Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody else have a GoodHosting VPS on CHI2?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody else have a GoodHosting VPS on CHI2?

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
edited March 2015 in Providers

If you do what kind of network speeds are you seeing? My VPS has been maxing out at 13KB/s for the past week and I need to know if there's something I'm missing or if this is a general problem with their network.

I just need to know if this is a problem for everybody or just me. I've asked for a migration to a different node or even data center but I'm wondering if that will solve anything or if it's just more of the same. Thanks for any input you can provide about your current active service you have with them.

Comments

• @KuJoe said:
    If you do what kind of network speeds are you seeing? My VPS has been maxing out at 13KB/s for the past week and I need to know if there's something I'm missing or if this is a general problem with their network.

I just need to know if this is a problem for everybody or just me. I've asked for a migration to a different node or even data center but I'm wondering if that will solve anything or if it's just more of the same. Thanks for any input you can provide about your current active service you have with them.

I haven't logged into their panel in so long since I finally got my own dedicated servers. but I will check for you I paid yearly for them.

• @KuJoe the same problem here. I think everybody has the same problem.

• @comXyz said:
    KuJoe the same problem here. I think everybody has the same problem.

yep I just tested it and speedtest-cli failed or timed out just trying to retrieve server list.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@comXyz Are you on CHI2 also?

@timnboys Thanks for checking this (I get the timeout also with speedtest-cli trying to download the list of servers). Is your VPS on CHI2 also?

• @KuJoe Yes, CHI2

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited March 2015

@KuJoe said:
    comXyz Are you on CHI2 also?

timnboys Thanks for checking this (I get the timeout also with speedtest-cli trying to download the list of servers). Is your VPS on CHI2 also?

yes my vps is on chi2 it was a opennebula experiment(nested vmx to help I thought keep costs down for running my own vm's off of) - failed when I found out if I had issues I wouldn't have root access to the server to fix it you know slow support - vacations moose season lol.
    sorry if I had to bring that up I just couldn't resist lol.

• the past week

fox2 has been down for about a week, which may partly answer your question.

Awesome, thanks both of you. I feel better knowing it's not something I'm doing wrong. :)

@ricardo said:
    fox2 has been down for about a week, which may partly answer your question.

What is that? Is that part of their "cloud"?

• @KuJoe said:

yes it is I used to be on fox2 until I asked damon to move me over to chi2 for better vmx support. and I was on fox1 originally.

• @KuJoe

Fox2 - It's another location

Ok so migrating won't solve any problems then. I guess their slogan should be: "Our nodes are on vacation as much as we are!"

This thread can be closed. :(

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@KuJoe said:
    Our nodes are on vacation as much as we are

Brilliant idea. :D

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Closed upon request

This discussion has been closed.