Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VULTR begins charging VAT for european customers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VULTR begins charging VAT for european customers

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2015

Chuck said: Is this the reason why so many terrorism in the European lately?

No, those are because many EU countries openly support terrorist states and crimes against humanity, mostly pushed by US.
    We have a saying here, you are middling in the dirty pig food, the pigs will eat you.
    As for the taxes, as said elsewhere I like to pay them, because the state does provide in return, free healthcare, unemployment insurance, free education, etc.
    They may not be that good as the paid for counterparts, but they are a starting point, anyone serious and hard working can manage to reach at least middle-class status using these freebies.
    As for why american companies must pay taxes to EU, well, they dont, those are not their money, the question should be why should american companies COLLECT taxes for EU countries. They are free not to do it, quit doing business with the marxist EU, EU had a lot of costs for US's religious wars, only the "security" investments, terrorist attacks and the gradual loss of freedom cost much more than those meager coins, even if we consider that they are paid by americans, and not by EU people as they are.

• Doesn't really matter, we pay 20% on food, petrol, pretty much everything.. and 20% is deducted from my pay every month. Stupid government.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith - Can you post direct references to these sorts of things?

• AnthonySmith said: This whole thing is like that BS cookie law the UK tried to force on people, it was ignored to the point that they scrapped it as it was never enforceable.

My god, I wasted so much of my life on that stupid fucking directive.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    As of today only 6800 companies in the entire EU have registered for the VAT Moss system,

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Nick_A said: Can you post direct references to these sorts of things?

Hi Nick,

These are things I pick up being part of the EU VAT Action group, the sources are numerous and things I pick up on a daily basis while keeping up passively so I don't keep good track of sources but I can assure you they are good sources.

At the same time I don't want to push every source to do with this on to LET because frankly I am now of the opinion the more people that ignore this the faster it goes away :)

I know you are interested and with good reason, If I find any interesting stuff/ links in the future I will email you or tweet them over.

Ant.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2015

EU need stop their citizens run out from companies in EU who sell with VAT to companies who sell without VAT for save money.That only way. Taxes a huge income for EU

• well i don t think the buzzword is marxism at all. but yes the eu is doing some weird finanical adjustments. now the euro is for shit probably to raise investment into eu. and there s the new trade agreement coming with the us. soon enough, eu will not be what it once stood for -or what people thought it stood for- and all will be lost as it becomes a fusion of the early years of the united states and the late years of the soviet union.

:(

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Cool, thank you.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Surprisingly they started just now?
    They were supposed to do it since 01/01/2015.

• frankfrank Member

This is really relevant to a lot of people here but read this -

http://euvataction.org/2015/03/19/british-prime-minister-is-taking-the-eu-vat-campaign-to-the-chief-of-the-eu-and-how-you-can-help/

And do as it says at the bottom. By explaining the impact this poorly thought out change is having on your business it could be overturned. Odds are some change will happen as its undermining the whole taxation system as most companies are ignoring it.

@Clouvider said:
    Surprisingly they started just now?
    They were supposed to do it since 01/01/2015.

Most of the EU is and will be very lenient until June due to botched implementation and the fact that paypal said they themselves needed time to allow people to comply (now done).

Also if you can prove (provide incorporation documents etc) you are a legally registered business Vultr wont charge you any VAT regardless of your registration status.

To be honest though, I would say 5% of the industry is complying at most.

AnthonySmith said: To be honest though, I would say 5% of the industry is complying at most.

Uncle was very upset a couple of days ago, nobody he knows intends to move a finger, some really had no idea of this directive while he worked hard to change accountant firm, register to MOSS etc. I think that the big companies will probably comply and the smaller ones will close, like we plan with our Iperweb LTD in UK which is VAT exempted. At the first fine we will import all customers in Prometeus and leave UK altogether. We are preparing the exit plan and stand by so nobody will be affected more than being moved to another billing panel. Of course, VAT will then start to be charged, but we will absorb the costs pretty easy because of low Eur rates compared with the GBP in which the Iperweb products are charged in. Hiring a company in UK to do complex billing with MOSS and all is out of the question for 5k revenue a month from there.

Maounique said: Uncle was very upset a couple of days ago, nobody he knows intends to move a finger, some really had no idea of this directive while he worked hard to change accountant firm, register to MOSS etc.

Yep that is what has really annoyed me, usually I am the first to comply however having spoken to, written to, and emailed HMRC and also having read many of the public statements from MEP's they literally all contradict each other.

On top of that with the absolute lack of compliance across the board (vast majority) I don't see why I should be the one that suffers the burden, I am taking a similar stance, if there is a fine I will pay it after fighting it and only when someone can justify the 3 official responses that all contradict each other will I fully comply.

I am compliant in terms of information collection etc now, but I cannot comply fully as true compliance mandates that you must show your prices with VAT based on the customers location in advance of sale (not part way through the checkout process).

I am convinced with such low takeup a threshold will be brought back for small businesses. (which are considered sub 2 million EUR btw according to the EU)

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Nobody is doing anything, seems drops in the ocean ...

• @creep said:
    you should come to Malaysia. the people here love VAT / GST .. they said it is good for government, we the people need to sacrifice for government for better future.

Where I live, it's more or less the same thing. The upside of this is that, while THEY are happy with paying, the state doesn't care enough to hunt those who are not and can avoid the extortion ;)

• @fitvpn said:
    EU need stop their citizens run out from companies in EU who sell with VAT to companies who sell without VAT for save money.That only way. Taxes a huge income for EU

A more effective way would be to concentrate people in labor camps, that would really improve the EU income. Plus, there's considerable historical experience, it's not like you're starting this enterprise from zero knowledge.

• @deadbeef said: A more effective way would be to concentrate people in labor camps, that would really improve the EU income. Plus, there's considerable historical experience, it's not like you're starting this enterprise from zero knowledge.

Wut? EU labor camps? Where?

• Maybe he was referring to the nazi concentration camps

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @misterm said:
    Maybe he was referring to the nazi concentration camps

Yep, those and the Russian ones.

• deadbeef said: Yep, those and the Russian ones.

Heh.. where you seen alike Russian ones?

invading another country and destroying the native population because they dont have a flag sounds like a better option, we have done it before I suppose.

look out world.

• @fitvpn said:
    Heh.. where you seen alike Russian ones?

Does the acronym GULag ring any bell to you?

• @deadbeef said: Does the acronym GULag ring any bell to you?

Sure does. Except, last time I checked, Russia was not part of the EU.

• @aglodek said:
    Sure does. Except, last time I checked, Russia was not part of the EU.

Europe isn't just the EU, last time I checked.

Thanked by 1tux
  • deadbeef said: Does the acronym GULag ring any bell to you?

Damn, it been 80 years ago..

aglodek said: Russia was not part of the EU.

Nice find :)

deadbeef said: Europe isn't just the EU, last time I checked.

Yep :)

edited March 2015

fitvpn said: Damn, it been 80 years ago

When it was started, but when was ended ? Much later than the nazi ones, certainly. They also started earlier, as Russia started WWII before germany too, by conquering parts of Finland.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited March 2015

@deadbeef said: Europe isn't just the EU, last time I checked.

Well, if you insist on splitting hairs, you need to upgrade your... RAM first:

@deadbeef said: A more effective way would be to concentrate people in labor camps, that would really improve the EU income...

• Maounique said: Hiring a company in UK to do complex billing with MOSS and all is out of the question for 5k revenue a month from there.

There is no complex billing there, just standard WHMcs' VAT function per country and a few long mysql queries to export data into Excel table for the accountant.