuss and disclose information before. I should probably put the email back up from the Product Director and people can contact him.

• Look at your IP addresses, which should have lock signs.

@xyz said:
    Damn, I was in the process of migrating everything over, and now the server's unreachable. Thought I had a little more time - it's not even April yet!

Interestingly, I can still reach the Robot Panel and the server is still listed there. It does have a "bandwidth reduced to 10Mbps" sign on it though.

• xyzxyz Member
    edited March 2015

jacobhere said: Look at your IP addresses, which should have lock signs.

Yeah, but that hasn't changed, from memory. Or does it imply something?

• @xyz said:
    Yeah, but that hasn't changed, from memory. Or does it imply something?

http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Leitfaden_bei_Serversperrung/en
    Per this webpage, most likely we are having "Non-payment of invoices"

• xyzxyz Member

Oh, I see, thanks for the info.

Although, despite what the Wiki page says, a traceroute isn't stopping there

5  xe-3-2-3.fra28.ip4.gtt.net (141.136.110.65)  108.109 ms  108.115 ms  108.096 ms
     6  hetzner-online-gw.ip4.gtt.net (77.67.76.142)  121.334 ms  121.445 ms *
     7  core1.hetzner.de (213.239.245.6)  121.376 ms  121.373 ms  121.331 ms
     8  core22.hetzner.de (213.239.245.178)  123.478 ms  123.455 ms  123.497 ms
    9  * * *

Perhaps that bit of info is out of date

• 5hi745hi74 Member

https://www.site24x7.com/public/t/results-1427798587334.html

Their website www.uniwebhosting.com now is "Host Unavailable".

• FalzoFalzo Member

@5hi74 said:
    https://www.site24x7.com/public/t/results-1427798587334.html

Their website www.uniwebhosting.com now is "Host Unavailable".

sure, as they are hosting their own website on a server with hetzner too...

• spiritflyspiritfly Member
    edited March 2015

Yup, my server is down as well 5+ hours now. Uniwebhosting told me that they will resolve this on skype and that was all. No further information on what's going on and when it's going to be resolved whatsoever.

Gosh I hope I won't be the biggest sucker in here..

• spiritfly said: Yup, my server is down as well 5+ hours now. Uniwebhosting told me that they will resolve this on skype and that was all. No further information on what's going on and when it's going to be resolved whatsoever.

Gosh I hope I won't be the biggest sucker in here..

Me too, they said "In progress"... 2 days ago, and my server is still down now

• Wow, I must be on the do not respond to list. I haven't got a single response via Skype in the past days.

• hi, i'm new here.. my server went down 7-8 hours ago. i ordered it on jan 8th and never had a single problem until now.

• FalzoFalzo Member

will be interesting to see how this will evolve, as their own website and such are affected...

one could assume, they hopefully may be willing to solve it, as far as they intend to keep up some kind of their service at least (their webhosting and such).

maybe, just maybe, statement on twitter is somewhat true, their over-cheap services probably attracted a lot of potential abusers.
    then maybe hetzner suspended their whole account after they were getting too much abuse messages and complaints - which again maybe can be solved, if they do care enough...

• LeeLee Veteran

It's easy to jump to conclusions when they not saying anything, granted it does not look good but there could be reasons.

All that said they need to tell people and there are now random new members joining to say the same thing so....

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @Lee said:
    It's easy to jump to conclusions when they not saying anything, granted it does not look good but there could be reasons.

All that said they need to tell people and there are now random new members joining to say the same thing so....

Yeah I can see what you mean and I'm trying to keep an open mind, but the lack of answers and the situation continuously getting worse isn't helping their image. Hopefully they see this site and will start getting in contact again.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

They know about this site in fact they have been posting in this thread.