Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An UPDATED Opinion of SolusVM v.s. Virtualizor? (as of 3/18/15 & recent updates/releases) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

An UPDATED Opinion of SolusVM v.s. Virtualizor? (as of 3/18/15 & recent updates/releases)

2»

Comments

• Based on @AnthonySmith's post, makes me a tad afraid to move to Virtualizor now.

• lazytlazyt Member

My question is how effective will the onapp solarus build be if they maintain backwards compatibility? If they don't will the virtualizer importer even work?

• @lazyt said:
    My question is how effective will the onapp solarus build be if they maintain backwards compatibility? If they don't will the virtualizer importer even work?

From what ive heard V2 wont be backwards compatible at all, they was talking of a completely different data structure and a not even simple upgrade path from V1 to V2.

• lazytlazyt Member

That was the impression I had as well. If true then the change easy to virt option is no longer there.

So your choice would be more of try a untested unknown new product going on onapps reputation alone and hope the vitualizer team gets an importer built if it all goes sour.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

lazyt said: If they don't will the virtualizer importer even work

It should, it just runs side by side with solus anyway and talks to the back end software (xen,kvm,openvz) just like solusvm so there is not reason for it not to, perhaps a few field updates but not much work.

It really is more of a virt importer than a panel specific one, you can use both at the same time if it makes you happy :)