Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Japan beats Spain in football
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Japan beats Spain in football

jcalebjcaleb Member
edited July 2012 in General

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18907917

I didn't realize Olympics already started....

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

The football started on Wednesday with the Women's tournament. Dunno if that's normal or not.

• yomeroyomero Member

@Nekki said: Dunno if that's normal or not.

Me too. Seems to be the lack of time or sth...

• jcalebjcaleb Member

2 weeks is not enough time for a football tournament. But it seems Olympics is not even half the prestige of the World Cup right?

• yomeroyomero Member

@jcaleb said: prestige

Bah
    I hate soccer. At least the local one sucks, and make the people crazy, and distracts them of the real problems around =/ (like our country going to the shit...)

The world cup and the euro cup are the only decent tournaments, but still causes the same effect.

/offtopic

So, I prefer the olympic games in general. Lots of variated sports.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

I don't like Olympics very much, because we haven't won any Gold ever since. It breaks my heart every time. Now our chance gets slimmer and slimmer.

• @yomero said: I hate soccer football.

fixed..

Thanked by 2jcaleb n0my
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

Is it the Americans that calls it soccer?

• yomeroyomero Member

@Mon5t3r said: fixed..

Well you are right in some way. Here in MX is football to refer to soccer.
    And the NFL "football" is something that I can't understand :D

• @jcaleb said: Is it the Americans that calls it soccer?

Yep, American Football is actually just based off Rugby.

• @yomero said: Well you are right in some way. Here in MX is football to refer to soccer.

yeah i understand that. but, just want to help you before someone put an image here and explaining ball, egg, hand, foot, etc.. :P

hint: @ElliotJ

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited July 2012

@Mon5t3r said: yeah i understand that. but, just want to help you before someone put an image here and explaining ball, egg, hand, foot, etc.. :P

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@MrLawoodle said: Yep, American Football is actually just based off Rugby.

Is it true that Americans invented basketball because they suck at football?

• @jcaleb said: Is it true that Americans invented basketball because they suck at football?

Usually the country that invented the sport, sucks at the sport (eg UK).

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2012

@MrLawoodle said: Usually the country that invented the sport, sucks at the sport (eg UK).

UK are just too nice and dont play dirty in sports. I'm talking about the Maradona thing, can only be done against UK

• innyainnya Member

foot ball in that even limit the ages of participant.
    So, Spain might went with a lot of junior players. Same apply to Mexico and US.

• People always knock the fact that American "football" allows you to hold the ball. The original rules of the game said that you could run while holding the ball to gain field position, but the only way to SCORE was to kick the ball through the uprights. There was no passing. Football makes perfect sense as a name for that game.

Over time the rules of the game changed, but not the name. It's like saying they should change the name of cricket because there are no noisy insects involved, and on the same level as "why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?" jokes.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited July 2012

@Soylent said: It's like saying they should change the name of cricket because there are no noisy insects involved

No its not, the name cricket comes from creckett or the dutch word krickstoel[Source]. The name has nothing to do with the insect.

Thanked by 2yomero jcaleb
  • @jcaleb said: Is it true that Americans invented basketball because they suck at football?

No ... Canada invented basketball.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: No its not, the name cricket comes from creckett or the dutch word krickstoel[Source]. The name has nothing to do with the insect.

And so you're saying I'm ignoring the history behind the word "cricket." And so I'm saying you're ignoring the history behind the word "football." Illustration by humorous counter-example.

There's always that one guy who needs the joke explained to them.

• I'm not ignoring anything, i just pointed out that the name for the game cricket doesn't come from the insect.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • I'm happyhappy to join here a lot of interesting information

Thanked by 1dosai
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2021

@kohate said:
    I'm happy to join here a lot of interesting information

Holy necro

You're a spammer

No congrats on your first post

Thanked by 1skorous
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited October 2021

@kohate said:
    I'm happy to join here a lot of interesting information

But we're not happy about the necropost so this might be a goodbye.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@jcaleb said:
    2 weeks is not enough time for a football tournament. But it seems Olympics is not even half the prestige of the World Cup right?

One third at the very best. Personally, I don't even watch or care about Olympics football, men or women.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited October 2021

only Stupid Maradonna can do this 'hand of God' thing and not get a red card.

This discussion has been closed.