Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stripe - if you use it with WHMCS advice please :) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stripe - if you use it with WHMCS advice please :)

2»

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@ItsChrisG said:
    Oh, and does MoStripe use Stripe.js to properly pass thru CC info without storing any locally? (this is the reason why I want to use ServerPing's)

They have two versions, the $15 one uses Stripe.js (PCI compliant) while the $25 one uses the PHP API (not PCI compliant, but supports recurring payments).

I don't see bitcoin support for it yet in the module but I use BitPay anyways because they don't charge fees like Stripe does.

• We used to accept credit card payments through stripe.com, but we received a huge percentage of fraud and chargebacks; so we moved to 2checkout. If you are going to use Stripe, I would personally recommend using MaxMind alongside to prevent fraudulent transactions (i.e refuse orders from IPs of high risk score)

We used ServerPing's module, it's open source: http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/962/Stripe-WHMCS-Payment-Gateway.html

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

KuJoe said: They have two versions, the $15 one uses Stripe.js (PCI compliant) while the $25 one uses the PHP API (not PCI compliant, but supports recurring payments).

god damn it why would anyone want either or.... sigh, I will keep looking.

Well its seems that http://www.wstripe.ca/features supports single and recurring payments, and does not store CC info locally, winner winner tofu dinner

Thanked by 1VPNsh
  • We use WSTRIPE. However it seems there is some retarded JS code that tries to trick WHMCS unneededly and screws everything up, so the stripe.js was mainly wiped out and all function calls being dummy/noop'ed. Works fine besides that detail.

pcfreak30 said: screws everything up

pcfreak30 said: Works fine besides that detail.

Could you elaborate a bit more?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

AnthonySmith said: Well its seems that http://www.wstripe.ca/features supports single and recurring payments, and does not store CC info locally, winner winner tofu dinner

Looks like it's exactly like the $25 version of MoStripe, they just don't advertise that it's not PCI compliant.

Even though credit card information is not stored locally, they still have enough information to bill client's credit cards so if your WHMCS is hacked its just as bad as if you were storing their credit card details locally.

Thanked by 1Serveo
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

ItsChrisG said: I'm looking to hire a developer to modify the ServerPing WHMCS Stripe module and add support for Bitcoin and Alipay --- if you can do this, please contact me immediately

The ServerPing guy offers customization on request.

• @KuJoe said:
    We used the free one by ServerPing for many months but then we switched to the MoStripe module because I was tired of updating the template with every other WHMCS update.

Exactly the reason why we went for MoStripe. wStripe I had seen before also, but there website didn't convince me back then.

• DylanDylan Member

@MSPNick said:
    The fees are OK but it's 7 days from transaction to bank with Stripe.

Is that a UK thing? It's two days in the US.

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited March 2015

@Dylan said:
    Is that a UK thing? It's two days in the US.

Yes, seems to be a UK thing, I know banking payment's is slightly different in the UK.

Also they only just recently got started in the UK, one thing I would like to see they lower slightly. But apart from that had no issues.

• Pretty sure if you increase your volume they will decrease the wait time however 7 days is nothing assuming majority of payments go over PayPal anyways.

• DylanDylan Member

AshleyUk said: Yes, seems to be a UK thing, I know banking payment's is slightly different in the UK.

Also they only just recently got started in the UK, one thing I would like to see they lower slightly. But apart from that had no issues.

That's annoying. It used to be seven days in the US too, though, so maybe they'll lower it at some point.