Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Webmail Client
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Webmail Client

Looking for the most modern web client. Would like it to be like gmail as much as possible ideally but support unlimited imap accounts. Im getting tired of Thunderbird being a CPU hog with the number of accounts saved.

I know of roundcube and horde, but looking for anything better.

Thanks.

Thanked by 1Zshen

Comments

• After Logic is Good

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • Roundcube and afterlogic webmail lite (free version).

• Or Telaen (no need mysql).

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • k0nslk0nsl Member

Roundcube and/or RainLoop Webmail.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

1+ for roundcube

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Roundcube is not pretty, but it's usable and reliable.

• ValdVald Member
    edited March 2015

if you can setup your own IMAP or use one of its supported panels you can check

http://www.afterlogic.org/webmail-lite

You could also try the WebMail module from Zentyal server community edition, its really nice and sleek looking but requires at least 1GB ram i think, at least i couldnt get it to work on a 512mb machine.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Squirrelmail forever

• I like HastyMail2

• messing with rainloop. Afterlogic lost me since they can't keep the demo app with a working admin login.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • I've been using Clawsmail for a while because it is very fast and configurable. It handles lots of accounts, and I see it it only taking up about 55Megs at the moment.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • slowzslowz Member

+1 for rainloop

Thanked by 2aglodek MikePT
  • RainLoop is good.

Thanked by 2aglodek MikePT
  • Why does no one use Horde? It's fantastic + ActiveSync/Calendar/Contacts !

• @bohdans said:
    Why does no one use Horde? It's fantastic + ActiveSync/Calendar/Contacts !

Just looked and the GUI looks 5-10 years old back when "DHTML" was the hot thing to talk about/use.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited March 2015

@Ole_Juul said: I've been using Clawsmail for a while because it is very fast and configurable. It handles lots of accounts, and I see it it only taking up about 55Megs at the moment.

Took a quick look. Correct my if I'm wrong, but seems this is an email client rather than a remote webmail app?

@mustafaramadhan said: Roundcube and afterlogic webmail lite (free version).

>

Or Telaen (no need mysql).

Pros and cons of Afterlogic Webmail Lite?How does it compare to Telaen and Roundcube?

• @aglodek said:
    Took a quick look. Correct my if I'm wrong, but seems this is an email client rather than a remote webmail app?

Oops, I scanned the title too fast. You're right. In that case my answer is SquirrelMail all the way. :)

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @aglodek said:
    Pros and cons of Afterlogic Webmail Lite?How does it compare to Telaen and Roundcube?

I don't know about Telaen (never heard of it), but from what I remember about my experience with Afterlogic, the features were much more limited than Roundcube. It did however, look a lot better.

I'm currently looking to see if there are any webmail solutions to integrate with Zimbra which I've chosen for my backend. While the zimbra client is decent, it looks way too dated in my opinion, and would love a fresher look like afterlogic or rainloop.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @Jonchun said: I don't know about Telaen (never heard of it), but from what I remember about my experience with Afterlogic, the features were much more limited than Roundcube. It did however, look a lot better.

Afterlogic looks pretty much rounded of, feature-wise, but maybe I'm missing something. Can you say where you found it lacking vis a vis Roundcube?

• @pcfreak30 @slowz @Gunter:

I'm not clear: does Rainloop require a DB backend?

From their website:

Optional: PDO (MySQL/PostgreSQL/SQLite) PHP extension (for contacts)

• pcfreak30pcfreak30 Member
    edited March 2015

@aglodek said:
    pcfreak30 slowz Gunter:

I'm not clear: does Rainloop require a DB backend?

From their website:

Optional: PDO (MySQL/PostgreSQL/SQLite) PHP extension (for contacts)

Defaults to SQLite, optional MySQL support.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @aglodek said:
    Afterlogic looks pretty much rounded of, feature-wise, but maybe I'm missing something. Can you say where you found it lacking vis a vis Roundcube?

I know this sounds weak, but I honestly don't remember too much since it has been a while. I just remember how it felt when I used it. The situation could very well have changed by now.

I have used RainLoop recently and I loved the interface (closest to gmail I've used so far). It has most things down perfectly. Their social media integration is great too

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • NavynNavyn Member
    edited March 2015

+1 for roundcube

• Jonchun said: I'm currently looking to see if there are any webmail solutions to integrate with Zimbra which I've chosen for my backend. While the zimbra client is decent, it looks way too dated in my opinion, and would love a fresher look like afterlogic or rainloop.

Really?
    I thought the zimbra web interface was one of the better ones although it can be a little heavy.

• bohdans said: Why does no one use Horde

Because it's an atrocity.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

+1 for Rainloop.

• YKMYKM Member

@Microlinux said:
    Because it's an atrocity.

So true, and has been for years

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • vijaivijai Member

@Nyr said:
    Roundcube is not pretty, but it's usable and reliable.

If by pretty you meant the looks, roundcube could be made pretty. You can make it look like outlook or icloud mail. Lot of free and paid themes out there.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

vijai said: If by pretty you meant the looks, roundcube could be made pretty. You can make it look like outlook or icloud mail. Lot of free and paid themes out there.

The Outlook theme looked nice, but it was $100 even for personal use, so a no go for me. The free themes were... lacking the last time I checked, to say at least.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

squirrelmail but idk if it still looks ancient. Lavabit used it so it's probably secure ;p